Demonic Opening Rotation?

Hi everyone,

Trying to figure out what the best opening rotation is for Demonic, keeping in mind I have Raddon's. Talents are 3323333.

So far I've been doing the following:

Pre-pot - > Demon's Bite x2 (Arcane Torrent if not enough for Eye beam)-> Nemesis -> Eye Beam -> Blade Dance / CS until just enough energy to Eye Beam again -> Meta -> Eye Beam -> Normal rotation.

Is this more or less the standard opening rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Gylen View Post
    Hi everyone,

Trying to figure out what the best opening rotation is for Demonic, keeping in mind I have Raddon's. Talents are 3323333.

So far I've been doing the following:

Pre-pot - > Demon's Bite x2 (Arcane Torrent if not enough for Eye beam)-> Nemesis -> Eye Beam -> Blade Dance / CS until just enough energy to Eye Beam again -> Meta -> Eye Beam -> Normal rotation.

Is this more or less the standard opening rotation?
    i do wanna know too.

i have been doing this:

Pre-pot -> Nemesis -> Felrush to target -> Demon's Bite x2 -> Eye Beam -> BladeDance(watever the name is on Meta) -> Meta -> Eyebeam -> rotation

Also, it's worth note that your Souls are not consumed if you don't move at all. So you want to get enough souls to reset Meta after opening, then avoid moving if possible until your meta ended. Then you can Pop EyeBeam, have meta up and gather any Souls around. if you are luck enough you can almost have a second double eyebeam.

Not sure if thats a dpsincrease tho, have no idea how to simcraft those stuff.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Deleted
    Fury of the Illidari before the first Eye Beam. And consider taking demon reborn and eyebeam just after you used meta. Then you cs until your fury is gone and collect the orbs.

I do almost the same opening with the insertion of Fury of the Illidari

Pre-pot - > Fel Rush -> Demon's Bite x2 -> Nemesis -> Fury of the Illidari -> Eye Beam -> Blade Dance / CS until just enough energy to Eye Beam again -> Meta -> Eye Beam -> Normal rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    I do almost the same opening with the insertion of Fury of the Illidari

Pre-pot - > Fel Rush -> Demon's Bite x2 -> Nemesis -> Fury of the Illidari -> Eye Beam -> Blade Dance / CS until just enough energy to Eye Beam again -> Meta -> Eye Beam -> Normal rotation.
    so i have a question about this rotation too. im doing just like you, but i noticed that beeing in meta form until 10 secs left or something, i could eye beam again. but this eyebeam doesnt extend the duration of meta. is this intended? and if, why? tooltip says it extends... or is this too OP, so blizz did it on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by DeniNorth View Post
    so i have a question about this rotation too. im doing just like you, but i noticed that beeing in meta form until 10 secs left or something, i could eye beam again. but this eyebeam doesnt extend the duration of meta. is this intended? and if, why? tooltip says it extends... or is this too OP, so blizz did it on purpose?
    I believe Eye Beam only extends the duration of Meta a single time now.

To confirm, it only extends the duration of meta once. I've had the best results with taking demon reborn. My opener is "prepot-felrush-Dbite x2+arcane torrent, Nemesis- FOTI-eyebeam-deathsweep-3x annihilation-deathsweep-2x annihilation (if possible through crits, otherwise throw in a dbite, just have to be sure to get 2x deathsweep and as many annihilations off in first eyebeam meta as possible), end with 50-70 fury, let eyebeam meta fall off, cast real meta, deathsweep, eyebeam, and then spam the shit out of annihilation while straffing back and forth like a madman.

Dont cap fury, make sure you get the maximum number of deathsweeps possible during every meta and when your initial meta falls off, pop eyebeam again. Doing this should give you 54 seconds of meta in the first minute of the fight. I haven't simmed this, but theres a pretty solid chance that prolonged power will pull ahead of oldwar since you'll have meta up so much longer to reap the benefit of that extra 30s of pot.

I also avoid trying to store up soul fragments, there isn't much to be gained by doing that on any fight that I can think of. Think about it this way - you're not going to get your first eyebeam reset in 8 seconds on a pull on any boss fight in NH, and popping meta resets the cd anyway. All you're doing by sitting on them is making it more likely to cap and waste fury when you do eventually move, and losing out on valuable annhilations and deathsweeps. Then, once you've popped meta (presuming you've taken demon reborn, and there is no reason not to), the eyebeam reset has already happened, so it makes any souls you ate in the first 8s worthless for anything other than fury anyway. Then, since you only get one extension of meta through eyebeam anyway, it doesn't matter if eyebeam pops up with 20s to go or 3s to go since you'll be sitting on it until meta falls off either way.

I could see how you'd think "oh hay, I reset eyebeam, I'm still in meta, I'm gonna save up souls and after I do my post meta eyebeam I'll move and get an instant eyebeam reset and extend meta to 1:02" would be a dps increase, by the lost dps during your main meta because you sat on souls and were spamming dbite instead of deathsweep/annihilation, coupled with the fact that you'd have about 300 fury you just overcapped by and wasted during meta means its probs not worth it.

Moral is, there's pretty much no reason ever to sit on souls, make sure you get FoTI off early during nemesis (unless you're saving for adds) and you should be getting 54s of uptime on meta during the first minute of a fight, and you should never ever have to wait to hit deathsweep, you should be tapping that the minute it comes off cd.

Deleted
    during eye beam meta i use deathsweep in most cases with 0,5 sec meta left. meta will extend for the full duration until deathsweep ends. so u can smash ´1-2 extra annhilations. demonic 8 sec uptime, deathsweep 6sec cd.

Sorry, forgot to include Fury of the Ilidari in the rotation. But, yes, I use it right after Nemesis.

Glad to see I'm on the right path.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I do is:
    Dash > DBx2 > Nem > Foti > Eye beam > Deathsweep > Meta > Eye beam.

Deleted
    Was looking for something like this and i found this thread

I recently dinged 110 (havoc) and i will go with demonic build with momentum. Seems a cool build for M+ and HC raids.

I see u talking about openers but whats the normal rotatio after ?

FotI > Eyebeam > Death Sweep > Chaos Strike > Demons Bite ?
    Last edited by mmoc7e8b1c3630; 2017-03-20 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Pretty much. But you should save Eyebeam for outside of meta (as it only extends the duration of your 4min cd once).
    And regarding how long the overall fight goes/you would miss a ds/cs in meta it can be a dps increase to wait for meta to be off before you use foi in meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    Pretty much. But you should save Eyebeam for outside of meta (as it only extends the duration of your 4min cd once).
    And regarding how long the overall fight goes/you would miss a ds/cs in meta it can be a dps increase to wait for meta to be off before you use foi in meta.
    If you have meta up from eye beam you can eye beam again to increase the duration (So you get 46 seconds of straight meta). But outside of that, never use eye beam while in meta (unless you have Raddon's and there's 10+ targets you'll hit for the entire duration).

Deleted
    guys, are you using Eye Beam on single target too?
    many dhs say you should never to it...

Deleted
    We talk about demonic. In demonic you use eyebeam on st.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablito89 View Post
    guys, are you using Eye Beam on single target too?
    many dhs say you should never to it...
    If you spec demonic you should. If you use CB you shouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    If you have meta up from eye beam you can eye beam again to increase the duration
    I just realized how terribly this was written..

If you use Eyebeam before popping meta, you can then use eye beam again (at any point) during the metamorphosis to gain an additional 8 seconds of meta, meaning you get a total of 46 seconds of uninterrupted meta. Then when it ends you should have eye beam ready again, and you can get 8 more seconds right after.

I guess you all using Demonic build on raids and not mythic. Im not using nemesis and i play with momentum + unleashed power for mythic runs. Generally when you are playing with momentum build the key is to have fury for a blade dance and 2 chaos strikes after a fel rush. Second you can que your eye beam with a Vengeful retreat
    and then blade dance. The aoe stun provide extra fragments when use on packs of at least 3 mobs so you can reduce the cd of eye even more. This is what i do since the demonic build shines on mythic + runs and aoe in general. One last thing is that you dont wanna use a fel rush for positioning since its your main damage buff so you oppening is going close to the pack/boss build enough fury for a meta and then fel rush/vengeful retreat + beam + Blade dance...