Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Okay, I couple of things I want to make clear since a handful of people just keep twisting my words like FOX News:

1- I went into to LFR to test if people cared about my performance or not, no more than that, by trying that I just auto-attacked with a Mage, Demon-Hunter and a Shaman does that make me a toxic player? Maybe but there's a thing called kick player and no one bothered to use it, no one cared that my performance was just downright awful, why? Simple, if the run is going smooth if we killing things, no one is gonna cared about a singular player performance, is indeed LFR after all. THAT was the 'experiment' that's all, if that was the only thing that happened I probably would be 'meh nothing new' I was only going to share it if something interesting happened and as it turns out, it did. All of that was done in few hours in my afternoon and evening, the legendary happened to drop at the end of it because as is well established, random is random. Which completely made me shift from the raid finder 'issue' and go for the legendary one.

2- I know my performance does not impact the loot rate! I never said that and I said tons of times that I know random is random no matter what I did and what I was doing. I know my performance does not impacts it, I know raid finder does not impacts it! That isnt the issue. I said countless times the fact that is raid finder as nothing to do with my 'problem' with the legendaries, it simply reinforces it, as for it to happen to drop during the experiment was simply...luck or well, random that happened in that certain point in time.
    I never connected the two! I know it doesn't matter, the title post was simply because technically that is what I was doing but what first started as that simple 'experiment' turned into something that wasn't straightly connected to it. That's it.

3- My overall point is and the reasoning behind comparing with the Balance of Power quest is simple, for actually doing raids(normal and above) and go through this huge chain in the game you get certain cosmetic item, while a powerful BIS item such as Legendary is random in almost every corner of the world. Which is completely twisted.My point (and opinion and remember this is an opinion) is that Legendaries should be a cosmetic thing as oppose to this powerful items, something that made you look cool and that was totally randomized throughout the world. That's it!

This is has nothing to do with me going into LFR doing no damage to see if I got and legendary and be asshole to the whole group, I have no idea where you people get that from, I was testing if by being an awful and lazy player would get me kick and it didn't and I got a Legendary in the process, by pure randomness. That then fueled another discussion, that's it...
    Last edited by Selwen25; 2017-02-05 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Weeeell... LFR does give legendaries yeah
    i dont think you get the point...
    we know lfr gives legendaries
    we know going in even on mythic and doing no damage you have a chance at the legendary

but the op seems to be trying to make some sort of theory or spread "if you do NOTHING in lfr you will get 2 legendaries like i did"

Quote Originally Posted by Selwen25 View Post
    1- I went into to LFR to test if people cared about my performance or not, no more than that, by trying that I just auto-attacked with a Mage, Demon-Hunter and a Shaman does that make me a toxic player? Maybe but there's a thing called kick player and no one bothered to use it, no one cared that my performance was just downright awful, why? Simple, if the run is going smooth if we killing things, no one is gonna cared about a singular player performance, is indeed LFR after all.
    Yes, it does make you a toxic player. Just because no one bothered to kick you because your lack of actions was not a hindrance does not mean you were not toxic to the group.

I never connected the two! I know it doesn't matter, the title post was simply because technically that is what I was doing but what first started as that simple 'experiment' turned into something that wasn't straightly connected to it. That's it.
    Then why the title? Why this thread even?

My point (and opinion and remember this is an opinion) is that Legendaries should be a cosmetic thing as oppose to this powerful items, something that made you look cool and that was totally randomized throughout the world. That's it!
    And that is a different subject. What legendary should be. Rather than how it can be acquired. What has that got this thread?

This is has nothing to do with me going into LFR doing no damage to see if I got and legendary and be asshole to the whole group, I have no idea where you people get that from, I was testing if by being an awful and lazy player would get me kick and it didn't and I got a Legendary in the process, by pure randomness. That then fueled another discussion, that's it...
    Because you made a post at how doing LFR with no contribution to the overall group and you managed to acquire a legendary.

There is nothing wrong with the way legendaries are distributed. There is something wrong with intentionally not contributing to pve content, no matter how easy.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Honestly the problem isn't the RNG of them dropping...it's the fact that there's ones that are the best and ones that are shit.

They need to fix the issue of them and I see it as being one of two ways. They can either make them drop like candy(maybe not at the rate of Diablo 3, but maybe one a week with minimal play and up to three a week with extreme play). The reason(s) I believe this is one of the ways it should be handled is simple. They brought random legendaries into the game cause they like the idea from Diablo...The reason it doesn't work is because it takes so much time in between drops that it forces you to stay in a build. In diablo legendaries can dictate the build you use(as well as sets, okay mostly sets but legendaries can alter it slightly). So I am ultimately forced to stay enhance for my raid as I've gotten three legendaries so far for only enhance. Also, the given of good/bad legendaries...They need to make all legendaries great....The fact that you can get a utility legendary while your friend gets the best dps legendary for the same spec is huge. Assuming same skill/gear the person with the good legendary will win always. It's pretty bogus to have throughput legendaries the way they are currently...they should all be throughput or they should all be utility. Blizzard acknowledged the problem at least by saying if they do this again they would have just done utility ones. However that to me isn't good enough because they had enough feedback about certain legendaries during beta to avoid this problem.

The other thing they could do is make legendaries targetable. So you get the specific ones you want first, and then you can then go for offspec etc. While I personally love that idea, I'm not a fan because it's not going to change the drop rate unless they make it a grind where x points = go buy legendary. Think valor...you have to get 2500 valor to buy a legendary. Then I would be a little more okay with it, but if it was a legendary token drop I wouldn't be a fan in the slightest.

Ultimately...me personally and i know not everyone would agree, but I would opt to significantly increase the drop rates of them. Even if you got 1 a week, think of your class...most classes have 18-20 legendaries if not more. Hell enhancement alone has six spec specific(okay two are tied to elemental too) legendaries...that would take six weeks to get them all. Now for all legendaries for enhancement is ten total. That's two and a half months to get them all. Then I could focus on elemental or restoration(whichever I played more)....in total shamans have 20 legendaries right now. That's basically 5 months of playing to obtain them all and that's not including any future new ones. So not only could it give build diversity by fight(which would make scribes more money, and no im not a scribe but it's a useless profession right now), but it would actually encourage it. It would also allow people to play other specs at will once everything is obtained. I personally can't believe this shit system they allowed to be put in the game. It clearly doesn't work...so it's about time they do something sooner than later to fix it....and personally 7.2 is really too far away for them to "fix" the legendary system. I think Legion is a phenomenal expansion so far, but the legendary game is truly ruining it for me personally.

I don't get it what's the point of this?! Why would you think you wouldn't get loot if you do no damage?!
    Back in the day it was indeed better to not be on the dps meter at all than to do low dps in pugs (or anything where you could be kicked) cause there's too many idiots who only care about meters in wow.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought a Mythic EN carry for my paladin alt, contributed very little, got gear off every boss, AND the BiS legendary. Was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    So, basically this is a youtuber doing a self promotion and phrasing his post to get it bumped. Sigh. I know, I did.
    yeah, and I'm surprised the mods haven't locked this thread yet. Its just a self promo post with a click bait title and a vid of toxic in-game behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I bought a Mythic EN carry for my paladin alt, contributed very little, got gear off every boss, AND the BiS legendary. Was fun.
    OMFG THATS INSANE!!! GUYS BLIZZ IS GIVING OUT FREE GEAR TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOTHING IN MYTHIC!!!! THIS IS GAME CHANGING

/s

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Ugh I need to buy a run for Cenarius/Xavius because my BIS relics are from there. So I want to work with a guild that lets me just get in for those two bosses only repetitively until I get both relics. Hate the fact that Nighthold has ZERO wind strikes relics.

I can't believe you had to do this experiment to see how awful an idea RNG legiondaries are.

It's obvious to 95% of the player and was obvious to a significant portion of them before Legion even launched. My brother in law, who hasn't played the game in years, was shocked to hear about this "feature" when I described it to him and correctly predicted pretty much all of the current issues the system has caused.

Somehow i pulled aggro on the big mob during a illyginoth LFG kill and even with being dead 75% of the fight i got a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    It's a known fact that the shittiest and useless players get the better loot.
    It's true, casuals have higher ilvl's than world first raiders.

Mate, this was done in 4/6 hours. I play WoW for 10 years and love the game, and still play the game for hours daily.

Calling me a toxic player is beyond me.
    because it is a toxic behaviour (doing nothing in lfr on purpose) it has nothing to do with your gametime

Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    because it is a toxic behaviour (doing nothing in lfr on purpose) it has nothing to do with your gametime
    Personally, so long as the bosses are dying and he isn't being visibly offensive in chat, I don't think behavior in itself would appear toxic.

Sure, if everyone in the LFR did that, then it becomes an issue. (Oh... Archimonde LFR, and those endless wipes because DPS refused to kill the deathcallers)

But even at 0 dps, idgaf.

I hate when you're doing a random normal/heroic/timewalker dungeon, and bosses are dying without any issue... and someone starts playing the dps epeen card saying we need to boot such and such cuz of low dps/whatnot. THAT player is being toxic, by changing an otherwise "fun" environment into a hostile one.

But yeah, so you got some randoms to carry you for gear... big deal ? You can do the same thing in actual raids if you're willing to make friends or pay $$.

I once led an ICC raid in wrath while it was STILL CURRENT... by a character that wasn't even high enough level to enter the raid.

WE STILL CLEARED THE FIRST WING. With a group pugged completely out of trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Personally, so long as the bosses are dying and he isn't being visibly offensive in chat, I don't think behavior in itself would appear toxic.

Sure, if everyone in the LFR did that, then it becomes an issue. (Oh... Archimonde LFR, and those endless wipes because DPS refused to kill the deathcallers)

But even at 0 dps, idgaf.

I hate when you're doing a random normal/heroic/timewalker dungeon, and bosses are dying without any issue... and someone starts playing the dps epeen card saying we need to boot such and such cuz of low dps/whatnot. THAT player is being toxic, by changing an otherwise "fun" environment into a hostile one.

But yeah, so you got some randoms to carry you for gear... big deal ? You can do the same thing in actual raids if you're willing to make friends or pay $$.

I once led an ICC raid in wrath while it was STILL CURRENT... by a character that wasn't even high enough level to enter the raid.

WE STILL CLEARED THE FIRST WING. With a group pugged completely out of trade.
    dont compare the pre lfd times to lfd time because they are completly different (in lfd you just reque to a new group if something goes south, you couldnt do it back then, thats why there are dps bullying etc)

if you think its not toxic then please answer me, who can go afk and who cant in lfr for example?

What part of "random" in "random" is unclear to you?
    Such a petty, narrow-minded, special-snowflake-infested useless thread to begin with.

I really don't see why they allow LFR to drop legendaries, its bad enough that it drops epic gear for not doing shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yes that's a huge group and the majority now for sure.

That's also why most games are dumbed down these days. Fortunately there still are some indie developers who have understood that there's still a market for those who like games that need skill and hard work.
    You do realize that at the high end of raiding and pvp its actually one of the harder games out there. It took over almost a month for the best players in the world to kill the last boss in nighthold on mythic. And the VAST majority of players havent managed even kill him on heroic yet. Hell there are a massive portion of the wow subscriber base that wont kill mythic Xavius until the next xpac comes out.

toxic players make the experience directly worse.

if the game isn't noticably worse, then its not noticably toxic.

when people start cussing ppl out and demanding everyone stop pulling trash in order to kick someone *for whatever reason*, that makes the experience visibly worse, and therefor, toxic.

i've led a few pugs for Normal & Heroic raids (heck, if you include previous expacs, I've led a *lot* of pugs).

The moment pugs start trying to "lead" from the backseat, is when you need to kick them. Most goodperformers are just looking for a relaxed/quick clear, and bad performers don't gain anything from being told how bad they are.

If you don't enjoy LFR, don't do it. If you're gonna be a meter-nazi and it's going to interfere with your enjoyment of LFR... disable it before you queue.

The less you worry about what others are doing in LFR, the more fun it is. The more you vent your issues in public chats, the more toxic you make it.