Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    It doesn't matter, is profoundly easy to get around the Broken Isles without it. FPs are fast, you ahve multiple hearths, you have a whistle on a 5 minute CD...

I get if you want to ride your beloved flying mounts in the air, and you'll get to eventually. You have to accept that not being able to fly past difficult content when it's current is going to be the norm. Once nothing can even threaten you, that's when you'll have the ability to glide past it in the air.

That's just the way it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's not necessary.
    neither is mounts or being able to run non stop.. but its in game....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FrantACs View Post
    That's just your opinion. I find the zones really engaging
    Yeah really engaging to fall off somewhere and then to have to walk all the way around some fucking mountain only to finally give up and use the whistle. This terrain is the most fun it has ever been in WoW. I love dying in some place I can't fucking get to as a ghost, or where it takes such a long time, resurrecting at the spirit healer and waiting for the ress sickness to go away is actually the time-saving option.

Game would be better if flying was never introduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

A bunch of people prefer returning at the end of the expansion since everything's in at once. For them, while they still need to catch up on completion, at least they have it. While Argus will negate that, there's still quite a bit to do on Broken Isles at that point.

It doesn't matter, is profoundly easy to get around the Broken Isles without it. FPs are fast, you ahve multiple hearths, you have a whistle on a 5 minute CD...
    Which leaves the question, why exactly was Flying removed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Sth View Post
    That's not an argument in its favour.

If it's easy to get around anyway, that would be an argument for allowing flying. Because then being able to fly does not impact anyway in any negative way, and is only a positive, because the people who like flying would get to fly.
    They'll just keep using the excuse that it trivializes gameplay, which it does in some cases like world PvP and gathering, or looting all rare items/treasures in a zone that would otherwise require platforming and navigation.

I think we're on the same page, in that it's very similar to the ease of movement we have now. I just don't see it NEEDING to come back, it's purely a desire, and this late into the expansion it wouldn't hurt much. But Blizz will be Blizz and stand behind their doctrine.

Wonder if future expansions will feature Pathfinder achieves that can be completed quicker.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

By interesting you mean fucking retarded.
    You should go find yourself a private server where you can spend more time in Silithus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Subs are down and it will be cheaper to develop the game in the future with unfinished environments. Flying will be gone completely at some point, except for old world content.

Oh well. Enjoy the game, I suppose...doesn't sound like I'm missing much...
    Legion is actually great, you are missing out on something.

There are no unfinished environments in Legion content at all. There are several items that do allow you to fly for short periods of time so you can see that.

That's just your opinion. I find the zones really engaging, even though Suramar frustrates me from time to time, having no flying is a big plus if you ask me. You obviously never played Vanilla WoW.
    "Obviously never playing vanilla" is a strawman argument. If anything, it works against you - it was vanilla and the amount of players who asked for better ways to move around than FPs that gave birth to flying. It was simply bad. No immersion or gameplay gained from getting from Orgrimmar to Blackrock while being mostly alttabbed for the duration.

The fact is that Legion zones are made with terrain being tricky in mind. One zones is giant mountains, one giant cliffs, one giant roots, and one should be fine - but oh wait, there was an explosion, everything is shattered now. Also cliffs. Once again, no gameplay is gained from that, only additional layer of frustration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Yea, looks like a vast majority of the people posting dont share your opinion. I don't either.
    Because this place has become a fanboy echochamber and all the people capable of critical-thinking have been driven out by Blizzard fanbois and PC/SJW mods that censor everything they don't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Which leaves the question, why exactly was Flying removed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion Hazzikostas via Polygon interview

When Warlords of Draenor first hit, some fans were surprised to discover that even upon reaching the new level cap of 100, they couldn't fly with their air-based mounts in the new zones. Initially Blizzard expected to patch in flying at some point, but now it has changed its mind.

"Having looked at how flying has played out in the old world in the last couple of expansions, we realized that while we were doing it out of this ingrained habit after we introduced flying in The Burning Crusade, it actually detracted from gameplay in a whole lot of ways," Hazzikostas explains. "While there was certainly convenience in being able to completely explore the world in three dimensions, that also came at the expense of gameplay like targeted exploration, like trying to figure out what's in that cave on top of a hill and how do I get up there."

"IT MADE THE WORLD FEEL IN MANY WAYS MUCH SMALLER"

Hazzikostas gives an example: Before flying was introduced to World of Warcraft, if you got a quest to rescue a prisoner from an enemy encampment, it would play out a certain way. Players would need to fight their way through the camp. After flying, players could just fly into the center of camp, land on top of the hut where the prisoner is, free him and fly out.

"It made the world feel in many ways much smaller," he says.

Originally, Blizzard took out flying in Warlords of Draenor as an experiment, and Hazzikostas says he would have bet "slightly better than even money at the time" that they were going to bring it back eventually. But as they played the expansion and watched others play it, they discovered that they liked the game better without flying.

"The world feels larger, feels more dangerous," he says. "There's more room for exploration, for secrets, for discovery and overall immersion in the world. At this point, we feel that outdoor gameplay in World of Warcraft is ultimately better without flying. We're not going to be reintroducing the ability to fly in Draenor, and that's kind of where we're at going forward."

Hazziokostas confirms that this direction includes future expansions, though he doesn't discount the possibility of adding flight options in to specific expansion ideas or zones that would benefit from it. In general, though, he believes that exploration in Blizzard's massive world "works better and feels better in our view when you're doing it from the ground."

He also promises that Blizzard will continue working to improve its network of taxi flight paths in the game to prevent any major frustration from this change: "The goal is to maximize convenience in getting from point a to point but retaining as much of the gameplay and depth as possible once you do get to that point."
    Source: http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/22/864...mo-pc-blizzard

According to Blizzard, flying doesn't exist because it makes the world feel larger and it allows for certain facets of gameplay to remain engaging and challenging.

You can't really argue with the idea that clearing out a camp to get to an NPC is a different experience than just divebombing on the final NPC from the air and then flying away. They seem to prefer that we experience the former rather than the latter.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-02-05 at 08:17 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    You obviously never played Vanilla WoW.
    Yeah, you have never played Vanilla.

Vanilla never had frustrating terrain like this.

The fact that they've made a big deal out of its implementation says otherwise.

Flying is here to stay, the compromise is that they force us to see their content 1000 time before they let us have it. As someone who wants flying for the sense of freedom and usage of my flying mounts and not to skip content, I'm fine with that.

They really have. By only enabling it when it doesn't matter anymore.

7.2 will enable flying, but it will be done after people have spent months on the Broken Isles doing their quests while not flying. After we unlock it, that will probably be it in terms of content, before they release the Argus patch. At that point we won't need to fly on the Broken Isles, because we'll be on Argus, which will probably be not flyable either.

It's just like with WoD, where we were only able to fly once nobody needed to anymore anyway. Because the expansion was over. When the flying patch came out, I had 2 days of gametime left. And I didn't renew my sub at that point and went on a 1-year break, because the expansion was over anyway.

This will be the standard now. Flying is gone.
    The broken isle zones will still be relevant with the legion invasion themed world quests.

Oh, I've seen all that.
    But, as you've stated, convenience and ease to use tools to travel faster aren't an issue. The player takes the flight path to the quest area, travels minimally since there are so many of those, does the quest and whistles to the nearby flight path and repeat.

Sounds to me it's even faster than flying. And, if flying on our Flying Mounts, diminish the size of the world in our minds, so does flying in Flight Paths. So I'll ask again, why was flying really removed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    The broken isle zones will still be relevant with the legion invasion themed world quests.
    Yeah and you'll get the ability to fly after hitting exalted with the new faction. Guess how long that will take? Do you really think you will still want to do tons of these world quests once you're done with that achievement?

It's like hiding 840 shoulders behind nightfallen exalted rep. By the time you've fulfilled the requirement, you don't need it anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because this place has become a fanboy echochamber and all the people capable of critical-thinking have been driven out by Blizzard fanbois and PC/SJW mods that censor everything they don't like.
    See, that's some pretty dangerous and toxic thinking. By claiming everyone who doesn't share your opinion isn't capable of critical or rational thought, you're saying that everyone in that opinion field is 'fucking stupid', as you stated in another post. Lets talk about me, personally. I quit during Cata for a number of reason, I didn't agree with what Blizzard did and I didn't find it fun, but I enjoy Blizzard games. I see the flaws and problems and address them from -my- point of view, rather than throwing out a broad statement as if I were speaking for everyone.

But I guess that's why you're a Trump supporter, yea? Looking at the speech pattern in your post, I'm surprised you didn't throw a 'cuck' in there.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    there was no reason to fly in wod in day one as there was next to no world content.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    But I guess that's why you're a Trump supporter, yea? Looking at the speech pattern in your post, I'm surprised you didn't throw a 'cuck' in there.
    Plenty of Trump threads out there already. Besides "claiming everyone who doesn't share your opinion isn't capable of critical or rational thought" isn't unique to a unique partisan side. Keep the agenda talk to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    there was no reason to fly in wod in day one as there was next to no world content.
    See, here I can understand why they kept Flying out. Because you are correct, if we don't count the content that was added eventually, the base WoD had very few content to do, after cap, compared to Legion (and pretty much the other expansions).

I just can't find the reasoning for it with Legion.

Deleted
    They really have. By only enabling it when it doesn't matter anymore.

7.2 will enable flying, but it will be done after people have spent months on the Broken Isles doing their quests while not flying. After we unlock it, that will probably be it in terms of content, before they release the Argus patch. At that point we won't need to fly on the Broken Isles, because we'll be on Argus, which will probably be not flyable either.

It's just like with WoD, where we were only able to fly once nobody needed to anymore anyway. Because the expansion was over. When the flying patch came out, I had 2 days of gametime left. And I didn't renew my sub at that point and went on a 1-year break, because the expansion was over anyway.

This will be the standard now. Flying is gone.
    Maybe you could try not playing until flying is available. Or posting.