Enhancement Assistance Please

Hello all,

I don't know where else to go for help. I've been struggling with enhance since the changes in 7.1.5. Originally I thought it was a gear issue because I was performing okay on some fights in Heroic NH, but as I've gotten more gear over the past week, my numbers haven't gone up. Here are the logs from my raid tonight: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&difficulty=0

I had been using Windsong and Overcharge last week, but noticed that it was just not working out, so when I swapped to Tempest instead, my numbers were about the same, so I've been using Windsong, Tempest, and FoA, like the Wordup guide says. Here's a link to my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heart/advanced

I've run a few sims, but I'm new to sims and I'm not sure I'm inputting the data right, so it's not worth mentioning the outcomes. Basically, I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I tested out the Hot Hands talent on the dummy tonight after raid, and I did a Windsong test too, and for some reason, they were withing 10k of one another, with Hot Hands coming out on top. Windsong seemed to give me a bigger opening burst, but I was higher more often and for longer with Hot Hands, though by the time I stopped after 4 minutes for each, they were so close it was barely worth mentioning. Any advice is welcome, thanks.

-Don

P.S. I'm also using Chesder's TellMeWhen strings, so maybe there's a problem with those. If anyone has WeakAuras strings to recommend, or different TMW strings, let me know. I used to use WeakAuras from another Shaman (a girl, I think the name started was Corxia, but she doesn't make them anymore), and moved to TMW when a friend had some good strings. Thank you.
    Last edited by Don Lionheart; 2017-02-06 at 04:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    tbh you are doing decently for your gear (1 not upgraded artifact, no set bonuses and 1 medicore trinket),
    your raid is stacked with DH and warlocks so i dont wonder they are better in dps
    with your artifacts i would etleast try to play a bit with hailstorm + hothands and geting 4 set bonus is a big prio for you to on top of that imo

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    tbh you are doing decently for your gear (1 not upgraded artifact, no set bonuses and 1 medicore trinket),
    your raid is stacked with DH and warlocks so i dont wonder they are better in dps
    with your artifacts i would etleast try to play a bit with hailstorm + hothands and geting 4 set bonus is a big prio for you to on top of that imo
    No. He shouldn't be playing Hailstorm at all. Hailstorm isn't worth it, not even with both Legendaries. Ancestral Swiftness and Hailstorm with both are almost entirely the same damage output.
    @Don Lionheart: You should be doing way better on most fights, especially things like Botanist where our cleave comes in or even Tichondrius, where you can mostly tunnel the boss. It seems you're having problems with keeping up Fury of Air on some fights, as I see 2 - 3 casts in some of your fights. You should try to keep up enough maelstrom without ever letting it drop off, as its a wasted GCD that could be used for rebuffing, procs or gaining ressources. Also, besides using Crash Lightning to activate Alpha Wolf and your cleave on fights where it matters, you shouldn't be using it.

Besides that, Other classes will out dps you mostly, especially on cleave/Aoe and some classes are pretty strong in singletarget. You're also missing your setbonusses, which gives you some more damage output overall.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

The one big thing that you must know is that enhancement shamans are not on the top anymore. I had mostly well percentages on warcraftlogs but the dmg was not enough. With your Legendaries go for the Talent Hot Hand which is better than Boulderfist imo. I'm not a great fan of FoA and every Enhancement shaman has another playstyle. I'm doing better with crashing storm for cleave dmg combined with feral Spirits.

hope i could help you.

Deleted
    The windsong build is only ever good in purely single target fights, if you haven't obtained 2 or 4 set.

in every other scenario, cleave aoe, take the boulderfist build with ancestral swiftness and crashing storms, this includes fights as scorpyron, chromatic anomaly, spellblade and similar aoe cleave fights

if you are doing single target without tier pieces, I would still not chose windsong although its a very praised talent. Go with hothand, ancestral swiftness and overcharge

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    No. He shouldn't be playing Hailstorm at all. Hailstorm isn't worth it, not even with both Legendaries. Ancestral Swiftness and Hailstorm with both are almost entirely the same damage output.
    @Don Lionheart: You should be doing way better on most fights, especially things like Botanist where our cleave comes in or even Tichondrius, where you can mostly tunnel the boss. It seems you're having problems with keeping up Fury of Air on some fights, as I see 2 - 3 casts in some of your fights. You should try to keep up enough maelstrom without ever letting it drop off, as its a wasted GCD that could be used for rebuffing, procs or gaining ressources. Also, besides using Crash Lightning to activate Alpha Wolf and your cleave on fights where it matters, you shouldn't be using it.

Besides that, Other classes will out dps you mostly, especially on cleave/Aoe and some classes are pretty strong in singletarget. You're also missing your setbonusses, which gives you some more damage output overall.
    At the very least I can run some dummy tests with Hailstorm to compare, but I agree that it's probably not worth it from everything I've read. I know I should be doing better on fights, I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong. From what you said, I need to do a better job avoid Crash Lightning outside of cleave/AoE (which I had been doing, but I guess I need to improve on), and keeping FoA active. I'm sure the set bonuses will help, since all the top Shaman I saw on Warcraft Logs had at least the 2 piece.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khagalat View Post
    The windsong build is only ever good in purely single target fights, if you haven't obtained 2 or 4 set.

in every other scenario, cleave aoe, take the boulderfist build with ancestral swiftness and crashing storms, this includes fights as scorpyron, chromatic anomaly, spellblade and similar aoe cleave fights

if you are doing single target without tier pieces, I would still not chose windsong although its a very praised talent. Go with hothand, ancestral swiftness and overcharge
    The last build you suggested seems to have the highest dummy target DPS, after having tested the Hailstorm build, and comparing it with the HH/Tempest build, so I'll try this out tonight on Elisande. It sucks that basically I need the set bonus to be useful anymore, =/.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Apparently, there was some hotfix change to Hailstorm that helped it out, and someone on the Icy-Veins forums ran some sims and Hailstorm came out ahead again, and he has similar gear to mine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Lionheart View Post
    Apparently, there was some hotfix change to Hailstorm that helped it out, and someone on the Icy-Veins forums ran some sims and Hailstorm came out ahead again, and he has similar gear to mine.
    well these days ppls are not trying anything themselwes just reading it on sites and taking it for granted from that point on
    and they dont read it through
    hailstorm after update is a bit ahead of ancestral swiftnes they dont sugest it cose diference is really small, its 1 extra button to menage and it cost some MP which may be problematic when you get 4p set bonus, at this point tho with your legendaries i would etleast try build with it and hot hands it may produce some intresting results

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Lionheart View Post
    At the very least I can run some dummy tests with Hailstorm to compare, but I agree that it's probably not worth it from everything I've read. I know I should be doing better on fights, I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong. From what you said, I need to do a better job avoid Crash Lightning outside of cleave/AoE (which I had been doing, but I guess I need to improve on), and keeping FoA active. I'm sure the set bonuses will help, since all the top Shaman I saw on Warcraft Logs had at least the 2 piece.

- - - Updated - - -

The last build you suggested seems to have the highest dummy target DPS, after having tested the Hailstorm build, and comparing it with the HH/Tempest build, so I'll try this out tonight on Elisande. It sucks that basically I need the set bonus to be useful anymore, =/.

- - - Updated - - -

Elisande is not a single target fight, you are cleaving the adds constantly so you need boulderfist ancestral swiftness and crushing storms