Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Where is Magtheridon?

You know, the Pit Lord that Illidan chained up and have his blood drained to create Fel Orcs? The one demon who probably has the most personal grudge against Illidan? The Pit Lord that, according to all sources, "is so powerful that not even Illidan can beat if not for Kael and Vashj"

We killed him in TBC in Hellfire Citadel, which means his soul got sent to Nether and he's likely alive now. But so far in Legion there isn't a sight of him, not even in 7.2 (As far as I can tell). Instead, we got other Pit Lords like Brutallus and Azgalor.

Did Blizzard forgot about him or what?

I don't think he is forgotten, seeing that Blizzard at least remembered about him enough to named a Legendary after him (Magtheridon's Banished Bracer). Blizzard probably either deemed him not important enough to bother bringing back, or they already planned to put him in future unreleased content(s). They can just say that Magtheridon is terrible at regenerating his body and is still in process of doing so.

Although, I'm not quite sure what your "all sources" were. As of "Illidan", although they had only traded a few blows, Illidan didn't have much issue fighting with Magtheridon. He just needed Kael & Vashj to help with his spell of binding.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Having a sexy Orgy with Mannoroth and Mother Shahraz.

Aye and im still waiting for Varimathras and Azzinoth to show up
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

He could be in the Argus raid. Would be cool to help Illidan kill him and they could banter.

I'm still waiting for Azzinoth.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    You know, the Pit Lord that Illidan chained up and have his blood drained to create Fel Orcs? The one demon who probably has the most personal grudge against Illidan? The Pit Lord that, according to all sources, "is so powerful that not even Illidan can beat if not for Kael and Vashj"

We killed him in TBC in Hellfire Citadel, which means his soul got sent to Nether and he's likely alive now. But so far in Legion there isn't a sight of him, not even in 7.2 (As far as I can tell). Instead, we got other Pit Lords like Brutallus and Azgalor.

Did Blizzard forgot about him or what?
    I think he should have shown up in WoD, at the bottom of Hellfire Citadel as a boss isntead of Mannoroth. Of course I also think they should have made HFC wings the same as the ones from TBC.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Magtheridon's essence was being drained to create Illidan's Fel Orcs, it's possible that this process has either greatly slowed or even stopped his reincarnation in the Twisting Nether. With his essence dissipated across the Fel Horde it may be difficult for him to regain his original power.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I think he should have shown up in WoD, at the bottom of Hellfire Citadel as a boss isntead of Mannoroth. Of course I also think they should have made HFC wings the same as the ones from TBC.
    I really wanted the final boss of WoD (before the Tanaan patch was announced) to be Grom riding a dragon (don't ask me where he got it) on the same platform where we fight Vazruden. It would be poetic to have our last memories of Warlords recall one of our first of Burning Crusade, even more so now that Legion is a thing, an expansion built almost solely around BC nostalgia. It was also disappointing the Shattered Halls didn't return with Kargath retaining final boss status, his throwaway death was the second most disappointing in the expansion, next to Doomhammer's.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I really wanted the final boss of WoD (before the Tanaan patch was announced) to be Grom riding a dragon (don't ask me where he got it) on the same platform where we fight Vazruden. It would be poetic to have our last memories of Warlords recall one of our first of Burning Crusade, even more so now that Legion is a thing, an expansion built almost solely around BC nostalgia. It was also disappointing the Shattered Halls didn't return with Kargath retaining final boss status, his throwaway death was the second most disappointing in the expansion, next to Doomhammer's.
    All the final wing bosses of HFC should have been the warlords.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Magtheridon wasn't just beaten, he was drained for years. I think it would be stupid for some demons to just respawn like nothing happened to them, we have demons like Brutalis and others who are amputees so it might be safe to say that full resurrection isn't a common occurrence(Sargeras still MIA in canon) and that some damage they take can be permanent.

Could also be that Magtheridon isn't being allowed resurrection due to his failure at losing Outland to Illidan, who caused the Legion huge losses.

Or they're saving him for a reunion with Illidan going forward... blizzards lame like that :/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Magtheridon wasn't just beaten, he was drained for years. I think it would be stupid for some demons to just respawn like nothing happened to them, we have demons like Brutalis and others who are amputees so it might be safe to say that full resurrection isn't a common occurrence(Sargeras still MIA in canon) and that some damage they take can be permanent.

Could also be that Magtheridon isn't being allowed resurrection due to his failure at losing Outland to Illidan, who caused the Legion huge losses.

Or they're saving him for a reunion with Illidan going forward... blizzards lame like that :/
    Tichondrius failure in felwood cost the Legion the third war and he got resurrectedAlthough it does certainly appear that Mephistroth outranks Ticondrius for the failure.

If blizzard remevered Mephistroth and gave him such a huge role. I doubt Magtheridon wont be used. You need some lore names to use in Argus like Mal Ganis , Varimathras and Magtheridon with Sargeras that have deep seated hooks the major charcters and players.

Afterall after 7.2 Archimonde is dead , kiljaeden is dead, Ticondrius , Mephistroth and Balnazzar are dead. Thats a loy 9f the Legions absolute top command
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-02-06 at 04:45 PM.

Deleted
    Well Magtheridon got killed on Outland.
    I dont know if Outland (pretty mutch a demon planet by that time) was still outside the void.

But anyways if he comes back then Aggonar should be aswell.

I await Prince Malchezaar AND THE LEGIONS HE COMMANDS!
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-02-06 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Didn't he die in the Nether? Err, Netherspace, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Didn't he die in the Nether? Err, Netherspace, I guess.
    Heh yeh I guess he did. Damn I forgot the top of the tower somehow goes into the Nether back then as well. I'll settle with Jaraxxus then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    I want to FACE JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!

But really, we have Argus incoming, I am sure we will see quite a few familiar faces there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Well Magtheridon got killed on Outland.
    I dont know if Outland (pretty mutch a demon planet by that time) was still outside the void.

But anyways if he comes back then Aggonar should be aswell.
    Kazzak would like a word with you
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Most of them will be in Argus where we kill the main commanders of the legion

I mean... Illidan was dead until this patch.
    If he has a beef, Argus is where he'll be able to demonstrate it.