Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    Clearly you dont know about the black battle tank
    Resources to taken to change the colour of an existing mount from Blue/Red/Yellow/Green to Black - basically zero.

Resources taken to construct entirely new sets, or change the colour of every single set for every single class for every single raid - A metric ass ton, in fact, pretty much double.

10+ Year Old Account
    giving special in game rewards just for a world first on the top of their fame and recognition of the devs would be called bad game design

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    Clearly you dont know about the black battle tank and where did you pull 39 out of lol... I said armor type: plate, cloth, leather, mail. Thats four.
    the black battle tank was still obtained by THOUSANDS as when somone hit the gong others had 12 hours to hit the gong aswell, so LOTS of people have it (still a extreamly minor amount but still, we dont want fucking more hsit like that)
    and even then, with 4 armor types, and 39 raids thats still 156 armor sets

also any set made for a whole armor type is usually bad looking, as they have no class based theme... and wouldent be much of a "gift" what would these armors look like? tha would make them so special?

btw "sacrifice" mosto f these guys rushing for world first have sponsors who pay them a pretty penny to do this... they are not "sacrificing hours" they are "playing a video game, and getting paid for it"

also i pulled 39 from there being a total of 39 raids in the game
    we cant suddenly start doing it now without rewarding people in the past, that would be insanely unfair
    and also more of a "what if" situation... would you really want 156 armor sets made for these people? that you could NEVER wear
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-05 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The world first reward is a bunch of nerds slobbing on your collective knobs hoping they can at some point be that cool in a video game

Deleted
    World firsts can lead to sponsors (rl stuff), the guild gets the prestige from a part of the community- everyone talks about them and are excited to watch the kill video.
    Personally I think its enough !

Yes, offer more rewards to the .000001% of the WoW players. Thats how you focus development time.

They get E-fame and an achievement already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Yes, offer more rewards to the .000001% of the WoW players. Thats how you focus development time.

They get E-fame and an achievement already.
    and money, lots of money from sponsors

I think it would be pretty cool if Blizzard gave something special to the world (or region) first guild. Like a mount with an otherwise unused skin or something.

They couldn't do it though. Often there is debate about who was actually first etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Those guilds already get sponsors to be able to no-life the first X weeks of an expansion/raid, don't they? What more do you want Blizzard to do?

And I'm pretty sure they took out Realm First Level XX achievements because they didn't want to be seen encouraging such unhealthy play habits.
    It'd also be pretty shit if your class was amazing for 9/10 bosses so you were taken but it was super weak for the final boss so you were on the bench while the 20 people who were in got the achieve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    You know what would be a cool, humble and simple way to do this? Carve their name in to the raid summoning stone. A little tiny plaque at the bottom that would list World First and Realm First completion. It's nothing extravagant, you're already rewarded with gear, achievements and mounts so there isn't any need for anything like that. Just a small ode to the champions who first defeated the raid.
    Hell no, I wouldn't want the little immersion that remains in the game to be ruined with totally out of the game feature. Don't forget WoW is a RPG, not a race simulator. As such like 99% of the playerbase don't care one bit about the so called PVE competition in the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Those guilds already get sponsors to be able to no-life the first X weeks of an expansion/raid, don't they? What more do you want Blizzard to do?

And I'm pretty sure they took out Realm First Level XX achievements because they didn't want to be seen encouraging such unhealthy play habits.
    also they took our realm first level XXX because of a few reasons

most players would rush through leveling content missing all the story and fun quests, simply to try and get realm first, cause you neverk now you may get lucky
    people who got beta got an advantage and well... they cant give EVERYONE beta
    and also lastly usually somone would get realm first by doing some weird thing they found on beta like in cata how alot of realm firsts were guild groups farming the super faster spawning naga on the beach of twilight highlands, they gave less exp, but they spawned so quick, and in a group could be aoed down super fast and NPCS would help you kill them so yeah9

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    your opinion means fuckall to other players.

i dont care about world firsts its not anything special to me. it happens every damn tier.

micro holidays are fun, i deserve to have fun things just like you deserve to have new raid tears.

7.1.5 is a half of a patch, for us plebs that enjoy fun stuff. you get the other prominent patches.
    My aren't you cranky good sir.

Your opinion also, means "fuckall" to other players, equally so.

And Micro holidays were already In the game, Day of the Dead, Pirate's Day.. In some respect New Year's Event as well. They're just trying to put a highlight on new "Micro holidays" and make It out to be a big deal, rather then just adding them like "Oh yeah, If we didn't mention here's more micro holidays just for fun"

If they added It In some whatever patch I wouldn't mind. But they add It In even a half-patch, and think It's a big feature of the game.

And If you think 7.1.5 Is something you "Plebs" can enjoy, well good for you. Enjoy Pandaland timewalking and micro holidays. But respect the opniions of other player and listen to their side, maybe they have a point and you're just being an Ignorant blind fanboy to even listen to anyone else but Blizzard.

Good day sir

/Slams door
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyahamd View Post
    Yeah we get new raid tiers.

Why do you have to flame OP for missing one dot? lmao, go back to reddit.
    i didnt flame over a dot. i bolded the 5 not the dot. the 5 is to show its a lesser patch, that would give us things like micro holidays, its nothing major, its small fun stuff for people who dont give a shit about mythic mode bullcrap or min/maxed gear.

also.. i spelled tears right. because qq, somebody got something fun instead of my precious raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    and your opinion means fuckall to other players. lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Velikanthehunter View Post
    Oh my god the irony.. Why should your opinion matter to us, if the OP's don't?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Your opinion also, means "fuckall" to other players, equally so.
    my opinion doesnt mean more than the op's, but i didnt state anything of opinion in my post.

• people dont really care about the OP opinion, this is true. somebody will care, but not everyone.
    • i dont care about world firsts, this is not opinion i truly dont care.
    • micro holidays are fun, again truth. some people find them fun.
    • i deserve fun things just as much as raiders deserve new raid content. again, truth.
    • 7.1.5 is a half path with mostly simple fun things, truth.

And Micro holidays were already In the game, Day of the Dead, Pirate's Day.. In some respect New Year's Event as well. They're just trying to put a highlight on new "Micro holidays" and make It out to be a big deal, rather then just adding them like "Oh yeah, If we didn't mention here's more micro holidays just for fun"
    that was my point. you didnt quite comprehend it correctly. im on the side of adding more fun to the game. micro holidays are seen as fun to some people, myself included. there are still raids being produced for those that only care about raids. nothing wrong with that. occasionally they are going to make fun stuff, instead of finding a way to make the OP feel more special about his raid tears.

If they added It In some whatever patch I wouldn't mind. But they add It In even a half-patch, and think It's a big feature of the game.

And If you think 7.1.5 Is something you "Plebs" can enjoy, well good for you. Enjoy Pandaland timewalking and micro holidays. But respect the opniions of other player and listen to their side, maybe they have a point and you're just being an Ignorant blind fanboy to even listen to anyone else but Blizzard.
    i listened to his side, and bluntly disagreed with it.

i recognize he is mad that the devs "wasted time" on creating my idea of fun content, how big you think that content is, will differ among all players. im not debating how big YOU view it as a feature. to me, its small potatoes compared to a new raid tier. again thats my opinion of it and im not trying to convince anyone to share my opinion.

although blizzard shares my opinion of expanding on TW or expanding micro holidays to be minor features when compared to new raids or questing zones much like what is added during their more prominent tier patches.

the op wants more recognition for beating a raid at the expense of additional minor features, good for him, im glad blizzard hasnt found the reason to choose more recognition for something and ignoring other aspects like TW and Micro Holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i doubt that these days a WF is that special...

ofc it is special in terms of everything surrounding. but in the grand scheme of things.... naaaah. to me, black temple WF was special. naxx40 was special. Lich WF was special. Sunwell was special. but Guldan WF ? Its just 1 of the top guilds had more lucky RNG than the others and killed a meaningless endboss in a meaningless streamlined millenials-game. nothing special there. at least for me.
    do you even play the game anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    but i didnt state anything of opinion in my post.

• people dont really care about the OP opinion, this is true. somebody will care, but not everyone.
    • i dont care about world firsts, this is not opinion i truly dont care.
    • micro holidays are fun, again truth. some people find them fun.
    I'm not sure you understand what an opinion is.

OT: no, world firsts do not deserve extra rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    do you even play the game anymore?
    ofc.

my statement is not "in the good ol days everything was more difficult and challenging". this may be true for a lot of aspects in this game, but not for myth raiding.

no. my statement/problem is way more simple: RNGesus. you can roll a dice, and in universe nr2 method (or any other of the WF race guilds) has the WF. the amount of RNG these days is absurd.

and RNG is what killing every aspect of interest for WF races. if i want that, i could watch ppl playing black jack or roll dices. RNG heavyness was the moment when they lost me. the fine nuances of skill where lost. ofc there was RNG too, years ago. but RNG in Legion ? no. sorry. not interesting at all. at least for me.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-02-06 at 01:17 AM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Special rewards for world 1st? No! , Mythic teams are bigger then 20 usually, and lots of mixes between alts & stuff depending on raid makeup/situations , would complicate special limited rewards.

World 1st is even much much more limited then Realm first ever was.

Sort of like how they removed the server first class achievements etc, it's not healthy to go for "firsts".
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    You know what would be a cool, humble and simple way to do this? Carve their name in to the raid summoning stone. A little tiny plaque at the bottom that would list World First and Realm First completion. It's nothing extravagant, you're already rewarded with gear, achievements and mounts so there isn't any need for anything like that. Just a small ode to the champions who first defeated the raid.
    This is a very cool idea, they could do the same at the end of the expansion with groups that get the higher Mythic+ of each dungeon too.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    This, like what they did in dota2 for each years international winners. a small tribute.