7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Witcher 3: 10/10

Such a beautiful game and as everyone that have played know how amazing it is. There isnt really any boring side missions. All of those I played had great story and characters or enemies.

The only bad thing I can say is that Geralt sounds so monotone it gets annoying. I know he is a witcher and thats why BUT why do then Vesemir and the other 2 witchers actually show tons of emotions through their voice acting? So I dont buy that.

Anyway, I find it amazing how well done the environment is with the music, so good. I played on Death March and it was kinda difficult at the start but when you got a bit in it was like you played on easy.

And without spoiling, the scene just before the credits. I didnt see that one coming, loved it.

Edit: I have the 2 DLCs but I dont know if I wanna play those. After I finished the main story it feels like meh. Dunno if the story is good for those. And I dont even know how I was able to avoid spoilers for Witcher 3 when everyone have played it.

Started by playing all the side missions in the game but man that started to take up way too much time. Didnt wanna play for 200h. After about ½ way I only went for the main mission and some major NPC side missions, made it so much better for me.
    I would recommend at least playing Hearts of stone

Fantastic short dlc with a story that is just as good and interesting

Shadow of Mordor 6/10.

Was my second attempt on the game. A year back, I stopped after I played around with the nemesis system for some time. should probably have left it at that. The nemesis system is by far the best thing in the game. A shame they didn't do more with it. If I had known how boring the main story quests are I would have continued with my year old save. I thought I start again so I dont get lost in the story. There was nothing to get lost. Getting the possibility to brand captains is by far the peak of the game. The main quests especially at the end are just terrible. And all those collectibles to pad out the game did nothing from a story point than provide XP. The ending quest I am sure was done in 1 day before the deadline. Its so cheap it's hilarious. It was almost funny.

The combat and nemesis system make up for much of the games shortcomings. But once the novelty fades, its pretty average.

Deleted
    Titanfall 2, 9/10

It's simply put the best FPS there is, the campaign was awesome, it's stunningly beautiful, works fluid af and the wallrunning/movement is amazing.

Not only that, the game had some really interesting features and "puzzles" that utilized that movement. It felt really, really great when you would more or less "ignore" the enemies and only kill the ones in your way. You truely had the feeling of being outmatched by numbers and it didn't end up in a generic shooter because you had this playground around you.

People should really buy this if they want to have an interesting shooter, I'd say the only bad part was relatively close towards the end, right before you fight the last Mercenary. (the game would put you up against 10-20 titans, 5 at a time... pretty much alone, with some air support though)

Too bad it's release was at a very, very bad time, it's the superior game compared to BF1 and the new CoD.... by a large margin. But after the mess of the first one, I can kinda understand why people didn't even try it.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-29 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brace yourselves, RE7 reviews are coming.

Mass Effect 2. 9/10. Wish the RPG elements weren't as stripped down though but gameplay is very good and the characters are great. Story isn't bad either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Brace yourselves, RE7 reviews are coming.
    Resident Evil 7

8/10

Excellent game, regardless of its mediocre graphics.

The Witcher 3

People seemed to be in love with the title and since it was only €3, I thought I'd give it a shot.

4/10

Beautiful to look at, but I was bored out of my mind within 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Resident Evil 7

8/10

Excellent game, regardless of its mediocre graphics.

The Witcher 3

People seemed to be in love with the title and since it was only €3, I thought I'd give it a shot.

4/10

Beautiful to look at, but I was bored out of my mind within 3 hours.
    Where'd you get the Witcher 3 for 3 Euros?

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy XV (last finished)

6.5 - Wonderful first half of the game, terrible 2nd half. Lackluster cliche ending. One you loose free roam, the game isn't even a FF title to me.

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (currently playing)

As of right now a solid 7. I'd give it a 8.5 or 9 if not for the motion controls. They were fun once, and that once was Twilight Princess on Wii. I loathe them now. The other big detraction is Skyward Sword wasn't designed for HD, which can't be helped now but was a terrible oversight. The Wii did support 720p and Skyward should have been rendered in it. Story is somewhat different and interesting too even though it feels similar right now. Much more puzzely than previous 3D Zeldas.

Ok usual updates from me with one good and one bad game.

The Crow: City of Angels (Sega Saturn) 2/10

Decided to dig into my Saturn Library and found this steaming mess inside. Basically the controls are stiff, the camera angles are really crappy, the combat is so badly designed half the time you end up dead because the controls are garbage and when enemies surround you it gets even worse especially if they are armed and the weapons only help you so much. Also the music is even worse than The Terminator on NES and that was just a 5 second loop. I mean listen to this crap. Just like Terminator on NES there is barely any depth to it. Seriously the soundtrack below makes me want to go up to a chalkboard and scratch on it to get this noise out of my head.

Now for a good game. And I think it's time for one I've kind of wanted to do for a while

Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Sega Mega CD) 9/10

We all know Sonic is your basic Platformer game. Grab the rings, get the Chaos Emeralds and go for the goal/bosses. However this one while following the same format as Sonic 1 and 2 I dunno I just think it's the best Sonic game imo. The music is amazing because CD-ROM tech allowed for vocal music and better quality music, The 3D Special Stages are really well done and showcase the early CD-ROM tech for games brilliantly and Zone design is just as good as Sonic 1 and 2 was and the race with Metal Sonic was one of the cooler boss fights for me as a kid. Stardust Speedway remains one of my most favorite Sonic zones to this day.

However it does have some issues such as the bosses are way too easy for even a Sonic game and travelling to the past or future can be a bit annoying. But overall imo this is the best Sonic game out of them all and deserves a 9/10. Just an example of this games fantastic music.

Literally sounds wacky just like the zone Wacky Workbench is throwing you all over the place.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-02 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WWE 2k17. 2/10, fuck that game, couldn't get up off the floor without reversing, I've never enjoyed a wrestling game since No Mercy and this is more of the same shite from 2k.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: 7.5/10.

I'm 30 hours into the game and surely nowhere near the end between doing side ops and advancing into the main missions. At first i would give this game a 7 but it's a bit harsh, so i added a 0.5. Why not a 8 or more? Because 8 is for MGS3, the best game in my opinion in the series. But why?! Because for me MGSV is a good game but i'm not invested in the story as i was with previous entries, all main missions feel pointless until a random advancement in the storyline with a cutscene.
    I just think everything advances too slowly because the focus is a sandbox stealth game and good damn product at that, but i just miss the epic cutscenes i was used to in a Metal Gear Solid...

I don't know, probably in the future i will be surprised, but i'm not holding my breath, i heard many opinions on the fact that the story is quite meh in MGSV while i liked the "anime bullshit" that was going on on the past.

Oh, well, i still think the money is totally worth even if i play it casually a mission or two a day.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: 7.5/10.

I'm 30 hours into the game and surely nowhere near the end between doing side ops and advancing into the main missions. At first i would give this game a 7 but it's a bit harsh, so i added a 0.5. Why not a 8 or more? Because 8 is for MGS3, the best game in my opinion in the series. But why?! Because for me MGSV is a good game but i'm not invested in the story as i was with previous entries, all main missions feel pointless until a random advancement in the storyline with a cutscene.
    I just think everything advances too slowly because the focus is a sandbox stealth game and good damn product at that, but i just miss the epic cutscenes i was used to in a Metal Gear Solid...

I don't know, probably in the future i will be surprised, but i'm not holding my breath, i heard many opinions on the fact that the story is quite meh in MGSV while i liked the "anime bullshit" that was going on on the past.

Oh, well, i still think the money is totally worth even if i play it casually a mission or two a day.
    Best way I've always described this one is, it's a good game, but a really poor MGS game. People enjoy things in the game that aren't really related to MGS; they enjoy the game mechanics and mostly generic open world aspect of it.

MGS did not need an open world, it needed to focus on its core roots, especially for what is likely the last one we'll ever see.

For me, Resi Evil 7 : 8/10

This one felt like a much better iteration than FF15 or MGSV for long running franchises returning to PS4/XB1, it is re-done but yet still has a decent amount of faithfulness to it. I'm not 100% sold on every game being the first person mode, or less 'governmenty' like this one was for 99% of the runthrough. Fun either way though.
    Last edited by fangless; 2017-02-03 at 05:54 PM.

Witcher 3. Heading to skellige now. 10/10. Only game to come anywhere close to skyrim as game of the decade for me but still falling slightly short just because it doesn't quite give that feeling of exploration and wonder skyrim did and still does 6 years later.

Gears of war 4: 8.510. Strong campaign and fun split screen don't make up for clunky as shit and archaic gameplay. But playing a game split screen with my brother after more than decade more than made up for any flaws.

Doom 2016: 7/10. I can understand why people love. I don't. It tried really hard to bring back the fast paced shooter and I guess succeeded; I just prefer slow and methodical.

Overwatch: 5/10. Of course a damn solidly built game but one that has the depth of a puddle. Seriously, it's just another game where people can act like tough shit and words like meta get thrown around so people can feel cool. It's essentially the new cod. It has a lot of characters that can do a lot of things none of which really matter because you're doing the exact same thing after 10 hours.

Destiny rise of iron: 9/10. Same game with shit connections, shit lore, best fps gameplay on the market. I just happen to enjoy the hell out of it still. Another game I enjoy playing the hell out of with my brother.

Legion: 4/10. No amount of amazing content or amazing lore can make up for just how bad classes play. They brought everything down to the level of arms warrior in WoD. Yes, I'm saying that this expansion is worse than WoD.

The above are all my own opinion.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2017-02-04 at 01:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Witcher 3. Heading to skellige now. 10/10. Only game to come anywhere close to skyrim as game of the decade for me but still falling slightly short just because it doesn't quite give that feeling of exploration and wonder skyrim did and still does 6 years later.
    I would be interested what you think about the game after you are done with skellige when the game gets on rails until the end.

Deleted
    Rainbow 6: Siege (free weekend)

2/10

If you want a game where you spend more time in the option menu than in the actual game, look no further. Seriously, this must have been one of the most boring shooters I have EVER played.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Rainbow 6: Siege (free weekend)

2/10

If you want a game where you spend more time in the option menu than in the actual game, look no further. Seriously, this must have been one of the most boring shooters I have EVER played.
    I nearly downloaded that, glad I didn't.

Being a new player to FFXIV (played around 5 months now) I'd rate it a 9/10 MMO.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Path of Exile: 9/10

Playing PoE again, the lord and master of the arpg dungeon crawler genre. Started a char in the Breach League (late, i know). Every time i come back to this game i am astounded by the additional layers of depth that they have added. Even the skill tree has equippable items now. D3 feels childishly simplistic in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waframe 9/10, really digging this, its just fun to pick up and play without feeling like you got to sit down for 2 hours (although I find myself doing that).

Weekly update from me with a good and bad game.

Croc: Legend of the Gobbos (Saturn) 8/10

While not as well known as Crash or Spyro were back then Croc is arguably in my top 5 of Platform games. Has simple but great level design, bonus design is decent, music is well done for the levels and represent the themes quite well in my opinion and the secret stages are some of the most fun I have ever had working towards. However couple of minor points would be the camera angle feels a bit stiff when rotating and the control scheme for turning Croc does feel a bit stiff as well. However a great platforming game nonetheless. Shame there was no more after Croc 2.

Overall an amazing platforming game but sadly the spotlight was shining more on Crash at the time and Spyro was on it's way.

And now the bad game.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5. (PS4) 2/10

As a fan of this series from the early days such as THPS2 and Underground I was super hyped to hear there was going to be another Pro Skater game. Then all that hype faded when I got to play it and find out what an absolute buggy mess it was. Music glitched out from time to time, landing tricks perfectly didn't seem to count and instead threw me off, the level design was bland and boring to look at and the objectives were simplistic and poorly designed. Sadly the patch released doesn't save the game.

Overall this game along with Tony Hawk: Ride and Tony Hawk: Shred has further put a dent in the Tony Hawk video game franchise that sadly I doubt it can recover from. Was hoping for big things especially with how well the HD remake did.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-10 at 04:49 AM.