Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think you're kinda reaching if you think them updating a incredibly dated model means we are getting a Scourge expansion. The reality is likely as simple as 'almost all DK's have that talent and have been clamoring for us to give them a non 11 year old model'.

Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    Arent u guys paying ANY attention to whats going on? Il'gynoth gives u a hint, so does odyn, so does star augur. Old gods are on the horizon and N'zoth will be released from his prison once the pillars of creation (5 keys) are used by the lord of ravens (Odyn). It will start as soon as we enter tomb of sargeras, there are Minions of the Old Gods that will be at work while we have to tend to the legion.

Il'Gynoth tells us our fighting him is a waste of time, as we serve the same master, we are literally doing exactly what N'Zoth wants in getting the pillars of creation.

As far as a new Lich King expansion, the threat is def still there. If u recall the visions of Yogg'Saron, there is an instance where Arthas is torturing Bolvar, there is some influence there by Yogg.

And do not forget, C'thun and Yogg are still very much alive.

Edit: Odyn isnt a good guy. He is the prime designate, but he did not agree w/ the dragon aspects becoming empowered by the titans. He actualy got angry, took part of ulduar and flew it up to the sky which is halls of valor. He killed helya and turned her into a val'kyr to steal souls to have them become his chosen warriors, she later banished him in his own realm, much in the same was she banished the elemental lords (she was a powerful sorceress)
    Finally somebody actually talking sense.

Next expansion revolving around Old Gods is pretty much a guarantee right now, for all the reasons listed above.

Lich King (or Queen!) 2.0 expansion is very much a probability and I enjoyed reading the thread, but overall - come on folks - it's pretty clear that Old Gods, Naga and Azshara are coming, and LK 2.0 will have to wait for its turn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    I thought they were updating the Abomination model for the DK pet. Doubt they have any plans as an undead expansion for the next one. The next expansion seems like it's going to be focusing on the Old Gods and N'Zoth.
    And as much as I love conspiracy theories - THIS x 10.

They update models from time to time, it's as simple as that.

IF every undead model got mysteriously updated, clearly indicating major amount of design work invested into this, sure, THEN there's something going on...

This is nothing though.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    Arent u guys paying ANY attention to whats going on? Il'gynoth gives u a hint, so does odyn, so does star augur. Old gods are on the horizon and N'zoth will be released from his prison once the pillars of creation (5 keys) are used by the lord of ravens (Odyn). It will start as soon as we enter tomb of sargeras, there are Minions of the Old Gods that will be at work while we have to tend to the legion.

Il'Gynoth tells us our fighting him is a waste of time, as we serve the same master, we are literally doing exactly what N'Zoth wants in getting the pillars of creation.

As far as a new Lich King expansion, the threat is def still there. If u recall the visions of Yogg'Saron, there is an instance where Arthas is torturing Bolvar, there is some influence there by Yogg.

And do not forget, C'thun and Yogg are still very much alive.

Edit: Odyn isnt a good guy. He is the prime designate, but he did not agree w/ the dragon aspects becoming empowered by the titans. He actualy got angry, took part of ulduar and flew it up to the sky which is halls of valor. He killed helya and turned her into a val'kyr to steal souls to have them become his chosen warriors, she later banished him in his own realm, much in the same was she banished the elemental lords (she was a powerful sorceress)
    Actually Loken took the title of prime designate from Odyn when Helya betrayed him and subsequently banished him to HoV and started making Kvaldir. As far as the circumstantial old god whispers, they could also be referring to Medivh or Khagdar. Though the 5 keys is definitely pillars of creation. It's going to be what happens to them post closing the legion portal that sets up the next expansion.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I cant understand why people seeing how horribly its done in legion and still want this bullshit.
    Scaling by leveling is shit:
    #1 I dont like to never get stronger - beeing as strong as a level 1 is just bullshit in a rpg
    #2 if scaling it should scale to you item level not to your char level (best example why this is bad is to see in game when you level from 100-109 = ev erything is okay, 110 = boom you get hit by trucks cause mobs are developed for toons with gear 840 to be equal)
    it works well in heaps of games, it is how they scale that is the issue, making old zones scale would make them relvevant even if they are scaled to be 1-2 levels under you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Do you have literally the scale and scope of what you're asking? Blizzard can barely put together Legion as a last ditch effort to make up for the abomination (HAH) that was WoD. Something like this could only be achieved if Blizzard literally doubled their entire work force and split them up among the continents.
    Yes and no they did it for cataclysm, it was nice, all they need to do is set one team for the new expansions content and one team for old world scaling/repair.
    they did say they doubled the team for wow to increases content and we havent seen/gotten much of that.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    god no on the last part...... force scaling needs to die with legion, they can work something out for WQs i guess but gaining a level needs have some meaning in power growth relative the mobs around you. For the life of me i dont know why the made us go from 100-110 in Legion since all the mobs are now 110 out in the world. That and each zone felt like a patch that was loosely connected vs previous xpacs.
    Each to their own, but read what i said above it could work depends on how the scaling is done. gotta learn from your mistakes and repeat them as much as possible to get them right.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    I see no heavy Scourge presence on the Broken Isles.
    TBH, I don't see that much of demons there either ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    more like a cataclysm type expansion; remake every old zone lmao
    lmao yea, what a joke still to this day
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    it works well in heaps of games, it is how they scale that is the issue, making old zones scale would make them relvevant even if they are scaled to be 1-2 levels under you.
    Level scaling doesn't work. A world without levels might, but level scaling is just a conceptual absurdity.
    Yes and no they did it for cataclysm, it was nice, all they need to do is set one team for the new expansions content and one team for old world scaling/repair.
    they did say they doubled the team for wow to increases content and we havent seen/gotten much of that.
    Yeah and Cataclysm was totally a great expansion that left a great impression and should be repeated ! /sarcasm
    Redoing the old world was a huge undertaking which sucked dry the rest of the expansion, and which was pretty divisive in the end and far from being universally praised.
    It's like the class fantasy debacle of Legion : tons of work for something that in pretty underwhelming and more often than not a step back. No thanks.
    Each to their own, but read what i said above it could work depends on how the scaling is done. gotta learn from your mistakes and repeat them as much as possible to get them right.
    The only way to make scaling works is not to add scaling, but to remove levels and just build your game without the concept of them.

Maybe, but I would much rather prefer the old gods expansion ideas that are floating around. Actually do something with the Nerubians this time, and show us Nzoth and his underground city!

Isn't that update for DK players (as abomination pet)? There no need to look that deep into it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Level scaling doesn't work. A world without levels might, but level scaling is just a conceptual absurdity.
    Then have the zones scale to be more difficult and have the rewards scale with the Difficulty?

make it relevant again instead of having 50+Gigabytes of data donwloaded taking up space we are never going to see again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I like scaling ablity for any zone, not world quests for any zone.
    either/Either, would be good.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Fixed it for you.

repair all old zones, and enable World Quests and Scaling ability to be able to do Any Zone at any level, and still have a relevant challenge and enjoyment.

THIS would be so cool.

I'm kinda expecting a Wrath 2 to be incoming. Considering a lot of recent homages to TBC (both WoD and Legion) it feels only natural to move onto a Wrath 2 and milk the success of WotLK. As much as I didn't like WotLK myself, it does make sense for them to address the new Lich King and what has been happening since we left Northrend.

Actually Loken took the title of prime designate from Odyn when Helya betrayed him and subsequently banished him to HoV and started making Kvaldir. As far as the circumstantial old god whispers, they could also be referring to Medivh or Khagdar. Though the 5 keys is definitely pillars of creation. It's going to be what happens to them post closing the legion portal that sets up the next expansion.
    Most likely, the Tidestone of Golganneth. Remember in Azsuna quest line, where Azshara basically fixed the stone for us (It was shattered). I bet she tempered with the stone somewhat, and when Odyn uses the 5 Pillars, boom, free N'Zoth.

Odyn using the Pillars of Creation make more sense to me than Khadgar or Medivh simply because he actually USED THEM BEFORE during the shaping of Azeroth. Khadgar's experience with Pillars are limited to the books in Karazhan's library, while Medivh is just being...Medivh.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed it for you.

repair all old zones, and enable World Quests and Scaling ability to be able to do Any Zone at any level, and still have a relevant challenge and enjoyment.
    You know...N'Zoth breaking free can result in a world reshaping cataclysm just like...Cataclysm, so it's not entirely impossible

Then have the zones scale to be more difficult and have the rewards scale with the Difficulty?

make it relevant again instead of having 50+Gigabytes of data donwloaded taking up space we are never going to see again.
    There is a very easy way to make the whole game more relevant : less power inflation.
    But keeping a retarded power inflation while scaling everything with it, is just nonsensical - it just amounts to adding zeros at the end of numbers, while destroying any progression at the same time. It accomplishes nothing but adding two flaws to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I'm kinda expecting a Wrath 2 to be incoming. Considering a lot of recent homages to TBC (both WoD and Legion)
    Legion and WoD are more pissing on TBC tomb than actual homage.

I think you're right, but this time themed around Old Gods and eldritch magic corrupting Azeroth.

Old Gods are clearly inspired by Lovecraftian abominations, and almost all of his stories often has a strong recurring theme of necromancy. Considering we now know the Void Lords are the rulers of essentially WoW's version of Purgatory, I think the next time we see the Old Gods they're going to have a drastically different theme more true to their roots, with a lot of undeath and insanity.

Yes, Loken convinced Helya to betray Odyn, who was the prime designate at the time. Loken then became the prime designate, and later odyn became it again once loken was felled.

Its not news that blizz likes to pull material from lovecraft and norse mythology, so when the whispers make mention of the "lord of ravens" Odyn fits the bill better than anyone as Odin is also the lord of ravens in mythos. Also, Odyns physical manifestation on azeroth pre-curselift also is accompanied by raven companions who absolutely hate u as u can gather from the emotes they give off when u get close to them. Odyn makes mention he is to go to Ulduar and consult with the other keepers, he had a premeditated plan ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I think you're right, but this time themed around Old Gods and eldritch magic corrupting Azeroth.

Old Gods are clearly inspired by Lovecraftian abominations, and almost all of his stories often has a strong recurring theme of necromancy. Considering we now know the Void Lords are the rulers of essentially WoW's version of Purgatory, I think the next time we see the Old Gods they're going to have a drastically different theme more true to their roots, with a lot of undeath and insanity.
    We can only wish, I really hope they make the enemies scary and unsettling. Make the Old gods physical manifestations bigger, and no silly frog-face yogg lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashkiman View Post
    Yeah because updating the abomination model that hasn't been touched since 12 years ago means they gonna release an undead expansion.
    Totally
    Kinda gotta agree with this, it's something Unholy DK's have been complaining about since they abomination was made obtainable in the beta...I mean it's not like other things aren't getting update for the patch...

What are they going to do? Lich King 2.0? That would be a move that I imagine would piss off a lot of people after so much *reuse* recently...with Illidan coming back and seeing Gul'dan again...

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Legion and WoD are more pissing on TBC tomb than actual homage.
    I can buy WoD, it certainly failed to deliver overall, though I felt the "untouched" Draenor still made for an interesting continent knowing how it turned out with Outlands being so familiar. I can't agree about Legion because I think it's simply the best expansion since TBC. And I would still say it's neck and neck. I think like with most things, nostalgia plays a big part and as much as I love TBC, there's definitely nostalgia involved that you simply can't recapture with a new expansion, though I'd argue Legion comes close and offers other things instead.

But I think quality of the expansion aside, they have really been putting in the Legion-flavor in the last two expansions so I do kinda expect them to bring out a new story involving the new Lich King and the undead.

God I hope so... and I also hope that they'll slowly but surely start repairing the damage done by Cataclysm, and update ALL zones and ALL in-game mobs to have textures worthy of the recent zones seen in-game...

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Doubt it, it's gonna be an old god expansion so I am pretty sure we're getting Rastakhan / Zul, N'zoth and Azshara and probably a few zones remade to fit the "old god corruption" theme
    I doubt they're gonna remake the whole thing though.