Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Legion is actually great, you are missing out on something.

There are no unfinished environments in Legion content at all. There are several items that do allow you to fly for short periods of time so you can see that.
    I have so much free time now! If I was 20 or retired then maybe. Have career commitments and projects I am babying.

It's just Blizzard design choice to not create more zones like Storm Peaks or Blades Edge where flying is a core mechanic. I don't think flying has ever been a problem so much as how Blizzard has handled it by arbitrarily removing it again and again.

We should be allowed to fly, but it'd be a hell lot more immersive if some places were just too dangerous & we'd be shot down by enemy patrols or a dragon. Have a quest to remove the dragon from patrolling the skies. For example in WOTLK's Icecrown zone, I thought this would have been the way to go. That was the heart of Scourge territory, we shouldn't have been flying above it so freely.

Oh and IMO the real problem is not flying itself - but flying speed. Everyone has 280/310 nowadays, which is super fast, whereas before it was a luxury. 100/150 never ruined content in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    You'll all be able to fly before 2018 anyway. Unless there's no flying in Argus, then it's time to riot again I suppose.

They saw positive trends to disallowing flying for a brief period; Exploration and literal pathfinding, extending content longevity and ensuring content engagement (clear a camp for an NPC instead of flying directly to NPC), and once most people had experienced the content in the way they wanted them to, there was Pathfinder. Boom, now you can get around easily like you used to, demolish quests like you used to, ride your favourite mounts like you used to.
    Or instead they could simply make the objective to clear the camp instead of simply killing one creature in the middle, out in the open, in a completely exposed position.

Also, what quests will be left to use flying on once you get flying? Oh...that's right: none. Because in order to get flight you have to complete pathfinder, and pathfinder requires you to clear 99% of quests, AND explore every place in the open world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Blizzard never seemed to have any problem designing content with vertical spaces in mind back as far back as WotLK. Quest flow worked vertically and it was fine. Look at Storm Peaks or Icecrown. Look at Deepholm. It was never a problem until the B-team took over when the skilled developers moved over to Titan/Overwatch. Then all of a sudden it was an impediment to design.
    It's an extremely valid point. Warcraft and Starcraft both have use of different levels of interaction(low terrain, high terrain, flying units). Overwatch has incredibly good use of different modes of movement and verticality. Then we have Wow....which apparently is allergic to anything other than 2 dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Sth View Post
    Because this place has become a fanboy echochamber and all the people capable of critical-thinking have been driven out by Blizzard fanbois and PC/SJW mods that censor everything they don't like.
    What? This is the most cancerous WoW site on the web lol. Everyone's bitching about something. (Yes, that includes you too)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlyse View Post
    Oh and IMO the real problem is not flying itself - but flying speed. Everyone has 280/310 nowadays, which is super fast, whereas before it was a luxury. 100/150 never ruined content in TBC.
    Wrong. BC flying was 60% and 280%.
    Last edited by Sentynel; 2017-02-06 at 01:25 AM.

i always thought (from TBC to WoD) i am one of the ppl that love no-flying. bc i remembered the good ol vanilla days when the world was dangerous, you have to ride carefully, and so on.

in WoD i learned: i do NOT love no-flying. i hate it.

why? what has changed?

simple: the world these days is NOT dangerous. there is NO adventure. NO elite mobs dismounting you in 2s nor killing you in 3s. there are just thousands of meaningless mobs around, an brainless ape could kill. so the only thing that happens when you be dismounted is stupid grinding down the mobs and remount.

and this is just fukin anoying. plain and simple.

this has nothing to do with ground mounts in vanilla. not. in. the. slightest.

its just horrible annoying. at least for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy with the current state of the game. The world feels active. I am a wrath baby, and frankly I didn't play at the beginning of WoD. I have never seen the world active like it is now. I am able to navigate the world very efficiently even without flying. Its really not that big of a deal.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    I honestly don't think it should of been implemented in the first place so if it went away I would not care.
    Flying should have been a Burning Crusade thing since the entire xpac was designed with it in mind, unfortunately WoTLK, Cataclysm and MoP came out also with flying also in mind..

I find getting around easy and if I need to get down from a high area fast I use a Goblin Glider.. I used to be in the pro flying camp many moons ago but now I don't care about whether I get flying or not now..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-02-06 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it may help me lvl other toons.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuvuk View Post
    Actually, it may help me lvl other toons.
    That's the only reason I went from Draenor flying, even while I came back to the game 2 weeks past legion I still farmed it out since I had no lvl 100s at all, it makes 90-98 so fast I hardly even see heirlooms worth it until they also upgrade those to work from 1-110.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    So we got reduced to "instances of warcraft" for a long long time... and now blzz does not even know how to make thrilling outdoor stuff.
    So they can't design thrilling outdoor content without flying, but it is flying that caused them to not design thrilling outdoor content. It is more the tastes of players changing and the idea, flawed or not, of what qualifies as content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I like it how it is. Unpopular opinion I know. I'm glad we have to take time to do things and not do everything in 10 minutes and bitch about how there's nothing to do QQQQQ.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    simple: the world these days is NOT dangerous. there is NO adventure. NO elite mobs dismounting you in 2s nor killing you in 3s. there are just thousands of meaningless mobs around, an brainless ape could kill. so the only thing that happens when you be dismounted is stupid grinding down the mobs and remount.
    Well if you do that in Suramar then you will likely die. There is a reason why people avoid the elite areas of the city. I don't find it much of a challenge but it is annoying with all the illusion breakers and patrols.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    I like it how it is. Unpopular opinion I know. I'm glad we have to take time to do things and not do everything in 10 minutes and bitch about how there's nothing to do QQQQQ.
    It's not unpopular. It's actually perfectly fine to want to take longer to do things. The only problem is if people tell someone else they can't go faster if they want to. That's where the arguments and the complaints stem from.

I'm ok with flying being gated behind lvl'ing, but once at max lvl all it does is slow down us doing our daily routines of daily quests/WQ, farming, gathering, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Flying is why World PVP died! Boo, down with flying, get rid of it so the minority of people playing on PVP servers can go back to ganking everyone and being total assholes! [Time Passes With No Flying, World PVP is Still Dead] Dammit, time to come up with a new reason why flying is bad. I mean, yeah, it's obvious that it was instanced PVP that killed world PVP, especially since most people hate world PVP and only did it out of boredom due to there literally be nothing else to do at endgame except raiding back in vanilla, but whatevs, flying bad!" --Forum Trolls

"Wait, I know! Boo, flying makes it so that people don't see all the super-hard work the devs put into designing everything! Booo! Get rid of flying so everyone is forced to fight every mob, stop and look at every blade of grass, and really REALLY appreciate all the hard work Blizzard put into the game! Yeah, that's it! Oh, wait, people are still just running past shit because, at worst, they just get dazed and keep on running anyway. Dammit." --Forum Trolls a couple years later

Then comes the new bullshit excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    "Yeah guys, you see, without flying you're forced to do everything and it takes so long to get stuff that you have no reason to bitch about it taking no time at all! Oh wait, you just skip past everything anyway and it takes no time at all to do your world quests? Uhh, fuck, what's our next shitty excuse to back up the devs' equally shitty reasoning for getting rid of flying. There has to be one! And I have to think it up so Blizzard will see and hire me to be one of their lazy, self-entitled dickweed developers, it's a flawless plan!!!" --The Forum Trolls Latest Rationale
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Once nothing can even threaten you, that's when you'll have the ability to glide past it in the air.
    That moment came roughly 1-2 months after launch unless you are suggesting they start using raid bosses as terrain obstacles.

Of the reasons Im currently unsubbed, this is/was not one of them.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I don't miss it. The flightmaster's whistle is the perfect compromise. I think having it at the end of each expansion is okay, but I wouldn't mind if they didn't even do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    See, that's some pretty dangerous and toxic thinking. By claiming everyone who doesn't share your opinion isn't capable of critical or rational thought, you're saying that everyone in that opinion field is 'fucking stupid', as you stated in another post. Lets talk about me, personally. I quit during Cata for a number of reason, I didn't agree with what Blizzard did and I didn't find it fun, but I enjoy Blizzard games. I see the flaws and problems and address them from -my- point of view, rather than throwing out a broad statement as if I were speaking for everyone.

But I guess that's why you're a Trump supporter, yea? Looking at the speech pattern in your post, I'm surprised you didn't throw a 'cuck' in there.
    we don't vouch for him

Im glad it makes doing stuff out in the world more fun. Legion is the first time since vanilla tjis game felt like qn mmo