Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    So that's basically saying: "They don't know what shit they are talking about, let have a TRUE master Blacksmith show them!" (So yes, still Saronite) -Though that alone would make Dks armor better than the Paladins armor -at least, for the general troops-

No, the quote implies that he's being ordered to use other materials than Saronite, presumably for the same reason we heroes are looking for legendary weapons - we face our strongest enemy ever so we need the best we can get, so any unit wearing new stuff is not wearing Saronite. If they haven't handed out new gear to all Ebon Blade members already.
    And the fact that he disagrees doesn't mean that Saronite is better. If anything, it's just what he's good at working with.
    Last edited by CookieEater; 2017-02-06 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbadubba View Post

The only reason the Undead didn't take over Azeroth was because of the small part of Arthas' humanity holding them back, it is why Bolvar declared that he would take over as the Lich King, the jailer of the damned.
    That was pure speculation on Uther's part and proved to be wrong, the only reason Arthas held the scourge back was for the players to follow in his footsteps, they were his masterplan, the strongest fighting force on Azeroth. So that they ultimately would return from Northrend, just like him, to lay waste to the world. Which is precisely what he tries during the boss encounter and is stopped by tirions deus ex machina move.

Arthas was not a Dk at that point, he was the Lich King, also... we are talking more in the sense of, Random Paladin Manzon fight Random DK Peter
    The Lich King is a Death knight.

It was not specified if it was a random pallie fighting a random dk.

10+ Year Old Account
    a small group of death knights destroyed paladins ON holy ground during the dk campaign so ye, dk wins
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted

Well I did mean it like that
    sorry :X

10+ Year Old Account

The question is who would win in a 1 v 1 pallie or DK

So because of the question you should use the standard of both.

The Arthas fight vs Tirion, is not a fight between a Palie and a DK, its between the Lich King and a Pally (and other 10 or 25 heroes), Uther and Arthar on the other hand (when they fought Arthas was just a DK) -don't compare the power of a DK with the Lich King-

Not the player, but the troops likely still wear Saronite, yeah.

In a 1v1, on an even power level, I think a paladin wins pretty much every time. If we ignore the fact that lorewise being a paladin means you are immune to disease, we've also just generally seen god knows how many times in lore that the most painful and repelling force for an undead is the Light. Paladins are practically made to slay the undead and death knights are likely no exception.

As far as an invasion goes...Acherus is a floating fortress of death. Unless you can knock it out of the sky, it's really not gonna go down. And paladins aren't exactly known for their exceptional artillery. If paladins found a way on it, they'd still be in a corrupted citadel of death knights and their undead minions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    No, the quote implies that he's being ordered to use other materials than Saronite, presumably for the same reason we heroes are looking for legendary weapons - we face our strongest enemy ever so we need the best we can get, so any unit wearing new stuff is not wearing Saronite. If they haven't handed out new gear to all Ebon Blade members already.
    And the fact that he disagrees doesn't mean that Saronite is better. If anything, it's just what he's good at working with.
    Well most likely be done for the high ranked DKs (like the Player) but unlikely to be the case for the general troops

The question is who would win in a 1 v 1 pallie or DK

So because of the question you should use the standard of both.

The Arthas fight vs Tirion, is not a fight between a Palie and a DK, its between the Lich King and a Pally (and other 10 or 25 heroes), Uther and Arthar on the other hand (when they fought Arthas was just a DK) -don't compare the power of a DK with the Lich King-
    It still wasn't specified, he is asking in the Lore forum so it would be right to assume that it is actual characters in game. Without that specification then what I originally said stands.

The Lich King at the top of ICC is a DK, his powers and abilities were that of a DK, though his abilities were more powerful then the average DK, the same would stand for Tirion. In Lore the Lich King that was slain by Tirion was a DK.

Deleted
    It still wasn't specified, he is asking in the Lore forum so it would be right to assume that it is actual characters in game. Without that specification then what I originally said stands.

The Lich King at the top of ICC is a DK, his powers and abilities were that of a DK, though his abilities were more powerful then the average DK, the same would stand for Tirion. In Lore the Lich King that was slain by Tirion was a DK.
    well I said a few posts above, just an average pally against dk
    Last edited by mmoceaa15b6523; 2017-02-06 at 04:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valsharia View Post
    spoiler for dk campaign here

during the final mission the dk's succesfully assault the paladin stronghold to ressurect tirion, though "the light" wont allow the ressurection of him, we have no problem suppressing the paladins.

so dks would win handsdown in an allout battle
    idk how that's a spoiler, campaign been available since legion launch.

nor does that mean anything, not only were most of the paladins not there, but the attack was pretty much a surprise.

Formerly known as Arafal

Well most likely be done for the high ranked DKs (like the Player) but unlikely to be the case for the general troops
    The elites definitely get the good stuff first. You can see this in the DK starter zone questline: saronite was in short supply (as they were in EK, not Northrend) so it was being rationed and only given to the best. That said, if there is no shortage in supply, once the elites are equipped the lower ranks will be fitted too.

Anyway, we can agree that DKs used to wear Saronite (especially when it used to be in large supply from Northrend) but they're phasing it out for better stuff now?

AFAIK Paladins in lore ar immune to diseases, one of the features that makes them so efficient at fighting undeads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    The elites definitely get the good stuff first. You can see this in the DK starter zone questline: saronite was in short supply (as they were in EK, not Northrend) so it was being rationed and only given to the best. That said, if there is no shortage in supply, once the elites are equipped the lower ranks will be fitted too.

Anyway, we can agree that DKs used to wear Saronite (especially when it used to be in large supply from Northrend) but they're phasing it out for better stuff now?
    I'm not sure if they are, but i do agree that they are planning on changing the Saronite armor with something else (Though that only make DKs even more mightier as an army)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoaoPinga View Post
    AFAIK Paladins in lore ar immune to diseases, one of the features that makes them so efficient at fighting undeads.
    Yeah, that's why i said they are going to win in a 1v1 (they have way too many counters for their normal arsenal)

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    When you have a paladin with the full backing of the light they are going to wipe the floor with the dk 9 times out of 10. Even the player dk flees the lights wrath,however in a 1v1 the av dk is probably going to win. The 2nd attack on lights hope had the majority of the paladins in the priest hall
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-02-06 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I love how people argue that DKs are so much stronger than Palas because of the final DK class campaign quest. You guys do know that there were several factors that heavily favored DKs, right?

1. The main Silver Hand fighting force was at the priest order hall helping them against a legion attack and therefore wasn't there to fight the Death Knights.
    2. Following point 1, aside from Liadrin (and I think Maxwell Tyrosus? can't remember who the other one was), there were mainly recruits with little to no combat experience and ordinary argent dawn guards present.
    3. As someone already stated they had the element of surprise, because the Paladins didn't expect the Ebon Blade to attack their allies.
    4. And the biggest of them all, the DKs had the allmighty PC with them, wielding an artifact of great power aswell.

I'm not debating whether a Paladin or a Death Knight is stronger, but people need to stop using the class campaign as an argument, as it was heavily weighted in favor of Death Knights (who still got their ass kicked by the light).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I love how people argue that DKs are so much stronger than Palas because of the final DK class campaign quest. You guys do know that there were several factors that heavily favored DKs, right?

1. The main Silver Hand fighting force was at the priest order hall helping them against a legion attack and therefore wasn't there to fight the Death Knights.
    Do you have this confirmed from somewhere? I mean Maxwell was present at the attack on lights hope AND in the priest order hall

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post

2. Following point 1, aside from Liadrin (and I think Maxwell Tyrosus? can't remember who the other one was), there were mainly recruits with little to no combat experience and ordinary argent dawn guards present.
    3. As someone already stated they had the element of surprise, because the Paladins didn't expect the Ebon Blade to attack their allies.
    4. And the biggest of them all, the DKs had the allmighty PC with them, wielding an artifact of great power aswell.

I'm not debating whether a Paladin or a Death Knight is stronger, but people need to stop using the class campaign as an argument, as it was heavily weighted in favor of Death Knights (who still got their ass kicked by the light).
    I wouldn't say that Liadrin and Maxwell were just 'recruits', but... Maxwell: Had 3/4 Horsemen + Darion at him. Liadrin: Facing the leader of the Ebon Blade.

But yeah, 1vs1: Paladins would win, for sure. Considering that the undead are weak to the light, and the Paladins wield light... yeah. Not to mention that Death Knights tends to use plague abilities, those things won't work on Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by valsharia View Post
    spoiler for dk campaign here

during the final mission the dk's succesfully assault the paladin stronghold to ressurect tirion, though "the light" wont allow the ressurection of him, we have no problem suppressing the paladins.

so dks would win handsdown in an allout battle
    Not really.

You (the player character aka death lord) was there. Along with the horsemen.

The only paladin that was in our class hall was liadrin. The high lord (us the player characters) weren't present and a few of our champions weren't either.

Basically all of the Paladins strongest forces including the highlord, Lothraxion, Brightmane and Delas Moonfang were all absent from the order hall at the time. Meanwhile, all of the strongest DKs were present including the horsemen, Darion and the deathlord (you).

So no, it was an extremely unfair fight and you guys still lost so..
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-02-06 at 10:57 PM.

Paladin Vs Death Knight

On Holy Land: Paladins. Simply, mainly because it's holy land....

On Death Land: Death Knights. Mainly because it's death land....

On Other Land: Hard to say. I'm going to have to go with Paladins though. Mainly because they can erase undead with ease, use their light to break through bonds, and easily use their faith to break a blade...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Not really.

You (the player character aka death lord) was there. Along with the horsemen.

The only paladin that was in our class hall was liadrin. The high lord (us the player characters) weren't present and a few of our champions weren't either.

Basically all of the Paladins strongest forces including the highlord, Lothraxion, Brightmane and Delas Moonfang were all absent from the order hall at the time. Meanwhile, all of the strongest DKs were present including the horsemen, Darion and the deathlord (you).

So no, it was an extremely unfair fight and you guys still lost so..
    Ikr? Liadrin was right there, and she still won. However, that was mainly because of 1 reason: Holy Land....