Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    My issue with the matter is if he was banned again for an offense committed prior to his first ban. That means he could have resubbed, given Blizzard money again and gone straight but was banned for an offense he assumed he had paid the penalty for.

That imo is sketchy on Blizzard. I think he has a legitimate complaint. Mind you, I don't stand on the side of botters, however Blizzard made the rules, he paid his penalty.
    btw if you get banned you can after youve been banned say like "hey i had 28 days left on playtime, then i got banned and couldentp lay those 28 can i get those back" and they will give it to you (speaking personally and from research)

also do you think blizzard would
    "aww yeah that guy gave us 15$ now lets ban him HAHAHAH WE ARE SO RICH, YES WE ARE STEALING THEIR MONEY"

its most likley the op isnt being honest, or simply was coincidence
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they acsess the stuff in your wow folder, thats it, we have seen this before, hell even private servers do it and will ban you if your files are differant then they should be
    Ok, you're right. When Blizzard wrote this;

In an effort to combat the efforts of those individuals who are willing to violate the EULA, Blizzard utilizes an ‘anti-cheating’ utility that runs as part of Blizzard games. This ‘anti-cheating’ utility performs limited scans of:

the Random Access Memory (‘RAM’) that is occupied by a Blizzard game to confirm that the Blizzard game’s program has not been altered or ‘hacked’ in violation of the EULA;

the Blizzard games ‘process’ to determine if any unauthorized third-party programs or computer code has been attached to the Blizzard games process;

the Windows Process List to determine if any confirmed hacking, botting or cheating programs are presently open in violation of the EULA; and

the Windows Handles list to see which processes have a handle to the Blizzard games ‘process’. Additional information obtained from RAM and/or disc for the processes that have a handle to the Blizzard games ‘process’ will be used to determine if it is a confirmed hacking, botting or cheating program in violation of the EULA.

they must have forgotten to mention that.

Should of just perma banned and moved on no reason to bot and if you get caught oh well you knew it was against T.O.S. when you started it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Ok, you're right. When Blizzard wrote this;

In an effort to combat the efforts of those individuals who are willing to violate the EULA, Blizzard utilizes an ‘anti-cheating’ utility that runs as part of Blizzard games. This ‘anti-cheating’ utility performs limited scans of:

the Random Access Memory (‘RAM’) that is occupied by a Blizzard game to confirm that the Blizzard game’s program has not been altered or ‘hacked’ in violation of the EULA;

the Blizzard games ‘process’ to determine if any unauthorized third-party programs or computer code has been attached to the Blizzard games process;

the Windows Process List to determine if any confirmed hacking, botting or cheating programs are presently open in violation of the EULA; and

the Windows Handles list to see which processes have a handle to the Blizzard games ‘process’. Additional information obtained from RAM and/or disc for the processes that have a handle to the Blizzard games ‘process’ will be used to determine if it is a confirmed hacking, botting or cheating program in violation of the EULA.

they must have forgotten to mention that.
    that was to counter bots that dident effect the files of wow themselves
    therei sl ots of bots and alteratons that only effect the files of wow
    did you ever hear of the raid group who world first cthun by deleting wow files? that was one of the reasons they started doing it
    if they still do to this date, idk, but they used to for exactly that reason
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    I love all the people that condemn botting, but they'd be the first ones to cry if botting didn't exist because everything would be so expensive. Botting is a necessary evil in this game.
    This is incorrect. Blizzard could simply increase the amount you herb/mine per node and decrease the mat costs to counteract the lack of botters rather than feed cheaters with free gold to make the consumer economy more manageable. They could also implement things like garrison mine/garden to allow players who are willing, but don't have gathering, to increase the supply in the economy as well without cheating.

I buy all my mats from what I assume are botters /shrug, they're cheap, what do I care where I get them from. Hell we he have a guy on our server who admitted to buying all the dupes he could on the server and reselling them knowing they were dupes, they're still on the AH or in peoples mount journal, and arguably duping is worse than botting.

I really don't care what people do in the game... its still just a game, and honestly, I love cheap mats

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Bot bans function in waves, so yes, they can be displaced like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Guess we won't agree on this. He got a 6 month ban for botting, that should be enough.
    Actually it was two actual sessions of investigation.

While it may have been one long session of botting for him, it covered two sessions of investigation, each one finding him guilty.

It's like when you work one whole session at work, but the week turns over in the middle of your shift, splitting it into two pay-periods for one shift.

In other words, he botted continuously while he was being investigated, he didn't stop until the verdict was sent and the administration banned him. However, the time between him being banned and his first investigation, he was reported by several players between that time, launching a second investigation that also found him guilty of botting.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    So awhile ago i got banned for botting, yes i admit it and don't try to cover it up. Used it to farm ore n herbs. Banned for 6 months, I deserved it.

So I hop back on after my 6 months and within an hour, banned again. I was literally just in Dalaran and looking through the dungeon journal, so I was like wtf?

Well i inquired with blizz....

They said the first ban only caught times A through B....upon logging on they found times X through Z.

I'm not arguing that i should not have gotten banned for botting, but this seems a lot like double jeopardy to me. I was already punished for botting, why am i being punished again for this?

If you bot for an entire year or one day the ban is 6 months regardless. I botted for a month, took a break for a couple months then did it again. I deleted the program and haven't thought about it since my initial ban back in WoD.
    No point in posting this here. People will just, once again, completely miss the point of the thread (basically any cheating related topic)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-02-05 at 11:07 PM.

It's fairly evident that garrisons, by providing everyone with easy access to the base materials, was enormously detrimental to botters as a general rule -- why not replicate, in some way?

Edit: Which is to say, there are two reasons that people bot:

1) They're seeking to extract a benefit (i.e. gold, food, etc.), freely.
    2) They're avoiding an otherwise tedious and un-fun activity.

You can devalue the first group (i.e. the ones that ruin the economy) by placating the second group (i.e. make fishing interactive, fun and rewarding of skill instead of clicking a bobber).
    Last edited by Fyersing; 2017-02-06 at 12:29 AM.

And this is why botting needs to be a permanent ban. Gets rid of whining like this where you got banned for them finding more shit you did. It's not double jeopardy. It's finding more illegal shit you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Salty Reckful fan spotted.
    I'm only slightly familar with Reckful, and have never watched his stream so I wouldn't call myself a fan. It just think that Blizzard's priorities are strange.

Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    Why do you post that here? Do you expect some sympathy or something?
    Yep, pretty much this comment

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrofluoric View Post
    I'm only slightly familar with Reckful, and have never watched his stream so I wouldn't call myself a fan. It just think that Blizzard's priorities are strange.
    They've clearly stated that they work in a completely different way now compared to before, they no longer perma ban botters because they'll just keep buying new accounts, but most people that bot use their main account so they're most likely not gonna get a brand new account and level a toon from 1-110 again, they would rather wait 6 months

Obligatory lol @ OP

I have heard Blizzard's arguments against permanent bans on an effectiveness basis, but they really need to start sending out some people with bats and crowbars directly to people's houses instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    I botted for a month, took a break for a couple months then did it again.
    well you botted twice. and got banned twice. seems fair, no?

Seems pretty shady of Blizzard, but I haven't read the fine details about punishment for botting. If it was one continuous set of botting, then I don't see why he should be banned for a second 6 month time frame for the same time period just because Blizzard decided to split their investigation into time periods that just so happen to overlap with his period of botting.

I agree he got what he deserved, but that second ban was stupid and unnecessary. He shouldn't be punished twice because Blizzards investigation method is inefficient.

nvm, just saw the botting was plit between two different time periods not continuous....yeah. Sorry to say but the second ban was appropriate.

Definitely sounds like double dipping, but I'm pretty ok with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Shouldn't have botted mate deserved 100%.

IMO blizz should just insta permban everyone that bots, I don't understand why they are not doing that.
    Why permaban?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I murdered two people but they didn't find out about the 2nd one until after I'd served time for the 1st. I was already in prison for murder... why should I have to go back?
    lmao!10charandallthat

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all I have to say is that you shouldn't have botted in the first place. If you played the game the right way none of this would've happened. No one to blame but yourself.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe