Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Literally exactly for the same reasons male circumcision is done in the US. Percieved cleanliness, aestethics and being the culturally "normal thing".
    thats strange, so the Jews have been doing it to men for ... a long time.. many other nations do it to males, yet its not called Mutilation? seems like im still not fully understanding the issue. sorry, not wanting to argue, just trying to understand it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the US is the capital of the world for genital mutilations.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    Are you scared that your 99.9% similarities in genomes compared to "eastern" folks will be the death of you?
    Why don't you start making kids left right and center? Or is it hard? Does your culture take raising children differently than other cultures? Does capital influence the amount of children you want?
    You seem to be a prisoner in your own cultural/economic boundaries with precarious morals.....
    Instead of focusing on a specific culture you fear, how about convincing your people that overpopulation is real and that everyone should have a "child tax" imposed on them. Seems a much more reachable goal instead of forcing your will on 1.6 billion people.
    What are you talking about?
    Genomes have nothing to do with what many eastern people choose to practice on a daily basis.
    I can choose do i want to mutilate or rape - same as they can, but it seems we often end up deciding differently.

I do not make children because i do not want any children?
    Why should i have to make 10 kids because some other culture in my country does the same?
    Should we all start making children like chickens lay eggs in hopes of "out populating" the other cultures so we can out-vote them? LOL

By european law you can not ban someone from having a child.
    If you mean taxing someone financially because they have a lot of children, that would only result in those families even more heavily relying on social funds/help.
    Meaning that the regular european citizens would have even higher taxes to pay for the (ever increasing number of) eastern families that intentionally multiply and often do not work or at least do not pay taxes.

Forcing my will?
    Banning rape, mutilation and other barbaric violations of human rights within the confines of my own country is considered forcing my will?
    Mate if you want to live in a country that values those eastern traditions then you can find PLENTY of such countries in the east.

Meanwhile lets keep countries like france/germany/uk and others more akin to what europeans are used to.
    God knows there are many more "eastern themed" countries in the world than there are civilized countries in Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the US is the capital of the world for genital mutilations.
    The thread is about FGM in the UK, not circumcision in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Dude I know already you're a sucker for propaganda. I don't think it's worth getting into this argument with you.
    You don't have any arguments, you rely solely on 'The West is evil and everything they do is evil, everywhere else is good', then hope nobody points out that is bollocks and cry when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Genomes have nothing to do with what many eastern people choose to practice on a daily basis.
    I can choose do i want to mutilate or rape - same as they can, but it seems we often end up deciding differently.

I do not make children because i do not want any children?
    Why should i have to make 10 kids because some other culture in my country does the same?
    Should we all start making children like chickens lay eggs in hopes of "out populating" the other cultures so we can out-vote them? LOL

By european law you can not ban someone from having a child.
    If you mean taxing someone financially because they have a lot of children, that would only result in those families even more heavily relying on social funds/help.
    Meaning that the regular european citizens would have even higher taxes to pay for the (ever increasing number of) eastern families that intentionally multiply and often do not work or at least do not pay taxes.

Forcing my will?
    Banning rape, mutilation and other barbaric violations of human rights within the confines of my own country is considered forcing my will?
    Mate if you want to live in a country that values those eastern traditions then you can find PLENTY of such countries in the east.

Meanwhile lets keep countries like france/germany/uk and others more akin to what europeans are used to.
    God knows there are many more "eastern themed" countries in the world than there are civilized countries in Europe.
    In your other posts you mentioned that these precarious "eastern cultures" tend to have 3-10 children, and this topic seemed to be worrying you. Are you specifically scared of some "white genocide" with brown babies overtaking the US after their pubescence?

What do you think of the US being the capital of the world for genital mutilations?

Your worries seem more directed towards Islam than anything, even though female mutilations are nearly only practiced in the Saharan region of Africa.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    FGM is certainly NtCTitW (Not the Coolest Thing in the World), but I'm not one to judge cultures different from my own. Besides, I'm no expert, but there ARE perks to experiencing reduced sexual desire - the Eunuchs were told to possess uncanny wisdom.
    This is a very cynical view on the matter. Also, eunuchs are special cases, while FGM is done on a broad scale. Imagine if men would be castrated in general, it would lead to violence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iccycold View Post
    But exactly this is happening every day to boys when they get circumcised, no one is asking about their consent.
    It is time to end this double standard when it comes to FGM compared to MGM.
    I agree with you in that point. Male circumcision is only OK for medical reasons, not for religious reasons. Honestly, what are these people thinking, if they are thinking at all - that you express your piety with your dick? WTF is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post

Also:
    It should be pointed out (again) that the UK's definition of FGM includes voluntary genital piercing carried out on consenting adults.

A case of female genital mutilation is either discovered or treated in England every hour, according to analysis of NHS statistics by a charity.
    Among those who attended, a case of FGM is newly recorded every 92 minutes on average.
    "Tanya Barron, chief executive of the charity Plan International UK, which analysed the statistics, said:"These figures are once again a reminder of the global prevalence of FGM as we mark international day of zero tolerance today.
    So labia minora and majora piercings are considered in the statistics in the UK for FGM's?

Hmmmm....

Something is wrong with that.

Seems the results are skewed when it comes to demonizing the small minorities doing it in England.

In your other posts you mentioned that these precarious "eastern cultures" tend to have 3-10 children, and this topic seemed to be worrying you. Are you specifically scared of some "white genocide" with brown babies overtaking the US after their pubescence?
    What do you think of the US being the capital of the world for genital mutilations?
    Your worries seem more directed towards Islam than anything, even though female mutilations are nearly only practiced in the Saharan region of Africa.
    This is a really simple concept, so I'll go over the basics:

In western countries an average Western families have 1 child per 1 family.
    When that child grows up in ~18 years it can give 1 vote where it thinks it is right.
    That one child will, based on statistics, make 1 child at some point in their lives.
    That one child will, on average, repeat a similar process.

In those same western countries an average Eastern family will have anywhere between 3 to 10 children per family.
    Those children will in 18 years vote as they think it is right, but due to the very strict culture and upbringing they will probably think as their parents do.
    Those children will, based on statistics, EACH make about the same number of children but maybe even at a earlier point in their lives.
    The children of those children will repeat a similar process, exponentially multiplying (since every child strives for a big family due to culture).

It is rather simple to see how that works:
    Eastern people reproduce faster than western people due to their culture/religion.
    Since 1 person = 1 vote, in a few decades eastern "Minorities" will easily rival the current western majority.

None of that would be a problem if eastern families in western cultures wanted to actually integrate into western cultures and values.
    However eastern families much more prefer their "exotic" rules and traditions and actively refuse to even consider banning at least the most extreme and violent aspects.

Right now those eastern families are a relative minority without absolute voting power to change whatever law they want.
    However in a couple of decades the voting majority will most likely be in their hands to do as they want.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2017-02-06 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    This is a very cynical view on the matter. Also, eunuchs are special cases, while FGM is done on a broad scale. Imagine if men would be castrated in general, it would lead to violence.
    According to the WHO, the number of women who have had their willy wonker chopped off numbers up to around 200 million, and that number is primarily concentrated in Africa, the Middle East and Asia. So, this is not happening on as broad of a scale as some of the SJWs in this thread seem to think.

Male castration on the other hand would, quite simply, lead to the extinction of the human race. A woman that has been FGM'd can still bear children.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    A disturbingly high number, but with zero prosecutions in the past three decades I doubt anything will change any time soon.
    you know why? cause prosecutions against FGM would lead to same ones against MGM and there are groups with great influence in our society who don´t want this to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    thats strange, so the Jews have been doing it to men for ... a long time.. many other nations do it to males, yet its not called Mutilation? seems like im still not fully understanding the issue. sorry, not wanting to argue, just trying to understand it better.
    It's a case of one thing is seen as normal in one culture and the other thing is not, even though ethically there's not difference.

This is a good read if you want to understand it better: https://aeon.co/essays/are-male-and-...lly-equivalent

Basically what it boils down to is this:

In western culture, all forms of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is (rightly imo) seen as barbaric and unethical, completely unnecessary and criminal, and when people think about FGM we envision the most severe forms of it where basically the clitoris and parts of the labia are chopped off and sometimes sewn back together.

In certain western countries, Male Genital Mutilation (circumcision) is seen as a normal thing, a "rite of passage" for a newborn male baby or kid and culturally accepted as part of the process of growing up, and when people think about circumcision they envision the least severe forms of it which has little or no medical problems, little or no impact on sexual capacity and dubious claims by certain researchers about percieved health benefits.

The reality, as always, lies somewhere in between. In western countries, ALL forms of FGM is (rightly so) banned, doesn't matter how minor or severe it is. The most commonly practiced forms of FGM are however comparable to male circumcision. Things like cutting off all or parts of the clitoral hood, nickings and peircings of different kinds are medically no worse than cutting the foreskin off a penis. The severe forms of FGM that people think about are rare even within cultures that practice FGM.

There's also the added "bonus" of dubious health benefits to male circumcision, which are only claimed by American researchers and doctors. Basically no European researcher or doctor agrees with those claims. Male circumcision can also be hazardous, lots of newborn males are hospitalized and/or die every year due to complications from circumcision, but this is usually brushed off as exceedingly rare cases by circumcision advocates.

As for FGM there are also medical complications (cutting into flesh in often less than sanitary conditions tend to do that) as well as sexual complications. As for percieved health benefits there's no way of knowing, because all such research would be unethical and probably criminal.

The USA has a society bias to believe male circumcision is normal since it was introduced in the 1800s for lots of dubious reasons, to combat masturbation was one of them. Hopitals have an economic gain from performing circumcisions, which basically explains why only American doctors and researchers tend to find any kind of benefit from circumcision. These 2 reasons are the only reasons why circumcision is still a thing in the US.

Deleted
    is queen ok or she got mutilated also?

10+ Year Old Account
    You literally buy into basic propaganda.

And no I argue until I realise there is no way to change their mind or they have no intention of actually listening.

I'm just aware the whole world is evil and I wont stand for vilifying people that are just as bad as the rest of us.
    I have never condoned the mutilation of children, unless for medical necessity, so you are applying a cultural equivalency that does not exist in reality.

You would turn a blind eye to barbarism and that is grotesque.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    It's a case of one thing is seen as normal in one culture and the other thing is not, even though ethically there's not difference.

This is a good read if you want to understand it better: https://aeon.co/essays/are-male-and-...lly-equivalent

Basically what it boils down to is this:

In western culture, all forms of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is (rightly imo) seen as barbaric and unethical, completely unnecessary and criminal, and when people think about FGM we envision the most severe forms of it where basically the clitoris and parts of the labia are chopped off and sometimes sewn back together.

In certain western countries, Male Genital Mutilation (circumcision) is seen as a normal thing, a "rite of passage" for a newborn male baby or kid and culturally accepted as part of the process of growing up, and when people think about circumcision they envision the least severe forms of it which has little or no medical problems, little or no impact on sexual capacity and dubious claims by certain researchers about percieved health benefits.

The reality, as always, lies somewhere in between. In western countries, ALL forms of FGM is (rightly so) banned, doesn't matter how minor or severe it is. The most commonly practiced forms of FGM are however comparable to male circumcision. Things like cutting off all or parts of the clitoral hood, nickings and peircings of different kinds are medically no worse than cutting the foreskin off a penis. The severe forms of FGM that people think about are rare even within cultures that practice FGM.

There's also the added "bonus" of dubious health benefits to male circumcision, which are only claimed by American researchers and doctors. Basically no European researcher or doctor agrees with those claims. Male circumcision can also be hazardous, lots of newborn males are hospitalized and/or die every year due to complications from circumcision, but this is usually brushed off as exceedingly rare cases by circumcision advocates.

As for FGM there are also medical complications (cutting into flesh in often less than sanitary conditions tend to do that) as well as sexual complications. As for percieved health benefits there's no way of knowing, because all such research would be unethical and probably criminal.

The USA has a society bias to believe male circumcision is normal since it was introduced in the 1800s for lots of dubious reasons, to combat masturbation was one of them. Hopitals have an economic gain from performing circumcisions, which basically explains why only American doctors and researchers tend to find any kind of benefit from circumcision. These 2 reasons are the only reasons why circumcision is still a thing in the US.
    thanks. for the info. and understanding, just trying to educate myself on this as its seems to be more and more in the news these days..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    This figure is somewhat inaccurate. Any sort of piercings get counted among this.
    That's pretty stupid. If someone has a vhc piercing they are counted?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't. But I wont turn a blind eye to bigotry either. Doctors in the UK commonly mutilate the genitals of intersex children. So there is some equivalency to be made.
    Commonly mutilate intersex children? How commonly is commonly? It is not a cultural practice, so once again you are applying a false equivalency.

Unless you have something else to add aside from unsubstantiated personal attacks can you stop?
    For them to be unsubstantiated, they would need for you to have not tried to make up false equivalencies, but you did so, so they aren't.

Male circumcision can be worse than FGM rules UK senior judge

http://www.inside-man.co.uk/2015/01/...-senior-judge/