Thread: Fury DPS Issues

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury DPS Issues

Hi guys,

I'm having some issues with my warrior's DPS and was hoping to get another set of eyes on what's going on. I know on Auger used my potion at the wrong time (Don't hate on the PoPP, I'm cheap when it comes to normal fun runs haha)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=8&source=15
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Orogg/advanced

Focus primarily on Krosus and Star Auger, as I didn't mess with my talents or focus that intently on the other fights involving AoE, was mainly using this to benchmark my ST damage for now.

Specifically, it seems my enrage time is far lower than it should be. I messed up and let Juggernaut fall off on one (maybe both? but I think it was just one) of the fights execute phases. Outside from that, I'm having difficulty understanding what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

P.s. I was using a STR/Mastery WQ trinket during these fights in place of the Might of Krosus, which I got on the Krosus kill that night.
    [Insert Witty Signature Here]

Way too low Haste, Fury works with haste, anything below 25% and you cant "play" Fury properly, 30% is the aim either way, for GCD, faster attacks, smoothness of the spec, there is a reason everyone keeps yelling 30% HASTE.

Stop going for ilvl, HASTE IS GOD.

Which means, unless the item is a Versatility/Mastery with 30 ilvl difference than the Haste one, you WEAR THE HASTE BASED ONE, especially for Helm/Chest where they are the biggest stat sticks.

Haste>>>> Mastery>>> Versatility

When you reach 4 set and 895 ilvl it becomes Haste>Mastery>= Versa and for whatever magical reason if you have the 30% haste and perfect items it becomes Mastery> Haste to put Mastery over the "excess" Haste.

Strength doesnt exist in there, stop going for Strength aka ilvl until you have fixed your haste.

Your opener is wrong, according to your Krosus log you went..Charge-->RB-->Rampage-->OF-->BT-->RB.

Charge-->Rampage-->RB-->OF-->BT-->RB is the correct order without Draught.

You used Avatar 3 times, 2 out of those 3 it didnt overlap BC.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-02-06 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Way too low Haste, Fury works with haste, anything below 25% and you cant "play" Fury properly, 30% is the aim either way, for GCD, faster attacks, smoothness of the spec, there is a reason everyone keeps yelling 30% HASTE.

Which means, unless the item is a Versatility/Mastery with 30 ilvl difference than the Haste one, you WEAR THE HASTE BASED ONE.

When you reach 4 set and 895 ilvl it becomes Haste>Mastery>= Versa and for whatever magical reason if you have the 30% haste and perfect items it becomes Mastery> Haste to put Mastery over the "excess" Haste.

Strength doesnt exist in there, stop going for Strength aka ilvl until you have fixed your haste.

Your opener is wrong, according to your Krosus log you went..Charge-->RB-->Rampage-->OF-->BT-->RB.

I have 31% Haste with food, 44% Mastery, BiS Relics, CoS ring, awful leg but still a good gear for ilvl 890 and still doing low dps. Can you help me? lol

You battle cry rotation is incorrect. Check the sticky thread on this forum and read up on the basics. CD's (Battle Cry/Avatar/Racial) - Rampage - Raging Blow - Odyn's Fury - Bloodthirst - Raging Blow.

Try to always overlap Avatar with Battle Cry. It is worth holding Avatar to line up with Battle Cry.

Gearing is of course helpful, but playing correctly is much more important. Disregard what Potis said. There is no breakpoint or percentage of haste required. Simming is your friend with gearing properly. In general, you want to prioritize haste (especially since you are lacking). Again, read Archi's sticky post to get some more insight to all of this.
    Last edited by HockeyVG; 2017-02-06 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vansher View Post
    I have 31% Haste with food, 44% Mastery, BiS Relics, CoS ring, awful leg but still a good gear for ilvl 890 and still doing low dps. Can you help me? lol
    Dont know, gief gear?

Deleted
    nobody can help you if you don't show us any logs

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyVG View Post
    Y
    Gearing is of course helpful, but playing correctly is much more important. Disregard what Potis said. There is no breakpoint or percentage of haste required. Simming is your friend with gearing properly. In general, you want to prioritize haste (especially since you are lacking).
    If only 7.1.5 didnt change values, if only NH gear didnt have proper itemization.

30% is a goal cause we dont have a choice with the shit itemization of NH, someone else isnt reading stuff properly.

If only 7.1.5 didnt change values, if only NH gear didnt have proper itemization.

30% is a goal cause we dont have a choice with the shit itemization of NH, someone else isnt reading stuff properly.
    People keep citing this 30% figure, which is a remnant of the pre-reckless abandon battle cry window. 30% is simply the point where mastery starts to overtake haste in weight, and even then it's slight. People keep perpetuating this 30% figure, and then others read that and think they must stay at 30% haste regardless of anything.

Ok, thanks for the feedback.

One thing though, in regards to my gearing, I'll doublecheck my bags but for the most part I have given that high priority you describe to haste gear. The warrior has had horribad luck with drops, so I had to take what I could get at this point. I did lose quite a bit of haste when I equipped my legendary ring (Was using an 870 cyclopean with a socket) tanking some Mythic+, would you wear the cyclopean band over the Sephuz?

I've already fixed my opening sequence issue since then, but I'll keep an eye on lining up my cds better. Aside from that, it seems to be primarily a gear optimization issue then?

Thanks again for the feedback.
    Last edited by Carnivale; 2017-02-06 at 03:38 PM.
    [Insert Witty Signature Here]

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyVG View Post
    People keep citing this 30% figure, which is a remnant of the pre-reckless abandon battle cry window. 30% is simply the point where mastery starts to overtake haste in weight, and even then it's slight. People keep perpetuating this 30% figure, and then others read that and think they must stay at 30% haste regardless of anything.
    Which i mentioned at the OP

Its not my problem people dont understand or cant sim themselves, OP has 19% Haste, nowhere near enough, at least the goal of 30% is the first thing he should fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivale View Post
    One thing though, in regards to my gearing, I'll doublecheck my bags but for the most part I have given that high priority you describe to haste gear. The warrior has had horribad luck with drops, so I had to take what I could get at this point. I did lose quite a bit of haste when I equipped my legendary ring (Was using an 870 cyclopean with a socket) tanking some Mythic+, would you wear the cyclopean band over the Sephuz?
    Not if Sephuz is your second legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivale View Post
    Ok, thanks for the feedback.

I've already fixed my opening sequence issue since then, but I'll keep an eye on lining up my cds better. Aside from that, it seems to be primarily a gear optimization issue then?

Thanks again for the feedback.
    There is a toy that you can macro and trigger Sephuz which makes it good, and i already said your problem is Chest/Helm, your 2 biggest stat sticks.

Deleted
    Just get draught of souls and gg

Which means, unless the item is a Versatility/Mastery with 30 ilvl difference than the Haste one, you WEAR THE HASTE BASED ONE, especially for Helm/Chest where they are the biggest stat sticks.

Simming is god, not haste. I have no idea where this mindset comes from, do not forsake ilvl and strength at the cost haste unless it is an upgrade. Yes you are low on haste but the "30 ilvls unless its haste" is not at all a rule or something to follow. Learn to sim your character to get correct information about your stats and what piece is an upgrade for you, especially once you get tier, as mastery generally tends to take over. Example, for me with 4p, my mastery value is 13.69 and my haste value is 11.38, and that's with me sitting at 28.18% haste. Here's a decent guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTwtNJPhD74 Keep in mind, Pawn isn't always right, and the only true right answer is to sim every piece of gear against each other. Like Archi says in his fury guide, I still use haste gems and enchants even when mastery is my highest stat due to QoL stuff.

The rest of his info is correct, fixing your burst CD combo and making sure to ALWAYS have a BC combo inside of Avatar will help the most straight off the bat. Alot of our damage is loaded into our CD's and not using them properly will hurt you the most.
    Last edited by globezorz; 2017-02-06 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benigne View Post
    nobody can help you if you don't show us any logs
    So, here they are.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...639053/latest/

Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    snip
    I know this stuff, i sim myself all the time, i sim friends to help all the time.

I wont sit here and write a 2 page essay for some random that doesnt really care much.

So yes, Haste is god works best for these type of people that dont really care to improve, but they know they are supposed to "do better".

Its a few Fury basic rules to help them without wasting to much time posting.

30% Haste? No? Get it.

Know your rotation? No? Train it.

4 set? No? Get 30% Haste then and prioritize Mastery, so get Haste/Mastery items.

4 set and 895 ilvl? Yes? Mastery is better than Haste then, most people stick between 25-30% Haste, do what you want.

Those 4 sentences is what 9/10 of these posts need as an answer cause they all have 1 similar thing.

Low haste, terrible openers and no clue that fury actually has a "rotation", and as i already said, they do not really care to improve they just click warcraft logs, same ilvl and they see that:

"Oh, 888-890 warriors do 500k dps"
    I do 300K.
    HALP.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-02-06 at 10:43 PM.

So, here they are.
    I just looked at normal trill to get an idea of what's wrong. It's hard to look at your heroic logs because you die a lot... but here's my observations from it

Stop using potions of prolonged power, your costing yourself 30k dps... we have to rely on burst windows and Old war lines up perfectly with avatar/bc/odyns Also your enrage uptime during execute phase us horrendous... and you didn't use odyns as often as you should have... that's not even going into too much detail, I'm sure if I wanted to I could easily nitpick and point out more issues.

Quick look from your Star Augur Normal kill.

Wrong opener.

You dont overlap Avatar with BC, you simply use on CD so by luck on your 5 Avatar casts,only 3 overlapped and those the last 5 seconds and you didnt use on pull? :S I will assume it was on CD or you forgot.

You have about 2 times, one for 20 seconds, one more for 10 seconds where you sit at 100 Rage, you Rampage immediately when Frothing pops sitting at 100 Rage is a no-no.

I can assume Icy Injection and then Fel, but you can leap away the last second or two for Icy, no excuse for 20 seconds of 100 rage ;p

Potion of Old War,not prolonged..But ye on normal kills and slacking maybe? But still, No.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-02-06 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviriato View Post
    I just looked at normal trill to get an idea of what's wrong. It's hard to look at your heroic logs because you die a lot... but here's my observations from it

Stop using potions of prolonged power, your costing yourself 30k dps... we have to rely on burst windows and Old war lines up perfectly with avatar/bc/odyns Also your enrage uptime during execute phase us horrendous... and you didn't use odyns as often as you should have... that's not even going into too much detail, I'm sure if I wanted to I could easily nitpick and point out more issues.
    To be honest I have some trouble to maintain Enrage during Execute phase. I really need to improve this.

Quick look from your Star Augur Normal kill.

Wrong opener.

You dont overlap Avatar with BC, you simply use on CD so by luck on your 5 Avatar casts,only 3 overlapped and those the last 5 seconds and you didnt use on pull? :S I will assume it was on CD or you forgot.

You have about 2 times, one for 20 seconds, one more for 10 seconds where you sit at 100 Rage, you Rampage immediately when Frothing pops sitting at 100 Rage is a no-no.

I can assume Icy Injection and then Fel, but you can leap away the last second or two for Icy, no excuse for 20 seconds of 100 rage ;p

Potion of Old War,not prolonged..But ye on normal kills and slacking maybe? But still, No.
    Why wrong opener?

Yeah i'm poor, i'll not use Old War on Normals... Costs 600g each in my realm but can change for Heroic. Anyway Odyn's Fury i should use only with BC or on CD?

Why wrong opener?
    Yeap sorry, abilities were overlapping and colors werent showing but Avatar stands, you seem to pop it on CD instead of delaying it a bit to cover all of BC.