Fury of the burning sky really good?

The sims have it listed as one of the top available trinkets for single target even, does this mean it's realistically the bis multi target trinket? Especially since most fights in NH are aoe?

I got it last night, it wasn't doing 4-8% of my damage on single target fights. So yes I'd say it's strong

Supposedly the new Arans Ruby

It seems to really depend on it's ilvl. I ran a M+ MOS last night with another hunter who also had Fury. (we were both MM)

His gear was around 895 ilvl, im 887. He had a 900 version with a socket and mine is 875 so there is a pretty big difference on the dmg of the proc, but at the end of the dungeon mine had done 6% of my damage and his had done 11%. That's a pretty huge difference and most of the dungeon was group pulled to make time. I have the KJ trinket and an 875 arcano, so for me i will keep those two. Fury just wasn't good enough to replace the arcano.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    It seems to really depend on it's ilvl. I ran a M+ MOS last night with another hunter who also had Fury. (we were both MM)

His gear was around 895 ilvl, im 887. He had a 900 version with a socket and mine is 875 so there is a pretty big difference on the dmg of the proc, but at the end of the dungeon mine had done 6% of my damage and his had done 11%. That's a pretty huge difference and most of the dungeon was group pulled to make time. I have the KJ trinket and an 875 arcano, so for me i will keep those two. Fury just wasn't good enough to replace the arcano.
    I think you are going to have a hard time replacing that arcano lol, because convergence is probs gonna replace ur leggo trink.

Quote Originally Posted by Absoul View Post
    I think you are going to have a hard time replacing that arcano lol, because convergence is probs gonna replace ur leggo trink.
    I'd have to sim it. 2900 agi plus +450 mastery/crit/haste is really good for the same reasons arcano is good. Not to mention that you can get the use to crit for 1.2M+ if used during TS

Got this on heroic a 890 on my lock to replace my 860 int/haste + socket trinket. Simmed it and my dps plummeted by roughly 20k. Trinket balance is worse than pvp balance ._.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Got this on heroic a 890 on my lock to replace my 860 int/haste + socket trinket. Simmed it and my dps plummeted by roughly 20k. Trinket balance is worse than pvp balance ._.
    I'm curious of this as well. should I be trusting AMR on trinkets? 891 MM Hunter, with 860 Eye of Guarm (Mastery) and 875 Instinct equipped. Pulled an 880 Fury and simmed a 415 point loss on the eye and a 10k loss on Instinct. Should I just say screw it and replace the eye since it's... kinda? close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I got a fury 890 from heroic and used it for a bit. It seems good if there are adds involved in the fight. Single target though? Seems weak. Totally anecdotal so take it or leave it.

@Sandwrong - All of the trinket procs are ranked directly from simulations on AMR. However, the default stat weights are for just 1 generic setup, not one specific to you. So it's best if you run a custom gearing strategy, and then when you use that, all trinket data will be pulled from those simulations that are 100% tailored to you

Here's a short guide on how to run a custom setup: http://i.imgur.com/r2gpuBW.jpg
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

It's a great trinket, beats most others, worth using if you got one (unless it's competing with an Arcanocrystal, or a great titanforge of another trinket). I don't know how AMR treats Fury specifically but track record is not so good

I got a 895 version from the weekly chest, and i must say i first was kinda sad because i hoped for something else but the trinket is actually pretty good, not really on single target, even tho it did like 4% of my dmg on Krosus. But on a fight like Skorpyron it did 16% of my dmg, im playing as a spriest and without shadowcrash the aoe is non existant, so always nice to have a trinket to boost the dmg on some aoe encounters. I have yet to try out in dungeons, but i imaging its pretty good

Got a 895 one from weekly aswell but on ST it sims lower than both my 870 Bloodthirsty Instinct and my 865 Arcano Crystal (for BM). On 3 targets, it sims slightly highter in combination with Arcano Crystal.
    Really disappointing if you factor in that it is 25/30 ilvls higher than the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    I'm curious of this as well. should I be trusting AMR on trinkets? 891 MM Hunter, with 860 Eye of Guarm (Mastery) and 875 Instinct equipped. Pulled an 880 Fury and simmed a 415 point loss on the eye and a 10k loss on Instinct. Should I just say screw it and replace the eye since it's... kinda? close.
    I have a similar setup: 880 mastery eye and 870 BTI.
    The only thing simming higher than the eye is the legend trinks (convergence sims higher than both of them)
    So I guess I will be replacing eye with convergence when I get it.

I also have 890 foci, 890 frond which are both dps loss ~>50k. I also have an urn and running 2 stat sticks was a dps loss of about 40k

The combo of stat stick with BTI seems to be the best way to go for me

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It's a great trinket, beats most others, worth using if you got one (unless it's competing with an Arcanocrystal, or a great titanforge of another trinket). I don't know how AMR treats Fury specifically but track record is not so good
    How would it compare to the KJ leggo trinket? Seems to me KJ trinket always crits for around 850k, that would be 2 procs of the Fury AND you can choose exactly when to use it rather than waiting on procs (more adds, TS, etc). Plus the passive stats it just doesn't seem worth it even in the 900ilvl range.

Obviously Kil'jaeden is the best trinket you can get.