Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    If you're talking strictly lore, pretty much all of the classes people mention exist in some way in the gameworld (except for bards and runemasters, which I believe come from the non-canon rpg books). Plus all the variations that aren't available to players - the gun-toting warriors, the druids of the flame, the time mages, etc. If you're factoring in feasibility, though, all new classes have come from WC3 hero units, so I'd expect that trend to continue. So far, unrepresented are~

-Shadow Hunter
    -Warden
    -Dark Ranger
    -Tinker/Alchemist
    (thematically very similar, would likely combine skillsets)

There are other heroes that don't have their titles in the game, but they are either unambiguously existing classes (warriors, hunters), or represent races, rather than classes.
    Just like tinker and alchemists could be under one class (tinker = ranged DPS, alchemist = healer, steamwarrior = tank), I think that, with some creativity, one could fuse Dark Ranger, Shadow Hunter and Warden into a single mail-using, shadow-casting, weapon-using class. Shadow Hunter could be the healing spec, Warden could be the tanking spec and Dark Ranger the ranged DPS spec.

I know originally Shadow Hunters are trolls, Wardens are night elves and Dark Rangers are Forsaken, but for gameplay purposes you could say that the class represents just the concept of a wapon fighter that employs shadowy magic (so "shadow hunter" uses melee weapon + off-hand, casts wards and voodoo-like spells; "warden" goes into melee, blinks, summons spirits of vengeance; "dark ranger" uses ranged weapons, summons dark minions)

Deleted
    Starcaller - the class what Etraus is basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshade View Post
    I would say Warden, but this game is now flooded with melee specs as it is.
    I'm fairly sure that the Wardens are just the Night Elven version of the Humans' SI:7 organization. In other words, they're just Rogues in fancy garb.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Also for 4th Mages, we alredy have arcane fire and frost, which are all magic types. The other 3 types are shadow holy and nature. Warlock Druid and Priest pretty much have those down, with shaman taking the alternative nature route, elements. What would the 4th mage be? And don't say time! Mage mage schools are based on schools of magic, not on dragonflight powers!
    Why not a spec that uses them all together in a way similar to the Tal Rasha set currently in D3?

As for new classes? Well crap like tinker and necromancer tread on too many heels from other classes in order to function, so i wouldn't really make them a priority.

IMO a shadow hunter is probably the best bet for something kind of new. Ranged mail wearer with 2 specs. Tribal: ranged DPS revolving around throwing weapons and with a bit of a stretch, Loa Priest: shadowy healer invoking the power of the loa spirits to mend wounds. Only problem i see here is how to allow it alliance side, though i guess it could be converted into the "tinker" on alliance with Grenadier for DPS and Alchemist for heal spec, but that seems like a cop-out.

Maybe a Battlemage class would work as well, give it a tank spec, ranged spec and healer spec? Tank captures the whole "mage in melee" feel, ranged could be mid-range who ducks in and out of melee to deal damage with gap closers and gap makers and healer is your usual derpaherp healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I so badly want Necromancer... But alas, I dont think it'll ever be added since it would probably just be a smash-up between Unholy DK and Affliction Warlock.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Why not a spec that uses them all together in a way similar to the Tal Rasha set currently in D3?

As for new classes? Well crap like tinker and necromancer tread on too many heels from other classes in order to function, so i wouldn't really make them a priority.

IMO a shadow hunter is probably the best bet for something kind of new. Ranged mail wearer with 2 specs. Tribal: ranged DPS revolving around throwing weapons and with a bit of a stretch, Loa Priest: shadowy healer invoking the power of the loa spirits to mend wounds. Only problem i see here is how to allow it alliance side, though i guess it could be converted into the "tinker" on alliance with Grenadier for DPS and Alchemist for heal spec, but that seems like a cop-out.

Maybe a Battlemage class would work as well, give it a tank spec, ranged spec and healer spec? Tank captures the whole "mage in melee" feel, ranged could be mid-range who ducks in and out of melee to deal damage with gap closers and gap makers and healer is your usual derpaherp healer.
    Haha not bad, but how would the community react to having Hunters, Demon Hunters, and Shadow Hunters? xD

7+ Year Old Account
    Anything but Tinker. >_>

In all seriousness: Battlemage, for sure. Though, how about some class using Mail armour? We need to fill that armour-type up!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    I so badly want Necromancer... But alas, I dont think it'll ever be added since it would probably just be a smash-up between Unholy DK and Affliction Warlock.
    The thing about necromancers is that they'd essentially be warlocks. Substitute demons with undead and fire magics with frost magics, and you get something very close to a necromancer with 3 specs: Cursing (Affliction), Reanimation (Demonology) and Frost (Destruction).

Something like a SC 2 Zealot? I always pick that unit in Special Forces custom games. (if you've played)

- - - Updated - - -

It's a long shot, but could you imagine / consider a D3 Ranged Barbarian as a 4th Warrior spec? Constantly throwing axes, steal the Harpoon or use Ancient Spear or something?

Also for 4th Mages, we alredy have arcane fire and frost, which are all magic types. The other 3 types are shadow holy and nature. Warlock Druid and Priest pretty much have those down, with shaman taking the alternative nature route, elements. What would the 4th mage be? And don't say time! Mage mage schools are based on schools of magic, not on dragonflight powers!
    i suppose it could be similar to the sc2 zealot. but if you go back to WoD content, you'll see exarch akama there using two scythes.

the fourth for mage would be blood magic. they haven't fully explained what blood magic is yet. the old lore indicates it's something akin to fel, but not quite fel. idk where the new lore would place it.

also, time can be manipulated by arcane magic. so it'd be another arcane spec if you went with time. just look at the elisande fight to get an idea of where it'd go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The thing about necromancers is that they'd essentially be warlocks. Substitute demons with undead and fire magics with frost magics, and you get something very close to a necromancer with 3 specs: Cursing (Affliction), Reanimation (Demonology) and Frost (Destruction).
    Exactly, which is why I doubt they'll be added..

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Meh, it's clear that borrowing abilities and themes from another class is just fine to do. Death Knights took Death Coil. DHs took Meta. Pretty soon the remaining abilities and spells will be divvied out amongst the other classes and Warlocks will be replaced. :P

On topic, though... Necromancer could be done. Just use the same or similar theme to the "re-imagined" D3 Necromancer that is centered around blood and bone.

I don't think another class is coming for quite a while yet. DH was just added this expansion and was begged for by the masses for a long time, and it fits. If they decide to add another class, though, I hope and pray it is nowhere near melee range, ever. Way too many melee specs now as it is.

I could much sooner see more specs being added instead, such as Earthwarden tank spec for Shamans because it would fit. Give Gladiator spec back to Warriors because that shit was awesome. A third spec for DHs because that just seems right. I could totally see a knife-throwing ranged Rogue spec. Or maybe the same for Warriors, like axe throwing, something perhaps akin to Zul'jin from HOTS? The bonus damage in exchange for taking more damage mechanic already exists for Fury Warriors, so yeah.. I would say Starcaller could be a spec added to Mages, however Arcane is already the magic of order/spacetime, and would sort of overlap.

Tinkers? Yeah, I guess I could see them. They'd have to rework Engineering a bit to avoid overlap there, where they can, before Tinker can be a thing. I could also see the D3 Demon Hunter being brought into the game, rebranded as a different name obviously. I acutally think that would be a blast to play. Call them a shadowstalker or something, IDK.
    Last edited by Soulfròst; 2017-02-03 at 06:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i suppose it could be similar to the sc2 zealot. but if you go back to WoD content, you'll see exarch akama there using two scythes.

the fourth for mage would be blood magic. they haven't fully explained what blood magic is yet. the old lore indicates it's something akin to fel, but not quite fel. idk where the new lore would place it.

also, time can be manipulated by arcane magic. so it'd be another arcane spec if you went with time. just look at the elisande fight to get an idea of where it'd go.
    Oh right, blood mage! I always like how old warlocks leveling up could channel blood funnel and sorta just buff their demon, I would love to see a healer/dps combination for blood mage, where you're a "healer", but you do some dps at the same time, like [old] disc priest. And yeah I don't think 'time manipulation' is a big enough concept to design a spec around. It is all part of 'Arcane', and arcane mage already has had some time-y abilities.

and for the zealot part, I can just imagine a Fury warrior but with 1-handed weapons, then using the Light and zeal to charge and whirlwind through hordes of enemies!

All the righteousness of a Ret Paladin, with the ferocity of a Fury Warrior
    Last edited by Maletalana; 2017-02-03 at 06:25 PM.

How would you solo quest though? strum a guitar and the sound waves do damage? it's just too silly
    There are a ton of NPCs, bosses and player abilities that heal, damage, dot, hot, stun, slow, disorient buff and do pretty much anything players can do via sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Neromancer, despite many idiots claiming it'll be too similar to Death Knights. Well we just got Demon Hunters who are also similarto Warlocks, only being melee instead of casters, so Necromancers will be a caster version focusing mainly of summoning/raising undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Neromancer, despite many idiots claiming it'll be too similar to Death Knights. Well we just got Demon Hunters who are also similarto Warlocks, only being melee instead of casters, so Necromancers will be a caster version focusing mainly of summoning/raising undead.
    You have no inkling of the storm you have unleashed. May the Titans have mercy upon you.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I always see things like Warden, Mountain King etc. I personally think stuff like this would fit better as Subclasses if they want to introduce something like this in any point of the game.
    The only "new" class that I would like to see is Tinker. Basically Heal/Ranged DPS/Tank.

We've seen different robots already. The Healing thing would work with chemicals and stuff like that. Ranged DPS with grenades and lazers. Tanks would sit in a huge mech and go into melee combat like shredders for example or even like I think Mekkatorque was it? In the Broken Shore cinematic.
    I personally think they could put a lot of work into Mechs instead of making it another pet class with robots. I can see robots only as a sort of dot/hot. Like throwing mini robots at an enemy as a dot or to heal allies with little syringes. I think that one is more possible than just making it another Petclass.
    Also, we need a new Mail class and more ranged DPS.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Honestly Mage and Warlock would ideally be the same class. Or Summoner.

Deleted
    While I dissagree with the whole time thing considering past abilities and mages with time spells etc

I think mages can wield arcane lightning or water as a fourth spec. I know water looks like its too close to frost, but there are plenty of water based spells that can differntiate the two. I am thinking splash dmg that builds up as more "dampness" is on the target etc.

A ranged warrior would be fun, but then you are just adding what got taken from hunters in survival for legion. At that point I'd rather they give us a second class to choose from instead of another spec.

I'm surprised that in five pages there's been almost no mention of Dragonsworn.

They could be imagined in almost any manner Blizzard sees fit (ex. it would be easy to imagine a specialization that was inspired by the red dragonflight being either a healer or tank, or the blue dragonflight being either mDPS or rDPS). Not to mention that the events following our adventures on the Timeless Isle suggest that despite the Aspects being decommissioned, their respective flights are still awesomely powerful.

I'd like to see another physical ranged class with a healing offspec that is a hero class. Just to like make a hero class that is not melee/tank and too add another physical range like Hunter.
    Fitting that bill would be pretty difficult given the remaining things.
    But aside that, I would like to see Witch Doctor (for healing) and a system with like tiki masks and such - like the boss in Mists of Pandaria. Large HP pools to spite yourself for quick healing and then use masks or totems for slower heals or generation system similar of runes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    I'm surprised that in five pages there's been almost no mention of Dragonsworn.

They could be imagined in almost any manner Blizzard sees fit (ex. it would be easy to imagine a specialization that was inspired by the red dragonflight being either a healer or tank, or the blue dragonflight being either mDPS or rDPS). Not to mention that the events following our adventures on the Timeless Isle suggest that despite the Aspects being decommissioned, their respective flights are still awesomely powerful.
    I guess they are worried to do that as it doesn't quite fit or people will automatically think Skyrim - I mean the dragon aspects are mortal now so sharing power could be an opening though.