Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    ...the fuck just happened?
    Falcons beat themselves. Even with Brady's magnificent performance, the Falcons could have survived that comeback, if they hadn't of lost discipline and got that holding call at the last 4 minutes of the game; which cost them the field positioning for what would have likely been the game ending field goal and a final of 31-28, and that penalty put the Pats in the position to make the most of that sack/fumble recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Man Falcons was on 3rd down they could've just kick the field goal and let it in, they tried to throw the ball deeper but Pats defender somehow put Ryan out of the FG range...

I think they want to get inside a little bit so the kicker will have a better chance to kick the ball in, but it was the huge play by the Pats defense.
    See my above post. It was the holding call on that drive that ultimately did the Falcons in. I mean, if possible, look at it, it wasn't like just a slip and grab of the defender's arm or his jersey. That guard had that defender in a fucking choke hold when he brought the guy down. I knew at that moment, that the Falcons had just lost this game; that if given even a yard, Brady would take the game into OT and end it.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2017-02-06 at 04:24 AM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Man Falcons was on 3rd down they could've just kick the field goal and let it in, they tried to throw the ball deeper but Pats defender somehow put Ryan out of the FG range...

I think they want to get inside a little bit so the kicker will have a better chance to kick the ball in, but it was the huge play by the Pats defense.
    I think there was a hold on the play that you're talking about. The dude pretty much bear hugged the defender right in front of the ref.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Falcon's definitely beat themselves, but the Patriots still had to play a phenomenal game in the second half and they did. Don't forget, the Falcon's scored zero points in the 2nd half at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Falcon's definitely beat themselves, but the Patriots still had to play a phenomenal game in the second half and they did. Don't forget, the Falcon's scored zero points in the 2nd half at all.
    That's not true, they scored a TD didn;t they? Half time was 21-3

EDIT: Yep they did. So they did score, but that was also the only score they had that half or OT.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    Just what I was afraid of. Falcons fully capable of beating the Patriots but they beat themselves.
    Atlanta is new Cleveland.

Man, I really didn't think the Bengals meltdown last year would be forgotten so soon.

But this. This has to take the cake.

And i'm not even saying this to smack talk really. All my family members are Falcons homers.

That 4th quarter is just sad.

That was, by far, the best and most exciting final quarter (+OT) of football, let alone a Superbowl, that I've watched in a loooong time. The entire game was kind of "whatever" for me... then in that last quarter, I think around the 5 minute mark, it was just amazing.

Brady seemed really lackluster for most of the game, which made him coming around even better. The entire game I was saying to a friend I was watching the game with that Brady had so much more in him and that it looked like he was afraid to get hit. Hell after... how many hits was it, like 19? After being hit that many times, I'd be afraid too. It just seemed like there were times he got rid of the ball (and not even to throw it out, sometimes throwing it mid-field but with no receiver near it) way too early just so they wouldn't rough the QB. Was it just me that got the distinct impression that pre-Q3 he seemed somewhat timid and scared of contact?

I know people always have stories going "I called that, I said it would happen!" but it was so great for me because the entire time I'm explaining some basic rules to another friend of mine that doesn't watch much football (and when they do it's college) -- what constitutes pass interference, etc -- and am talking about my thoughts on Brady at the same time, the game is 20-28 Falcons and I say to them "This is the Pats. At the last possible moments, they're going to somehow turn things around, come back and score a touchdown on their final possession. Then, even know the Falcons will obviously know they're going for the extra point, they're going to get it by some miracle. Not just a good play, but either some RIDICULOUSLY great play, a fluke, or some other miracle."

5 minutes left in Q4 and things start coming to better. Time getting closer to running out... Brady wakes up. Pats score. Pats go for the extra point, it looks alright, receiver (and this is as far as I saw things happen, I haven't watched or read any post-game or replays) is FORCED OUT of the endzone on the play! But wait, FLAG! Defender is too hyped, JUMPS THE GUN, and literally LOSES THE GAME for the Falcons practically SINGLE-HANDEDLY by handing the points over to the Pats via the flag. If he had just waited that extra half a second, this would all be completely different. To me, getting so close to the end zone on the play but being BARELY forced out... then getting the 2 points anyways due to an OPPOSING player getting a flag thrown? That's a miracle conversion to me for the last play of their last (pre-overtime) offensive drive.

Seriously, I'm rambling, but this game was just amazing. I think the fact that it wasn't amazing until the end makes the end seem even better. The fact that Brady seemed so bleh before the end makes his 360 change in performance at the end seem even more impressive! I also keep thinking about how close it was and how many little things contributed; how many things the FALCONS did to hand the Pats the win. Nothing tremendous, and many games are won or lost over flags, but how many times (on both sides, to be fair) was a first down given to the Pats on 3rd (or even 4th I think, once? I can't remember) due to holding? And, as I just said, that conversion due to the guy on D jumping the gun.

Honestly, the way I look at it... the Pats wouldn't have won without the Falcon's help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Everyone knows Terry Bradshaw is the best QB ever (sorry, couldn't resist making a joke).

Didn't watch any of the game, but the Pats offense running 93 plays, including 68 passing kind of makes me think Atlanta's defense showed why their secondary was trash all regular season and couldn't get off the field. I mean it helps when they run an offense that gets receivers open non stop because of pick plays, but that is still a crazy amount of plays run.
    Their defense did everything they could.

The offense faltered in the 4th, keeping their D on the field for wayyy too long. The defense was gassed,
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2017-02-06 at 04:32 AM.

The Falcons played a fabulous game. What a terrific performance.

Great game! A well deserved MVP, Ryan. A surprisingly potent defense too!

This game was just sensational.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    The defense was gassed,
    Agreed, Falcons were gassed on D, and when we won the coin toss I was like "They haven;t stopped us the past 15 min, why would they now?" and they couldn't. Just completely ran out of steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    They played a fabulous 3/4's of a game.

That final quarter was abysmal in terms of playcalling, execution and discipline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Agreed, Falcons were gassed on D, and when we won the coin toss I was like "They haven;t stopped us the past 15 min, why would they now?" and they couldn't. Just completely ran out of steam.
    Still not really an excuse to give up THAT many points.

I blame Kyle Shanahan. You don't go for the TD via pass when you're in FG range. Sometimes, you gotta play conserative Marvin Lewis play to not lose football. You have the Running backs that can do it.

No excuse.

A few things I'd say lost the game: string of holding calls that extended the Pats drive, the holding and Matt getting sacked taking them out of FG range (really unacceptable), bad management towards the end. Atl had the ball with a lead in the 4th and they were still snapping the ball with like 15+ seconds on the playclock, and they weren't running it. Freeman was shredding the D, they used him way too little.
    And of course the D doing absolutely nothing towards the end didn't help. Edelman making that catch and the PI to finish the game were pretty fortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the same time, while I'm completely with BigZo on this, Matt Ryan should not give up the sack there. Throw the damn thing away.

Also, confession time. But when it went to OT, a tiny bit of me wondered what happens if the game would end in a tie, because it's be fitting with how this season went.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Atlanta is new Cleveland.

Man, I really didn't think the Bengals meltdown last year would be forgotten so soon.

But this. This has to take the cake.

And i'm not even saying this to smack talk really. All my family members are Falcons homers.

That 4th quarter is just sad.
    Yea, indeed. I really hope this Falcons loss doesn't crush the whole franchise, happened before. They have good coaches, a young and supremely talented team, but this night will stay with them for a long time.

Deleted
    Freeman was shredding the D, they used him way too little.
    He wouldn't even have to shred them. Just run the ball three times and kick a field goal and you're 11 points up with a few minutes left.
    I'm sure they didn't expect to lose 30+ yards by throwing it but why take the chance?
    Of course I'm no offensive coordinator so hey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freeman was shredding the D, they used him way too little.
    Probably because he can't pass block for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    At the same time, while I'm completely with BigZo on this, Matt Ryan should not give up the sack there. Throw the damn thing away.

Also, confession time. But when it went to OT, a tiny bit of me wondered what happens if the game would end in a tie, because it's be fitting with how this season went.
    Not possible in the playoffs, the game is played until someone wins.

Let's say what really decided the game, terrible OT rules.

Also, why tf did the falcons waste that last timeout challenging that catch? Idk who told them to make the call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, some list:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Yea, indeed. I really hope this Falcons loss doesn't crush the whole franchise, happened before. They have good coaches, a young and supremely talented team, but this night will stay with them for a long time.
    That defense is still young and didn't have Desmond Trufont for most of the season (something most people are forgetting).

The Defense will be fine.

The offense however, has some question marks.

ESPECIALLY if Chip Kelly becomes your offensive coordinator, which is becoming more likely by the day.