Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

WoW Token to Bnet Balance is live

Last edited by Kanegasi; 2017-02-06 at 07:51 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

So basically buy the token off the AH and I can choose between the 2?

Pretty good system actually. Means when it comes to EU I can throw my gold into tokens, convert it to balance and get some digital deluxe upgrades I've been after.

tokens sold out on my realm and game time is running out

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    The token system is region-wide. If they are out, it means all of US is out. This also means that my theory of the system not being literally 1:1 is wrong. Looks like the price is going to skyrocket by the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    Yeah I got two but need three to get Starcraft 2 battlechest

I love the idea, but I hate that you buy a token for $20, sell it for $15.

Edit: Buy a token for 20, when you buy one for gold and convert it to bnet balance, it's 15.
    Last edited by fooliuscaesar13; 2017-02-06 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    The token system is region-wide. If they are out, it means all of US is out.
    Yep, I saw in the reddit thread you linked people reporting tokens sold out. To be expected, everyone rushed and binge-bought them. When they come back, expect crazy prices. Glad I bought a few months ahead so I won't end up in a situation like @psiko74, but sooner or later we'll have to prepare either go back to sub or pay Asian level of prices...

Looks like the price is going to skyrocket by the end of the day.
    Excellent. /Mr.Burns

Bring me all your golds, people.

Hah EU tokens are sold out already

Yay! I can finally buy store pets with gold

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    You don't buy a token for 20 dollars and sell it for 15 you buy it for 20 and sell it for the going gold rate which is currently about 61k on U.S realms. Saying it's selling it for 15 is like you buying a bike for 60$ and trading it to someone for some xbox games and they turn around and sell the bike for 45 dollars and you complain about how much they sold it for.
    Last edited by WintersLegion; 2017-02-06 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    Looks like the price is going to skyrocket by the end of the day.
    Oh my. I was thinking about flipping a few tokens for gold earlier, but it would be awesome if the price would actually rise.

Awesome! Here's hoping EU will go live soon, too. And then I'll have to wait for months for the price to come down again, but then I'll finally be able to race change some of my chars!

I would love it if I could buy a token on WoW transfer it to bnet and then transfer that to my bank account

Buying overwatch with this
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    You don't buy a token for 20 dollars and sell it for 15 you buy it for 20 and sell it for the going gold rate which is currently about 61k on U.S realms.
    I knew that someone would do this. I'm aware of the difference and should have been more clear.
    I edited my post; but you buy a token for $20, but the gold you spend on a token can only be converted into $15. Seems...meh.

Edit: Buy a token for 20, when you buy one for gold and convert it to bnet balance, it's 15.
    That was always the case though. Buy it for 20, gives one month game time, which is 15. Nothing changed in that regard, it's just more visible now because you can actually get 'money' for it.

Nice. Now I can faction change/transfer my other 10 characters. Thank you blizzard.

I knew that someone would do this. I'm aware of the difference and should have been more clear.
    I edited my post; but you buy a token for $20, but the gold you spend on a token can only be converted into $15. Seems...meh.
    You're not meant to use both sides. If you have the money to buy gold, you're not going to be buying tokens with gold. If you have the gold to buy game time or bnet balance, you're not going to buy gold for money. It's not meant to be a system for someone to use both at the same time.

If you don't have the money, you can make gold and buy tokens.
    If you have the money, you buy gold.

Don't do both.

Deleted
    I spend like ~1.1M on 12 Tokens recently. I'll use it to Factionchange my Tauren Pally to Dwarf and keep the rest and wait for a Overwatch Sale.

Completely sold out on US realms

I think i aint gonna bother with this cause the prices are gonna be insane and quite frankly not worth it