Page 1 of 66
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard have effectively gotten rid of flying

They really have. By only enabling it when it doesn't matter anymore.

7.2 will enable flying, but it will be done after people have spent months on the Broken Isles doing their quests while not flying. After we unlock it, that will probably be it in terms of content, before they release the Argus patch. At that point we won't need to fly on the Broken Isles, because we'll be on Argus, which will probably be not flyable either.

It's just like with WoD, where we were only able to fly once nobody needed to anymore anyway. Because the expansion was over. When the flying patch came out, I had 2 days of gametime left. And I didn't renew my sub at that point and went on a 1-year break, because the expansion was over anyway.

This will be the standard now. Flying is gone.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Wouldn't care if it doesn't come at all.

Sorry/not sorry you feel that way.

Blizzard went to enormous trouble to create interesting terrain for Legion. By "interesting" I mean sometimes terribly frustrating (where's that goddamn world quest miniboss?!?) but Suramar, for example, is incredibly intricate and worth learning.

I like flying but I am happy to go without it for half the expansion.

If you want to play the expansion with flying, all you have to do is not play until flying is available. Simple really.

Deleted
    Cool, thats fine with me.

Deleted
    I don't really care if flying is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not trying to trigger anyone here, but I am glad flying is gated. Also, how do you know we won't be able to use it in Argus, or that it will be pointless having it on the Broken Isles? Even if Argus will be a no fly zone, you will still find use for flying on the Broken Isles for sure. My Alts will rejoice having flying for sure.

Subs are down and it will be cheaper to develop the game in the future with unfinished environments. Flying will be gone completely at some point, except for old world content.

Oh well. Enjoy the game, I suppose...doesn't sound like I'm missing much...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post

Blizzard went to enormous trouble to create interesting terrain for Legion.
    By interesting you mean fucking retarded.

dang... i hadn't though about the argus thing but you could be right uhg... I'll never understand why blizz doesn't use flying as a stand out feature of their MMO vs others.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter, is profoundly easy to get around the Broken Isles without it. FPs are fast, you ahve multiple hearths, you have a whistle on a 5 minute CD...

I get if you want to ride your beloved flying mounts in the air, and you'll get to eventually. You have to accept that not being able to fly past difficult content when it's current is going to be the norm. Once nothing can even threaten you, that's when you'll have the ability to glide past it in the air.

That's just the way it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    dang... i hadn't though about the argus thing but you could be right uhg... I'll never understand why blizz doesn't use flying as a stand out feature of their MMO vs others.
    Because it's not necessary.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Sth View Post
    They really have. By only enabling it when it doesn't matter anymore.

7.2 will enable flying, but it will be done after people have spent months on the Broken Isles doing their quests while not flying. After we unlock it, that will probably be it in terms of content, before they release the Argus patch. At that point we won't need to fly on the Broken Isles, because we'll be on Argus, which will probably be not flyable either.

It's just like with WoD, where we were only able to fly once nobody needed to anymore anyway. Because the expansion was over. When the flying patch came out, I had 2 days of gametime left. And I didn't renew my sub at that point and went on a 1-year break, because the expansion was over anyway.

This will be the standard now. Flying is gone.
    I remember when people thought flying should go away and that the game is too easy and requires no time or skill to play.
    Now you're telling me you want it back? Fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    It doesn't matter, is profoundly easy to get around the Broken Isles without it. FPs are fast, you ahve multiple hearths, you have a whistle on a 5 minute CD...
    That's not an argument in its favour.

If it's easy to get around anyway, that would be an argument for allowing flying. Because then being able to fly does not impact anyway in any negative way, and is only a positive, because the people who like flying would get to fly.

Deleted

Blizzard went to enormous trouble to create interesting terrain for Legion. By "interesting" I mean sometimes terribly frustrating (where's that goddamn world quest miniboss?!?) but Suramar, for example, is incredibly intricate and worth learning.

If you want to play the expansion with flying, all you have to do is not play until flying is available. Simple really.
    Interesting terrain - what are you smoking

10+ Year Old Account
    By interesting you mean fucking retarded.
    That's just your opinion. I find the zones really engaging, even though Suramar frustrates me from time to time, having no flying is a big plus if you ask me. You obviously never played Vanilla WoW.

I honestly don't think it should of been implemented in the first place so if it went away I would not care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I remember when people thought flying should go away and that the game is too easy and requires no time or skill to play.
    Now you're telling me you want it back? Fuck.
    I never said it should go away?

What crack are you smoking.

Ever thought the people who wanted flying gone are not the same as the people who want it back?

Only makes fucking sense right?

If flying is mainly about fun and junk, people should be happy and excited, right?

I find much of it infuriating, rather than interesting or "worth learning".
    I think it is designed around the one-time experience, in that you "see" what they want you to see once, but after that it simply loses a lot of its value and intent.
    The lack of continued content in that only existing as part of the storyline means its value is hugely diminished.

I have experienced the zone content on one faction 3 times.
    It doesn't improve or get more interesting after the first.
    And for me it wasn't often that the first time either.
    Some bits having some entertainment value but overall not a lot.

Flying lets me focus on that relevant, not that which isn't.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-02-05 at 08:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Oh look, it's the extremely dead horse topic again.

Flying is regarded by Blizzard as a mid-to-late expansion QoL luxury.
    If you can't handle the fact that being on the quest objective dot doesn't 100% of the time mean you're at the right location, maybe learn to use your eyes. Maybe even learn how the terrain looks instead of raging over not being able to completely braindead beeline to everything.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2017-02-05 at 08:15 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not an argument in its favour.

If it's easy to get around anyway, that would be an argument for allowing flying. Because then being able to fly does not impact anyway in any negative way, and is only a positive, because the people who like flying would get to fly.
    Yea, looks like a vast majority of the people posting dont share your opinion. I don't either. I'm completely capable ofgetting around just find with a ground mount and goblin gliders, plus the whistle. Will it be nice to have? Sure? Did Blizzard -kill- flying? No. Not at all.

Opinions are opinions.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic