Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Does anyone know what stats to look for out if I'm planning on trying to get a 'mon with the IVs of a shiny in the Virtual Console Yellow to send over to Sun?
    I think they are made random once you transver.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Ahh, booo! Thanks anyway
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lusamines Clefable almost wiped my entire team because i had nothing it that was super effective against it. A Fire Blast from a lvl 56 Charizard did like 1/7 of it's hp and that damn Metronome made it use Cosmic Power 3 fucking times and whenever i managed to drop it below 50-60% it just healed up with Moonlight.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

IVs are randomized when transferring, but the game determines shininess based on the Gen 1 IVs before transfer. However, they fucked up the formula and it's not the same as it was on Gen 2 so we need to look that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking pokemon sun/moon credits were long. But holy shit..dragon quest 8 on 3ds is way longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Incineroar is slower than Emboar ._.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    So, Incineroar is slower than Emboar ._.
    Yep. Alola is slowlola. Build it as a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soon:

Battle in the 2017 International Challenge February

The first International Challenge featuring the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games is here! The 2017 International Challenge February will use the same rules and regulations as Pokémon Video Game Championship Series events, and you can even earn Championship Points toward an invitation to the 2017 Pokémon Video Game World Championships in August.

Registration for the 2017 International Challenge February begins February 16, 2017, at 0:00 UTC. The competition goes from Friday, February 24, at 00:00 UTC, until Sunday, February 26, 2017, at 23:59 UTC. Trainers will be limited to 15 battles per day.

Sign-Up Period
    Thursday, February 16, 2017, at 00:00 UTC, through Thursday, February 23, 2017, at 23:59 UTC • You must sign up during this period to participate in the competition. • You may sign up for the competition once per game registered to your PGL account.

Competition Period
    Friday, February 24, 2017, at 00:00 UTC, through Sunday, February 26, 2017, at 23:59 UTC

Participant Limit
    50,000 (limit subject to change; first come, first served)

Participation Gift
    Qualified participants in the 2017 International Challenge February Online Competition will receive a Mawilite Mega Stone and a Beedrillite Mega Stone. Additionally, participants will be eligible to earn Championship Points. To qualify, players must earn a place in the rankings by completing at least three battles.

Age Divisions
    Junior/Senior Division: Born 2002 or later
    Masters Division: Born 2001 or earlier
    • Junior/Senior Division players are limited to playing between 6 A.M. and 11 P.M., based on the easternmost time zone in each player’s country.

Ranking Results Announcement
    March 2017 (announcement time subject to change)

Compatible Games
    Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Competition Rules
    • This competition uses Double Battle format.
    • Eligible Pokémon are restricted to those that were caught, traded, hatched from Eggs, or received as a Mystery Gift in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Each Pokémon must have a black clover symbol on its Summary page. Players may use only Pokémon from the Alola Pokédex. Only the Alola form of Pokémon with regional variants can be used.
    • Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, and Magearna cannot be used.
    • Mega Stones are not allowed.
    • Items are allowed, but Trainers may not have duplicate items in their Battle Team.
    • Register four to six of your Lv. 1–100 Pokémon to your Battle Team.
    • All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
    • Four of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Team will be chosen to battle in each match.
    • A 10-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. When a player’s time limit expires, that player will lose the game.
    • At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select three Pokémon with which to battle.
    • At the beginning of each turn, players have 45 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
    • Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.
    • For additional details, please come back to check the competition’s regulations page when registration opens.

Participation Requirements
    • A Pokémon Trainer Club membership
    • A wireless Internet connection
    • A Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon game with a Game Sync ID registered in the Pokémon Global Link (PGL)
    • The birth date you have registered in your Pokémon Trainer Club account will determine the age division in which you play. If it’s discovered during the competition that your birth-date information is incorrect, you may be disqualified from the competition and future competitions.

Also..still waiting to get my points.
    I was suposed to get some code on global link and still nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nappy encountered an Arceus in the B2W2 soul link yesterday. He kept his Flame Body Magmar and Pressure Mewtwo out while trying to catch it (wild double battle).
    The Arceus died from combined Struggle and Burn damage. And I laughed.
    And then 10 minutes later they got their Master Balls from Juniper.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Nappy encountered an Arceus in the B2W2 soul link yesterday. He kept his Flame Body Magmar and Pressure Mewtwo out while trying to catch it (wild double battle).
    The Arceus died from combined Struggle and Burn damage. And I laughed.
    And then 10 minutes later they got their Master Balls from Juniper.
    Yeah, they don't always think enough during their adventures. I facepalmed and laughed quite a bit too because of his stupidity (throughout the entire soul link tbh).

Usually it's Shady who's not thinking that clearly, too. This soul link, Nappy is the new Shady.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Last edited by Lahis; 2017-02-08 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Please tell me this actually exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Please tell me this actually exists.
    Yes it does. It's not official though, so it requires Homebrew to install.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Yes it does. It's not official though, so it requires Homebrew to install.
    It disables updates and E-shop tho.

It disables updates and E-shop tho.
    Luma and a9hl install under the OS, so if I wanted, I could update to 11.3. HBL isn't updated for it yet though so I'll wait.

And who needs eShop when...

10+ Year Old Account
    The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed a new distribution that is going to happen. Charizard recently won a poll held by CoroCoro and so, due to this, CoroCoro will be distributing a Charizard out through serial code in their next issue, due out on March 15th 2017.

http://www.serebii.net/corocoro3172.jpg
    http://www.serebii.net/corocoro3171.jpg

Not much of a news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye. Hopefully next month will give us something good. Considering new game news starts around there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    Yeah, they don't always think enough during their adventures. I facepalmed and laughed quite a bit too because of his stupidity (throughout the entire soul link tbh).

Usually it's Shady who's not thinking that clearly, too. This soul link, Nappy is the new Shady.
    Aaaaand now they have another pair of fossils to use as tokens.
    Nappy currently has 3 legendaries, Terrakion which he desperately tried to catch, and Zekrom and Mewtwo whom he caught with Master Balls.
    Huge props to Shady for letting him have these mons, but I want Shady to have at least 1 Legend. He had a Ho-oh show up in that forrest North East of Nimbasa, right? Dat would be a good mon. F*** T*tduck.

Dugtrio is being suspect tested for Ubers. Unbelievable