Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    because it is a toxic behaviour (doing nothing in lfr on purpose) it has nothing to do with your gametime
    Look, calling me a toxic player among other people calling names unnecessarily and getting defensive towards the game is beyond me because is this simple. I dont see such behavior as toxic. More like dick'ish move which I did on purpose. that was the intent. I wanted see if I could get a reaction in raid finder for such behaviour. That was my original intention, do people care about an awful player in raid finder?And the answer is no. Why? Simply because my singular performance is not gonna impact such raid, so people dont care, simple conclusion, no thread would've been made.

Was it 'toxic' as you so put it?Maybe I was but was intentionally to see if I could get a reaction! I would never do that in other circumstances. In all my time of WoW I was never accused of bad behavior in a group/raid be gameplay wise or just socially. This part has ZERO to do with the Legendary drop! I did not planned to 'Oh yes im gonna go raid finder and not do anything to get a legendary!' That thought never crossed my mind nor I've encouraged people in partaking in such behaviour I simply said it jokingly at the end of the video. Not only that, I would seriously not recommended in doing so, as it was utterly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    What part of "random" in "random" is unclear to you?
    Such a petty, narrow-minded, special-snowflake-infested useless thread to begin with.

I do know random is random, I already said it around 10 times, putting in the most simplest way as I possibly can, is this: The discussion that I wanted to put in this thread was that IN MY OPINION Items as powerful as these Legendaries shouldn't drop freely in the world with complete disregard of what skill level you are or what work you have put on a character. Because you might put a lot of work with it, such as playing practically all the content in the game that might reward you or do very little and get one anyway, that's why in my opinion is what its bad about it, the random aspect of it itself.
    And why? because is a 940 ilvl item that you might get with very little work done towards it, that you might get doing meaningless content, failing to achieve what you should feel, that you deserved such an item and that you worked towards it. Be in this specific raid finder event, be in a emissary cache or fishing...even if you get it in a mythic raid, which technically you should feel accomplished by getting such item you don't because the RNG aspect of it is just to great as you could randomly and easily get it in a much easier and safe environment, once again failing to achieve its intended(presumably) goal of feeling rewarded... That's it.

Will it change? No, that's known since the beta - What would've been better? Cosmetic items that made you look cool as oppose to making you more powerful. - Am I butthurt or do I hate the system in place? No, I accepted it and I have my opinion on it, I already have my legendaries that I most wanted. - Do I feel rewarded by them or that I deserved them? No, because I got them from doing extremely easy World Quests.

This is what I wanted to share, my opinion because this is a public forum for such discussions and my experience(aka raid finder) that helped me reinforce it.

You can disagree with me that's fine, every one of us is entitled to our own opinions. If I failed to pass that across well I apologize, I honestly can't think of others way I can explain myself. Hopefully everyone of you understands my point.
    Last edited by Selwen25; 2017-02-06 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a friend showing me the "Imperator Margok challenge" once. The challenge was for him to wait until his LFR group pulled Margok, us to duck around the corner and grab a curry and then come back and still be alive 10 minutes later. We won... But the fight still hadn't ended.

Apparently he tried later on the "Imperator Margok supermarket visit challenge" but he never succeeded with that. Every time he came back the group had wiped
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What if 1 or both tanks were afk the whole time.

A lot of the times I see 1 2 or even 3 healers in dps spec as well, disgusts me, even while it's LFR, it's not SOLO content to be a jackass in.

Deleted
    You did work for your legendary by doing alot of harder stuff like raiding, otherwise you would never get it in LFR. It just so happened it dropped in LFR instead of a normal/hc raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    It's 2017, everything in WoW is tailored to millennials now.
    Millenials range from 1980 ish to 2000 ish years.

I started playing at 17-18 up to now (30 yrs old).

I am a dad of 3 kids, typical family life.....

Yes wow is catering to millenials, I am okay with this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I'm starting to think they know how millenials act, and design the game in a way that makes them cry just because Blizzard knows it's the only time millenials aren't miserable.
    Wow so much hate for an entire generations

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    You did work for your legendary by doing alot of harder stuff like raiding, otherwise you would never get it in LFR. It just so happened it dropped in LFR instead of a normal/hc raid.
    Yea that's true, in a way you can think of it as...whole, instead of the specific thing that was done to get it, I do think like that as well.
    But is also possible to get it without doing anything relevant prior to it. As is the case with a lot of people, especially when the Xpac came out which was just pure luck on the RNG aspect of it but main point still stands, such powerful and 'unique' items shouldn't be given in such arbitrary ways. Not only it removes the aspect of that feeling that you deserved it because after all of that, you will be just like 'Thank god finally' instead of a 'fuck yea' As well as beign widely available from very difficult content to very easy content.
    Last edited by Selwen25; 2017-02-06 at 03:04 AM.

Deleted
    So you intentionally screwed random strangers over to prove your e-peen?
    I would assume you would like a pat on the back, or a cookie, though I would rather you have a karma comeback of constant disconnects.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I've learned that it is better to do 0 damage than just auto-attack or something. When you do very little damage people notice you, when you do 0 damage you are a ghost.
    This is the truth of LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool319 View Post
    You do realize that at the high end of raiding and pvp its actually one of the harder games out there. It took over almost a month for the best players in the world to kill the last boss in nighthold on mythic. And the VAST majority of players havent managed even kill him on heroic yet. Hell there are a massive portion of the wow subscriber base that wont kill mythic Xavius until the next xpac comes out.
    There is now a very small portion of the game designed for hardcore players. All the rest is boring easy. In BC for instance, even heroic dungeons were challenging. Today you need to play mythic +15 to find something similar in terms of difficulty. And it's still an aoe fest.

And now you're given legendary items by killing random mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Selwen25 View Post
    I dont see such behavior as toxic. More like dick'ish move which I did on purpose.
    The boded is the definition of toxic.....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So basically a lot of ppl in LFR just auto attack the bosses and you are encouraging them to do nothing at all, just be around the raid and that's it?
    Nice contribution to the gaming experience there...

Quote Originally Posted by Kensio View Post
    So basically a lot of ppl in LFR just auto attack the bosses and you are encouraging them to do nothing at all, just be around the raid and that's it?
    Nice contribution to the gaming experience there...
    I never encouraged that behaviour in any way shape or form...I'm not saying that is the way it will drop legendary nor am I saying for you to try it. It was RNG, if you dumb enough to follow this method...good luck in WoW and life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The boded is the definition of toxic.....
    That isn't the full definition of toxic, part of it but not all of it..And quote the rest of what I said not only the part that fits your judgement.
    How can a test performed on something done on purpose, as almost as putting myself in a 'character' in such a raid group is considered toxic? That no one happened to care for it but if they did,I would've stopped such behaviour as I was simply 'testing' such 'toxic' behaviour.... as you so put it.

But they didn't because it was Raid Finder, if you kill bosses no one is gonna care what half of the group is doing which is the conclusion that I reached by testing it, in way is kinda sad that such mode exists in the game that allows you to do that freely. Why getting so defensive and picky towards this particular issue which has nothing to do with the thread in mind of which is about my opinion on the fact that I particularly dislike how Legendaries work and that simply wanted a discussion from it.... I seriously cannot understand.

Was it technically toxic though, in that point in time that I did it? In a way yes, does it matter in the long run, that Im gonna ruin the whole raid finder community, absolutely not, it was a one time thing with a reason behind it. If I would continue such practices now that would been something to worry and point out not in this case.
    If you ask a toxic player why he is an asshole. What you think he will say? probably something rediculous and childish. Have I had such behaviour in this thread?
    Or have I tried to explain myself in a calm and organized matter? if I was a toxic player I would be writing in caps saying that everyone is a idiot and that game is shit and etc... My behaviour as been the furthest from that.
    Last edited by Selwen25; 2017-02-06 at 09:02 AM.

[QUOTE=Selwen25;44479874]I never encouraged that behaviour in any way shape or form...I'm not saying that is the way it will drop legendary nor am I saying for you to try it. It was RNG, if you dumb enough to follow this method...good luck in WoW and life.

Yeah, and the ppl who upload bard AD jungle in ranked just do it for fun, and than the noobs come and try to imitate them and do it and ruin the game for others.

Maybe your intention was for fun, but what happens is that you had others carry the dps you can do to make it run faster. Ppl can't even realize that if everyone do decent dps the LFR will end in less than 15 mins, they prefer to autoattack and let others do the job and than the LFR ends after 30 mins.

Sorry, but the comments above me states the obvious, you shouldn't brag about stuff like that.

Deleted
    If you already know "RNG is RNG", then what purpose does this thread serve? Everyone already knows this about the legendary system, and you're just regurgitating the same shit much like anyone that creates a thread regarding the legendary system. Of course people is going to look at the other points of your post, such as the "no efforts correlates to higher legendary drop chance", because what you perceive as the main point of this thread is already given and well understood.

Unless of course you just made a thread on a controversial topic so you could get some traction on your YouTube channel? Seems like the most plausible scenario.

RNG is mild in WOW compared to Hearthstone. Plus it's not like you don't have to put in work to get Legendaries. People that have 4+ have likely done hundreds of Mythics, Emissaries, and Raid Bosses.

Actually OP sums up the legendary system quite well. In previous expansions you had to actually put in some effort to get a reward, but nowadays you get the best items just for participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    It's 2017, everything in WoW is tailored to millennials now.
    WOW was developed for millennials....which I am 99% sure it includes you. Millennials been the majority of players since vanilla.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I've learned that it is better to do 0 damage than just auto-attack or something. When you do very little damage people notice you, when you do 0 damage you are a ghost.
    I learn to let my kids do LFR for me.

I think the OP is onto something.

If the whole raid just stood around and did nothing, then everyone would get a legendary when the boss died!

Wait a minute.....
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    WOW was developed for millennials
    I'd say that vanilla targeted audience was larger than just millennials, which is no longer the case today.

....which I am 99% sure it includes you.
    It doesn't.

Millennials been the majority of players since vanilla.
    Right. Non-millennials players have all left the game these days. I'm just trying to find a game suited for GenX people who don't seek instant gratification. Not sure it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    If you already know "RNG is RNG", then what purpose does this thread serve? Everyone already knows this about the legendary system, and you're just regurgitating the same shit much like anyone that creates a thread regarding the legendary system. Of course people is going to look at the other points of your post, such as the "no efforts correlates to higher legendary drop chance", because what you perceive as the main point of this thread is already given and well understood.

Unless of course you just made a thread on a controversial topic so you could get some traction on your YouTube channel? Seems like the most plausible scenario.
    Yes, maybe that's case. I only felt the need to share my experience to further complete said point and just prove it further. That's all.
    If that goes against something.... well, I apologize.
    As for the video I never forced it upon anyone, it was simply there to help support my claim. I've been spending a hell a lot more time here than on youtube. Not only that getting attention to my youtube channel is pointless since there's nothing there for you

Quote Originally Posted by Kensio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Selwen25 View Post
    I never encouraged that behaviour in any way shape or form...I'm not saying that is the way it will drop legendary nor am I saying for you to try it. It was RNG, if you dumb enough to follow this method...good luck in WoW and life.
    Yeah, and the ppl who upload bard AD jungle in ranked just do it for fun, and than the noobs come and try to imitate them and do it and ruin the game for others.

Maybe your intention was for fun, but what happens is that you had others carry the dps you can do to make it run faster. Ppl can't even realize that if everyone do decent dps the LFR will end in less than 15 mins, they prefer to autoattack and let others do the job and than the LFR ends after 30 mins.

Sorry, but the comments above me states the obvious, you shouldn't brag about stuff like that.

I do get what you trying to say, I don't think I would cause that to happened but I guess I might underestimate people.