Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Yeah, not voting is a thing. "Cancelling" a vote isn't.

An "act against democracy"? Sounds like idealist drivel to me. The right to vote inherently includes the right to not vote. Just as the freedom of religion inherently includes the right to not be religious. The notion that someone who doesn't vote (or someone who votes for the other candidate) "cancels out" your vote is infantile, at best. The value of a individual vote is not based on who the vote is for or even whether or not it's cast, it's that the individual gets to makes that choice. Criticizing those who vote differently or who don't vote is more an "act against democracy" than anything else.
    You don't know what cancelling a vote is, do you?
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

4 years to the next vote won't come fast enough to keep Seal Team 6 alive.

Even the midterms aren't close enough to stop Trump from substantially harming the nation and its citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by superblink View Post
    november 9 2020 its going to be funny more funny than 2016 hahaaha they will cry more than
    Yep, it will be funny.

Funny watching all the conservatives hold their nose as they vote for President Pence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    You don't know what cancelling a vote is, do you?
    Unless you have some imaginary/self-defined version of it, I'm assuming it falls under the same idealistic principle that a "bad" vote nullifies a "good" vote. And it's fallacious, at best. The right to vote is simply the privilege of individual choice. Someone else exercising their right has no effect whatsoever on your choice or right, regardless of it being a vote for the other candidate or no vote at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you have some imaginary/self-defined version of it, I'm assuming it falls under the same idealistic principle that a "bad" vote nullifies a "good" vote. And it's fallacious, at best. The right to vote is simply the privilege of individual choice. Someone else exercising their right has no effect whatsoever on your choice or right, regardless of it being a vote for the other candidate or no vote at all.
    I used to think the same way you do, but then reality caught up with me.

Let me help you:

Cancelling a vote is the action of going to a vote station and crossing each candidate. You, in fact, do vote, but your vote will have no impact whatsoever on the outcome. This is you using your first amendment to say "I'm exercising my right as a citizen to say your candidates sucks".

Not voting, on the other hand, is to give up on the first amendment. It's saying that you don't actually care who gets elected. Not just that -- it's also making a clear statement that you don't care who gets elected in house or even your state policies. That's absurd, on top of being careless.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    "3. Give up the marches and demonstrations"

Aaaaaaaaand done reading. More BS from the right trying to silence people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    *Walks into left bashing thread, chuckles to himself, walks out*

OP has literally no idea how progress works in this world.

The least you could do is refrain from immediately referring to everyone that fervently dislikes our acting president as "Idiots".

You're just as bad as people calling Trump "Hitler" or the right "Nazis"... Even if comparisons can be drawn.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

15+ Year Old Account
    This has some good points, some bad points, and some straight up wrong, but here's one that really made me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Donald Trump was a viable celebrity candidate because his policies are of a piece with his circumstances. He’s a rich guy who wants others to get rich.

By contrast, millionaire leftist actors pretending to have something in common with people who really do work for a living tend to only look foolish and fraudulent.
    This makes it sound like, to the average idiot, that Donald Trump wants "people", like the average American Joe to get rich. Sorry bumpkins, Trump wants to get Trump and Trump's friends rich. All of you Podunk bootstrappers and New York conservatives with paltry portfolios of $100k are set to see your taxes go up and are otherwise being forgotten. Trump is lowering taxes on the rich (not you, you're not rich, you just think you are, or think you will be, which is also LOLOL) and more jobs are are going overseas than ever before.

But look on the bright side...

Uh...

Um...

Well...

Uhhhhhh...

Hmmmm...

This is hard...

OH! YEAH! At least that bitch Hillary isn't president!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    we did vote and we voted Trump just like we will do for his next 4 years.Stop crying because you lost libtard.Don;t you have college campus's to burn?

Infracted: Please do not insult other users
    "We" voted for Hillary. The EC voted Trump.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I used to think the same way you do, but then reality caught up with me.

Let me help you:

Cancelling a vote is the action of going to a vote station and crossing each candidate. You, in fact, do vote, but your vote will have no impact whatsoever on the outcome. This is you using your first amendment to say "I'm exercising my right as a citizen to say your candidates sucks".

Not voting, on the other hand, is to give up on the first amendment. It's saying that you don't actually care who gets elected. Not just that -- it's also making a clear statement that you don't care who gets elected in house or even your state policies. That's absurd, on top of being careless.
    What about the people that are not in swings states? Where it doesn't matter which president elect they vote, their electors will go either Repub/Demo depending on the majority. States like my home state, Oregon, where it didn't matter if I voted or not, it was going to go to Hilary anyway. And it did. My vote did not matter.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    What about the people that are not in swings states? Where it doesn't matter which president elect they vote, their electors will go either Repub/Demo depending on the majority. States like my home state, Oregon, where it didn't matter if I voted or not, it was going to go to Hilary anyway. And it did. My vote did not matter.
    Your ballot is not just limited to a presidential candidate. It's also tightly knit with house representatives and state/county policies. Voting is more than just trying to elect someone, it's using your first amendment.

It's not an "all or nothing" vote. Some states had several law projects on their ballots, not limited to Marijuana legalization but I use this one because it was widely publicized.

Plus, if you give up in your state, you're only making sure that it never changes. With time, political associations changes and so does the public. It'd be sad if your political party lost in a tight race because you thought your vote was meaningless.
    Google Diversity Memo

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    This is why the electoral college system needs to change, it actively encourages voter apathy because people feel as though their votes do not matter.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you're talking about the individual "cancelling" their own vote. I was talking about the notion that one vote can "cancel out" another vote, which again, is nonsense. Two distinctly different things. Your example, however, seems inane to me. It's easier to just not vote which has exactly the same outcome. /shrug

Sheesh. First of all, not voting is not "giving up" nor is it saying you "don't care". Additionally, why do you or others think they get to determine what a person not voting actually means. Is there some "official" group that decides these things or are you just pissing your opinion into the proverbial wind? Secondly, voting is a right and privilege. You know what it's not? An obligation. Like I mentioned before, the right to vote includes the inherent right to not vote and the opinions of others in regards to an individual's voting practices is utterly irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    the left is going to start killing innocent people before they do that =/

Blaming the deaths of people on a whole wing of politics?
    lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Blaming the deaths of people on a whole wing of politics?
    lol
    I'm a murderer because of my political identity! Whoppee! And I didn't even have to do anything!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    they are left-wing groups calling people they disagree with nazi's they believe that means violence is acceptable.............

there are many groups on the left she took part in a criminal attack on free speech and is allowed to keep teaching.... she was not charged

this is her protesting at milo's event a gay jewish man who likes black cock
    That terrible and all. But how does that mean one side of the spectrum is responsible for what some crazies do in the US?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're talking about the individual "cancelling" their own vote. I was talking about the notion that one vote can "cancel out" another vote, which again, is nonsense. Two distinctly different things. Your example, however, seems inane to me. It's easier to just not vote which has exactly the same outcome. /shrug

Sheesh. First of all, not voting is not "giving up" nor is it saying you "don't care". Additionally, why do you or others think they get to determine what a person not voting actually means. Is there some "official" group that decides these things or are you just pissing your opinion into the proverbial wind? Secondly, voting is a right and privilege. You know what it's not? An obligation. Like I mentioned before, the right to vote includes the inherent right to not vote and the opinions of others in regards to an individual's voting practices is utterly irrelevant.
    You know who didn't have the right to vote, too? Women. Afro-Americans.

The right to vote is something that has been won over several decades and took many fights to achieve. To refuse to vote is to throw this away. It's not about pushing an opinion -- it's factual. Voting is a privilege and wasting it away is throwing the very same right by the door.

And on top of it, to refuse to vote also mean that you remove your ethical right to complain. If you can't be bothered to make your voice heard by the government through the single most important thing in a democracy, you certainly don't deserve a platform to complain about it.
    Google Diversity Memo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    I could understand effort to beat Trump starting in 2019 for the 2020 election. Being in a frenzy about it in 2017 comes off as liberal hysteria as opposed to professional political effort.
    That's because that's what this whole mess is...
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    Every single damn time people conflate some people on the left acting nutzo and ppl just go "The left."

I swear some of you are insane >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    NOPE! They will double and even triple down on the name calling and pushing anyone but the hardcore left and special snowflake groups further from them. Because remember if you're not totally in lock step with each and everything the left wants you are a xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, racist, anti-muslim, whateverthenewbuzzwordisphobic and must be destroyed!

What's funny is the left screams FASCIST!! in one breath and then in the next wants to put everyone who disagrees with them up against a wall and shoot them.
    Amusing, considering I was actually called a 'libtard' today, while people seemed to be upset about protesters not liking things that they like. Sounds like special snowflake/safe space attitude to me, friend.

Also, I consider myself fairly left, and I would never condone 'putting them up against a wall and shooting them'. Truth, education, science, planning, and empathy are what are needed to make America great, not making enemies out of our allies, shutting our borders, deregulating big businesses so they can fuck everyone over, destroying the environment, putting a moron in head of education, and handing over our foreign relations to the head of a major oil conglomerate.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2017-02-05 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Not voting doesn't mean you lose your right to complain. If you don't care for any of the options, you can still complain about the winner. Do you think you magically gain that right back by waiting in line just to cross out all the choices?
    You do when you put efforts into making yourself heard. Going in the streets and breaking windows is not a democratic process. Going to the ballot and voting is.

Ethically, you can say "why should I bother". Why should anyone bother, then? Why should anyone in a red state bother voting blue? Why should anyone in a blue state bother voting red?

I mean, what's the point, right? May as well just stop voting altogether. Just let the winners' vote ad vitam eternam. Keep the red, red, keep the blue, blue. Keep marijuana illegal and let's allow states to further push their polarized agendas.
    Google Diversity Memo