Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    no one can answer why i cant destroy my legendaries. sad.

ppl here start to be off-topic.

Try to imagine that you deleted your prydaz and hide it in a random bag in your bank, will make your life easier.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post

because blizzard said you can't.

Deleted
    OP has very good point - my experience is:
    i changed my main. but i want my old main to switch specs - it has crap leges and leges for spec i don't want to play anymore (4) it is really pointless now continue playing with it, because if i want to swich back to it next tier (to play in new spec) it probably never gets bis leges for that spec mean time (5..6) - while if id start new character with same class i most certainly would get good (or at least useful) lege for my wanted spec within months.
    so basically current system makes character development really stupid - making new char is more reasonable than playing old where you have invested so much time already.

RNG doesn't mean it will NEVER happen. If that is the case, maximum likelihood estimation will NEVER work. maximum likelihood estimate
    As a math teacher, i have to say this discussion is absolutely hilarious !

- - - Updated - - -

I can, its on line 463 in the class.assembly.legendary.drop.rates.dll definition file.

Go look it up yourself.

1. You can destroy your legendaries. Really, you can. Try it.
    2. We are players, not developers. Whatever your question really is about the game's workings, we can never answer it. We can't look into the code.
    3. You seem confused. Sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what does that change? what does it affect? what does it matter?

- - - Updated - - -

omfg.. .really? you do know that thing doesent work right? its ismply guessing

for example says i should have 3 and im "on progress to my next" i have 5... so...
    you do realize how statistics work right?

It's an expected value. With X amount of killpoints most people have Y amount of legendaries.
    You can have less ore more legendaries when it comes you as a person but if you compare thousands of characters then you will come to their conclusion.
    Also those numbers aren't fixed. If you have 5 legendaries already then you should be expecting your 6th around 9600 killpoints. (I got mine at 7900- for example)

For every "lucky" person there will be a person who has less legendaries than expected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you roll a die (1-6) then you have a chance of 1/6 for each side. Eventho the chances are equal for each side you will never roll 1-6 within 6 rolls. (quite unlikely)
    It could even happen that you roll a 6 half the time. This is normal. Since expected values only make sense if applied to greater numbers.

If you'd roll your die 1 000 000 times you will most likely end up with a 1/6 chance with only 6 rolls you probably won't.

This simple rule (LLN) applies to your legendaries as well. For every character who owns more legendaries than expected there will be a charcter who owns less legendaries than expected.

Dear Donald,

You CAN destroy them, but it doesn't help your so-called chances.
    The observed diminishing returns on the KP feelycraft site you reference may also have other causes, as not all sources of KP are confirmed or even trackable.
    Destroying a Legendary does not increase your chances on getting the next one more, as stated by Blizzard.
    Destroying a Legendary, even if it were to increase your chances, may cause it to drop again. I may be wrong, but feel free to test it out for us. I'm sure you'll make another legendary crybaby thread if you get it again.
    Rerolling means that, besides regearing, you can also get those 4 bad legendaries again.

But whatever, you seem to think you're an expert in math & statistics, I'm sure you can figure out yourself if it's advantageous to delete it or not. Feel free to keep the result for yourself, I'll be over here doing actual content instead of crying that I didn't get BiS legendaries in my first ever heroic dungeon.

High Overlord Dahlia Dawnseeker's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrina View Post
    50 whatever of aman'thul takes a long time to collect for a non-hardcore player.
    I am an extremely casual player who raids normal modes only and hardly heroics sometimes, do my emissary every day and do like 1 or 2 M+ dungeons a week (which provide essences), and do the weekly quest which doesn't provide essences. In other words, I play around 2 hours a day on this character (in average; raid takes 3+ hours in a pug but there are days that I only log to do emissary). It takes me a week only to complete the quest, and I already upgraded all of my 3 legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by exor37 View Post
    but this is accurate as fuck for my main + 3alts
    It shows on my main that I only have 1 legendary, while I have 3

And how do you know if these "killpoints" are even correct?

AFAIK blizz never said how the "bad luck protection" exactly works. This means, that his calculation is more ore less a guess. Also, the algorithm doesn't include Blingtron, world bosses or PVP (as stated on the website).

EDIT: looking at the source code: https://github.com/rsuurd/killpoints.../killpoints.js

he is really just guessing, the whole program is probably based on that spreadsheet-thread
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-02-06 at 01:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    It shows on my main that I only have 1 legendary, while I have 3

And how do you know if these "killpoints" are even correct?

AFAIK blizz never said how the "bad luck protection" exactly works. This means, that his calculation is more ore less a guess. Also, the algorithm doesn't include Blingtron, world bosses or PVP (as stated on the website).

EDIT: looking at the source code: https://github.com/rsuurd/killpoints.../killpoints.js

he is really just guessing, the whole program is probably based on that spreadsheet-thread
    All science are based on guessing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Science is formed through guessing yes. But those guesses are either proven to be true, or proven to be false. It doesn't mean all guesses are automatically correct. You have already been shown multiple times why the KP tool/charts are not accurate and even the creator of it says it is just guesswork and not to be used to predict or indicate anything.

- - - Updated - - -

https://youtu.be/m2LLzex_WZA?t=27

You can, or could have up until 3 months ago. So if you can't destroy your legendaries blizzard changed it or you don't know how to delete any items in WoW. Only Blizzard, or you, can answer the question you want answered. But if everything else is off topic then why did you start in on a bunch of stuff not related to destroying legendaries?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think the legendaries should be re-worked to be viable for all of your character's specs and to be more easily upgraded. 50 whatever of aman'thul takes a long time to collect for a non-hardcore player.
    Given the multiple failures of the system I think its time they make 1 large "sorry we fucked up patch" instead of upgrading allow players to swap out legendaries with 50 aman'thul. Its the least they could do at this point.

I already deleted 2 of my legendaries. On that Kill Point website I should soon get my 4th...
    When in reality I looted 5, so... maybe, just maybe... If I get my 6th before the KP says 4, I'm fairly convinced

I honestly think the legendaries should be re-worked to be viable for all of your character's specs and to be more easily upgraded. 50 whatever of aman'thul takes a long time to collect for a non-hardcore player.
    If you are "non-hardcore"(i am a filthy casual and upgraded 1 leggi in 1 week but whatever) why even bother with them in the first place?

Deleted
    Nice blog post. I guess your first thread-rant on getting 4 legendaries wasnt satisfaction enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    omfg.. .really? you do know that thing doesent work right? its ismply guessing

for example says i should have 3 and im "on progress to my next" i have 5... so...
    It's taking into account the DR caused by obtaining a legendary, giving an approximation on how many you should statistically have by that time. Sure, getting a shite legendary doesn't mean you won't get a good one or that you won't get any at all, but the chances of one "dropping" are significantly reduced. The fact is that if you have multiple "bad" legendaries and want to have a character with particularly good ones, you then need to weigh the time investment of creating a new character and leveling them to 110, or continuing on your current character. I personally think that the former is a silly idea, but to each their own. However, you cannot say, and expect to be taken seriously, that because you have five legendaries that any complaints towards the drop rate are therefore invalid.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

That is just not true...

15+ Year Old Account
    That would be horrible. People would feel forced into deleting every legendary they got until it was a BiS one. You'd have a whole bunch of people playing with zero legendaries because equipping whatever they had for the utility, dps and survivability boost would not be worth the reduced drop chance for a BiS one. And getting the BiS one could easily take many, many months.

Say what you want about the legendary system in Legion, but allowing this would make it worse.