Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Death Knights in lore

Do they wear Saronite in the lore even tho we are already in nighthold,
    and who would win a 1v1, Paladin or Deathknight

- - - Updated - - -

oh and, if the paladins would attack acherus (which i doubt) who would win? lore wise

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They wear saronite if they mogged into it.
    The better one/the one who is in current Meta.
    Paladins can't attack anything that is further than 30 yards so they can't reach acherus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They wear saronite if they mogged into it.
    The better one/the one who is in current Meta.
    Paladins can't attack anything that is further than 30 yards so they can't reach acherus.
    Don't forget we are in the lore forum

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that in a 1v1, Paladins and in a great scale fight, Death Knights

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I would say that in a 1v1, Paladins and in a great scale fight, Death Knights
    But why? Why would a paladin win a 1v1 and DKs a great scale fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedion View Post
    Do they wear Saronite in the lore even tho we are already in nighthold
    Speaking strictly from a lore point of view, what does Nighthold has to do with wearing Saronite or not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Speaking strictly from a lore point of view, what does Nighthold has to do with wearing Saronite or not?
    Would say that dks normaly wear saronite but like the gear would be 'normal' plate

Deleted
    Would say that dks normaly wear saronite but like the gear would be 'normal' plate
    What does that have to do with Nighthold specifically, since you mentioned it yourself?

Deleted
    spoiler for dk campaign here

during the final mission the dk's succesfully assault the paladin stronghold to ressurect tirion, though "the light" wont allow the ressurection of him, we have no problem suppressing the paladins.

so dks would win handsdown in an allout battle

10+ Year Old Account
    Dk have the advantage of being able to create units (cannon-fodder) to deplete the strength of their enemies, also because they are undead, their units will never get tired, not matter how much they fight (so a wave like fight, will be always be won by the Dks -unless we have the holy ground shenanigans-)

In a 1v1, well... the Paladin can deal with most of the DKs short temp problems (diseases and curses -can be cleansed-) and their attacks are extremely effective against Dks (So if they are going to fight, its going to be a short fight, let the fight take the long rote and the DK may win but unlikely in a 1v1)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    What does that have to do with Nighthold specifically, since you mentioned it yourself?
    well just latest tier and i like the raid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Dk have the advantage of being able to create units (cannon-fodder) to deplete the strength of their enemies, also because they are undead, their units will never get tired, not matter how much they fight (so a wave like fight, will be always be won by the Dks -unless we have the holy ground shenanigans-)

In a 1v1, well... the Paladin can deal with most of the DKs short temp problems (diseases and curses -can be cleansed-) and their attacks are extremely effective against Dks (So if they are going to fight, its going to be a short fight, let the fight take the long rote and the DK may win but unlikely in a 1v1)
    I seeeeeee your point yes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valsharia View Post
    spoiler for dk campaign here

during the final mission the dk's succesfully assault the paladin stronghold to ressurect tirion, though "the light" wont allow the ressurection of him, we have no problem suppressing the paladins.

so dks would win handsdown in an allout battle
    well at the same time the highlord wasnt present there but i see your point

Do they wear Saronite in the lore
    Probably not anymore. The blacksmith NPC comments that "saronite isn't good enough anymore" in his complaints about the orders he's given.
    Last edited by CookieEater; 2017-02-06 at 03:49 PM.

Deleted
    well just latest tier and i like the raid
    You can't ask for Lore points and then compare to ingame. There are no levels, no itemlevels, no expansions in lore. There is one world and Saronite gear rocks for DKs, regardless of newbie 55s straight out of the grasp of now-dead-dead Arthas or running through the tomb of sargeras.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    Probably not anymore. The blacksmith NPS comments that "saronite isn't good enough anymore" in his complaints about the orders he's given.
    Oh? That is interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not anymore. The blacksmith NPS comments that "saronite isn't good enough anymore" in his complaints about the orders he's given.
    He may mention it, but its mainly because DKs have access mainly to that (Not like they have a big work force, though not like its hard for them to get a work force -Looking at those Scarlet Crusaders that got transformed into Ghouls)

Oh? That is interesting
    They definitely used to wear Saronite, or at least the elites did. There's a lot of lines about it, not to mention the gear you accumulate during the starter zones. Just look up Grand Siegemaster Corvus quotes and related quests.

The quote from the new Acherus version is: "Grand Master Siegesmith Corvus says: Make the weapons better, Corvus! Saronite isn't good enough anymore, Corvus! .. Bah! I'll show them what I can do to a blade."

10+ Year Old Account
    They definitely used to wear Saronite, or at least the elites did. There's a lot of lines about it, not to mention the gear you accumulate during the starter zones. Just look up Grand Siegemaster Corvus quotes and related quests.

The quote from the new Acherus version is: "Grand Master Siegesmith Corvus says: Make the weapons better, Corvus! Saronite isn't good enough anymore, Corvus! .. Bah! I'll show them what I can do to a blade."
    So that's basically saying: "They don't know what shit they are talking about, let have a TRUE master Blacksmith show them!" (So yes, still Saronite) -Though that alone would make Dks armor better than the Paladins armor -at least, for the general troops-

I disagree with the paladin win a 1v1, it depends which paladin and DK in lore we are talking about. Only reason Tirion defeated Arthas was because we gave him the opening when Arthas was trying to raise us from the dead. If it was just a straight up fight in a neutral location, chances are Arthas would have won. That being said, the average pallie should be able to defeat the average DK 1v1 in lore.

In a great scale fight, DK would win hands down. Every slain human can be risen on the battle field to increase troops is the very reason, it is why the undead are so deadly. So a large scale battle where both sides lose soldiers, the dk's are going to get reinforcements no matter what.

The only reason the Undead didn't take over Azeroth was because of the small part of Arthas' humanity holding them back, it is why Bolvar declared that he would take over as the Lich King, the jailer of the damned.

This then leads into Legion, if you have done the DK campaign, it is basically explaining that we have a weapon of bringing back our fallen to keep fighting which Bolvar is trying to do.

- - - Updated - - -

This will change the next time we fight Yogg Saron and his blood becomes valuable in game again lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post
    I disagree with the paladin win a 1v1, it depends which paladin and DK in lore we are talking about. Only reason Tirion defeated Arthas was because we gave him the opening when Arthas was trying to raise us from the dead. If it was just a straight up fight in a neutral location, chances are Arthas would have won. That being said, the average pallie should be able to defeat the average DK 1v1 in lore.
    Arthas was not a Dk at that point, he was the Lich King, also... we are talking more in the sense of, Random Paladin Manzon fight Random DK Peter

In a great scale fight, DK would win hands down. Every slain human can be risen on the battle field to increase troops is the very reason, it is why the undead are so deadly. So a large scale battle where both sides lose soldiers, the dk's are going to get reinforcements no matter what.

The only reason the Undead didn't take over Azeroth was because of the small part of Arthas' humanity holding them back, it is why Bolvar declared that he would take over as the Lich King, the jailer of the damned.

This then leads into Legion, if you have done the DK campaign, it is basically explaining that we have a weapon of bringing back our fallen to keep fighting which Bolvar is trying to do.
    Also they have no concept of Stamina (What do you mean our troops are.... tired?)

Ashbringer vs. Arthas = 2-0

Scoreboard fam. Scoreboooaaard.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.