Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    OP you're a fucking idiot.

Worth the infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Surely you see the irony?
    The thing is though, I wasn't doing a jab at the Right. I was making a jab at everyone who shouts out loudly. "X company did something I disagree with politically, I refuse to throw money at it!"
    I think it's alright to boycott a company, but I don't find Orlong's way of doing this to be constructive. I also don't find the idea of protesting against a company for this to be constructive either, allthough I do believe a protest (as in marching in the streets, for example) can be more effective, I don't find that very constructive either.

To make it as clear as I can. I won't protest or boycott a company just because they make a statement regarding politics, and I find it to be a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its insulting because its a patriotic hymn 2nd in reverence only to the National Anthem, and they shit on American culture by singing it in languages other than English. Back in the old days people immigrated to the US and assimilated to our customs and learned English. They didnt expect us to bend over backwards to accommodate theirs
    Yes, they assimilated in the culture, which is why the U.S. had semi-segregated ethnic towns like chinatowns and german neighborhoods.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    So basically what you're saying.....

Either say something everyone else likes, or shut the fuck up and keep your opinion to yourself. But allow everyone else's opinions be correct? lol

Again, MURICA.
    Don't be a fucking bigot/racist or other flavor of asshole.

You wanna have conservative views or liberal views or lint-collecting hippie views you go right to it. Do it without being a hater.

I have to agree, I was sickened by those adds. How come in every add promoting diversity, white people are the minority?

The coke adds were the worst. If you were an Alien watching them, you wouldn't know white people existed in America. Butchering the anthem made me sick too. You will assimilate if you want to be here, not warp our culture. News Flash: Regardless of the USA not having an official language, it is indeed English. Learn it, love it, deal with it or get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Oh please...
    The left boycotted an entire state. That includes each and every company within its state lines.
    If you're talking about Indiana and/or North Carolina, it wasn't a bunch of angry mouth-breathers making signs and posting memes on the internet. It was a large contingent of the United States, backed by corporations and major organizations that boycotted the state.

There's also a huge difference between boycotting a movie because a woman is the lead or boycotting a chain of stores because they had a lesbian couple in an advertisement, and an entire state deciding to institute dangerous, bigoted practices, and enshrine discrimination into law.
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-02-06 at 03:35 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Whatever.
    You are only allowed to a lefty here.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Sounds like OP could use a safe space! Here, I got you covered!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlewick View Post
    The thing is though, I wasn't doing a jab at the Right. I was making a jab at everyone who shouts out loudly. "X company did something I disagree with politically, I refuse to throw money at it!"
    I think it's alright to boycott a company, but I don't find Orlong's way of doing this to be constructive. I also don't find the idea of protesting against a company for this to be constructive either, allthough I do believe a protest (as in marching in the streets, for example) can be more effective, I don't find that very constructive either.

To make it as clear as I can. I won't protest or boycott a company just because they make a statement regarding politics, and I find it to be a waste of time.
    Very good sir. If only the rest of mmo-champion had a similar mindset. Have an excellent day.

Deleted
    Oh, look. Orlong is triggered! LOL
    "Why can't you guys accept my intolerance? 'Murica! MAGA!"

I'm all for letting everyone, including Orlong, speak their mind and exercising their free speech. Let's me know the kind of person you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I have to agree, I was sickened by those adds. How come in every add promoting diversity, white people are the minority?

The coke adds were the worst. If you were an Alien watching them, you wouldn't know white people existed in America. Butchering the anthem made me sick too. You will assimilate if you want to be here, not warp our culture. News Flash: Regardless of the USA not having an official language, it is indeed English. Learn it, love it, deal with it or get out.
    Good lord, that's plasma levels of hot take.

Ads promoting diversity have less white people and more under-represented peoples? Golly, that's a shocker. Could it be that a vastly huge part of the world isn't white?

And get back to your safe space, snowflake. Butchering the anthem by singing it in another language? lol, getouttahere with that. Stop being so fragile.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    It's not butchering, though? How come that barely anyone in other countries gets super offended if someone sings their anthem in English; but doing the same with an American one in another language is some sacrilege that is only happening because "the nation is catering to people who do not want to assimilate"?

I am sorry, but it seems some of you are taking this way, way too serious. Having a commerical with a different language won't herald the end of the modern American world. Your culture will still be there and the sun will still rise again tomorrow, I promise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    There's also a huge difference between boycotting a movie because a woman is the lead or boycotting a chain of stores because they had a lesbian couple in an advertisement, and an entire state deciding to institute dangerous, bigoted practices, and enshrine discrimination into law.
    That false equivalence is always great. "They're just opinions, bro!" But they conveniently fail to describe what those opinions are. There's a pretty huge difference between the opinion that "this Ghostbusters reboot is probably going to be terrible" and "this segment of the population doesn't deserve the same rights as the rest of us." Yeah, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But not all opinions are created equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    If you're talking about Indiana and/or North Carolina, it wasn't a bunch of angry mouth-breathers making signs and posting memes on the internet. It was a large contingent of the United States, backed by corporations and major organizations that boycotted the state.

My mistake, it was TWO states? That makes it even more companies that got boycotted by the liberals.

Very impressive tbh. They should openup in the EU very fast:

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It started out with the Google gay pride ad, then we got the repeat of the Cocacola insult to America ad from 2014 that started by boycott list, by desecrating a national hymn, and promoting that its good for others to shit on American culture instead of embracing it and assimilating.
    TLDR: I hate the people who don't hate the people i hate.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Whatever.
    I hope you are not just now figuring that out.

"Assimilating to American culture." You realize dating all the way back to the first colonies America was meant to be a combination of cultures right? "The great American melting pot" of cultures is about as American as it gets. The U.S. is awesome because of multiculturalism.

I am going to actually hate on Audi for that women pay gap commercial. That was straight cringe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Whatever.
    When do I get my lefty in my mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I hope you are not just now figuring that out.
    I figured that out when bias mods started showing up.
    No one can be neutral or right here.
    Lefty only here or else you get treated like shit.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor