Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Tracer and Lucio have slightly faster base speeds than everyone else, but otherwise without boosts I think the rest are the same. I think Sombra should be faster too, but I don't think she is.
    Actually, only Genji and Tracer move faster without abilities. Genji and tracer both move at 6m/s, while all other heroes move at 5.5m/s.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    Nerf the crap out of Reaper's damage. A fast-moving high-hp self-healing assassin with a Divine Shield and a Blink, and his guns pull up to 560 dps. And then his ult reads 'Automatically capture the next objective'. It's one of the biggest areas that I disagree with Blizzard's hero design on.

Just watching the Overwatch highlights at Blizzcon was enough; about 40% of the clips were of Reaper pressing one button and winning the game. It's Junkrat wheel without needing to wind-up, be announced, and deals its damage instantly.

And then every single left-click dealing up to 280 damage is a little dumb. The only hero that can compete with him in damage is Bastion, and that comes with the tradeoff of having to deploy and not being able to move.
    And Reaper comes with the trade-off of having to be right beside you to do any damage whatsoever?

If you're having trouble with Reaper, maybe you should actually pay attention to footsteps. The maps are so open and large that getting caught by one makes it entirely your fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    And Reaper comes with the trade-off of having to be right beside you to do any damage whatsoever?

If you're having trouble with Reaper, maybe you should actually pay attention to footsteps. The maps are so open and large that getting caught by one makes it entirely your fault.
    Right; Reaper capitalizes on lack of awareness. *If he's jumping into the middle of your team, it's because nobody spotted him lurking above you. *That's your team's mistake. *And all of you made that mistake, not just one. *The one that drives me nuts is Anubis Point B on Defense; Reapers love getting onto that pillar balcony right by the point and then jumping in for their ult. *I watch that spot like a hawk, for that reason. *If I'm healing, I'm usually on the right-hand side by the tunnel, to stay away from that spot and have a better line of sight. *I constantly see people ignore it, though, and it's silly. *There's a Reaper on their team. *This is what he does. *Why not expect it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

Awareness often doesn't make a difference; if even one person doesn't notice the Reaper, that's one person that's no longer on my team. There are very few heroes that can fight a Reaper even after noticing him because he kills everyone except the tanks in ~1 second. Having a god-tier Widowmaker or Hanzo can help, but for anyone that doesn't play in a 6-stack Master tier level, that's not always an option.

The magnitude that one has to change their playstyle simply because a Reaper exists is absurd in my opinion. When the enemy have other flanking heroes like Tracer, Sombra or even Genji, you adapt to checking 360 degrees more often, paying more attention to flank routes, and looking back at your backline more often. But nobody can look in every direction at once, and even after being spotted, there aren't many heroes that can stop a Reaper before he's wiped 1-2 people out- and even then, you've had to pull back your team and redirect your damage, leaving the front totally exposed.

If there were more direct one-hero counters to Reaper it might not be too irritating, but right now it feels like one must assemble the Avengers for a game of Reaperwatch whenever he's picked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Right; Reaper capitalizes on lack of awareness. *If he's jumping into the middle of your team, it's because nobody spotted him lurking above you. *That's your team's mistake. *And all of you made that mistake, not just one. *The one that drives me nuts is Anubis Point B on Defense; Reapers love getting onto that pillar balcony right by the point and then jumping in for their ult. *I watch that spot like a hawk, for that reason. *If I'm healing, I'm usually on the right-hand side by the tunnel, to stay away from that spot and have a better line of sight. *I constantly see people ignore it, though, and it's silly. *There's a Reaper on their team. *This is what he does. *Why not expect it?
    Eh. That spot is a bad spot for a reaper. I always stick around there depending on the hero I play because you can pretty much hear anyone go there and Reaper's tp has a big sound so it's obvious when he goes there.

I mean, when I'm playing support or widow at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Eh. That spot is a bad spot for a reaper. I always stick around there depending on the hero I play because you can pretty much hear anyone go there and Reaper's tp has a big sound so it's obvious when he goes there.

I mean, when I'm playing support or widow at least.
    Hot tip; literally any character can jump onto that platform from the wall beside it. *The path up there is a direct line from the offense side of the walls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Hot tip; literally any character can jump onto that platform from the wall beside it. *The path up there is a direct line from the offense side of the walls.
    I'm aware of that. You can still hear footsteps of them if you're close to the pillar they're trying to go to. Not to mention not a whole lot of people even try this and when they do, they kinda fail.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying I hear them going there 100% of the time but if I'm close to that pillar/zone, which I am most of my games since I main support and tank, I'm used to see/hear if people are going there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DFTR View Post
    Awareness often doesn't make a difference; if even one person doesn't notice the Reaper, that's one person that's no longer on my team. There are very few heroes that can fight a Reaper even after noticing him because he kills everyone except the tanks in ~1 second. Having a god-tier Widowmaker or Hanzo can help, but for anyone that doesn't play in a 6-stack Master tier level, that's not always an option.

The magnitude that one has to change their playstyle simply because a Reaper exists is absurd in my opinion. When the enemy have other flanking heroes like Tracer, Sombra or even Genji, you adapt to checking 360 degrees more often, paying more attention to flank routes, and looking back at your backline more often. But nobody can look in every direction at once, and even after being spotted, there aren't many heroes that can stop a Reaper before he's wiped 1-2 people out- and even then, you've had to pull back your team and redirect your damage, leaving the front totally exposed.

If there were more direct one-hero counters to Reaper it might not be too irritating, but right now it feels like one must assemble the Avengers for a game of Reaperwatch whenever he's picked.
    In a game so centered around choke points, Reaper's suffers a lot. Compared to other flankers, his movement abilities are incredibly limited. His teleport is so so loud to the point that it's basically useless, and wraith form is fairly weak as an escape tool. If he gets behind your team it's always your team's fault; compared to Tracer with her blinks and Genji with his insane movement, it's really easy keep track of a Reaper.

If you are actually playing matches where Reaper wipes out 1-2 members of your team before he is dealt with, you must be playing with players with zero map awareness. Basically any DPS should be able to kill a Reaper: 76, McCree, Pharah, etc. If they actually get killed before they can deal with him, then they probably have both shitty map awareness and bad positioning.

Reaper isn't even that good in this meta. I personally don't see him often, especially not since Ana's ult was nerfed. If he was actually as good as you say, the tank meta wouldn't exist.

Deleted
    A good reaper can go around those choke points and attack from behind. His problem is that he can't get out after so he needs a really good team in order to properly make him work or a good map like King's Row that has a lot of place to hide/run, otherwise, he'll just end up dying/doing nothing all the time.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2017-01-31 at 06:53 PM.

I think i would really tighten up the radius of which you can get headshots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make characters actually balanced with one another. That'd be my big change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Make characters actually balanced with one another. That'd be my big change.
    So you mean no one counters no one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has an effective counter and we get no OP characters.

In-game right now, some characters "counters" aren't real counters. And some have too many (or too little).

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Everyone has an effective counter and we get no OP characters.

In-game right now, some characters "counters" aren't real counters. And some have too many (or too little).
    I agree but I'm curious to hear some examples on heroes without counters.

Increase Symmetra's movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    This is not okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I agree but I'm curious to hear some examples on heroes without counters.
    Roadhog. To a lesser extent Genji.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    No. Hell no.

Roadhog. To a lesser extent Genji.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Hell no.
    Both of those absolutely have counters though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Both of those absolutely have counters though.
    Elaborate, please.

No. Hell no.
    Yes. Fuck yes.