Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    If you have the trinket/legendary ring, yes. If not, you must save every BoS with HRW(BoS every 3rd min).

This is also true according to the document there is around.

If you have 2/4 set bonus, you must also use Rime procs during BoS(regardless with/without ring/trinket), if you don't have set bonus, ignore Rime during BoS.

If you want to farm BiS setup, go for the legendary Helm and Ring, or Helm and Bracers(with Elisande trinket), or Helm and Waist(with Elisande trinket).
    This is false. The document from Magdalena specifically uses an example where the DK uses BoS 3 times, twice with HRW and once without.

"Indeed, his uptimes were nothing special.

Cast 1: 46 seconds
    Cast 2: 28 seconds
    Cast 3: 54 seconds"

Graph of DK's Rotation

7.1.5: The road to Breath of Sindragosa’s resurgence
    Last edited by Cirayne24; 2017-02-03 at 07:37 PM.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Yes we know what he wrote and he wrote it during ToV when BoS was being theorycrafted.
    You dont use BoS on cd because you want the synergy with HRW every time to pump out Rime procs like a madman. Delaying it is very much worth it.
    Especially worth it if you have convergence, which you should spam rolls on.

Quote Originally Posted by asrael42 View Post
    Hey Guys,

i switched to the BoS spec as soon as i got my 4p. But i feel like i could do a lot more dmg with it than i'm currently doing.
    I know that it depends on the boss but my understanding is that i use Bos on pull for the most fights,( except elisandre i guess) and then i try using it on cd.

The first breath is 45-75 sec long depending on proccs , how the boss is moving etc. But my second breath is mostly only 20-30sec long.

I wait till i got 3 full runes and 3 half charging befor activating Bos together with RW, Pof and my Hov trinket, then i try keeping my runic power up obli, rime procs and horn of winter until i got no runes anymore. At this point i use my HRW.

My current stats are 22,35 crit, 20.97 haste 39.86 mastery and 5.12/2.56 vers.
    Pawn string is
    Strength=15.53, Ap=12.65, CritRating=12.73, HasteRating=12.53, MasteryRating=11.45, Versatility=12.06, Dps=10.33
    my sim dps is at 585001.5 with 897ilvl equiped

I could use my hunger of the pack trinket to get more crit but simcraft says that How+memento is the most dmg for me.
    my Talents are 3/3/2/3/1/3/2
    I got no dmg legendary except the syndragosa pants and sephuz.

Charakter is Noìre from blackmoore eu

weapon relicts are
    1 ambidexterity2 Nothing but the boots

i would love some insight from you guys cause i dont know what to do anymore,

greetings Asrael
    I know im late to the party but feel like this has been mostly skipped over, do not take horn of winter, take freezing fog you're missing out on a ton for dps/synergy with your 2pc by taking horn

Quote Originally Posted by jasoccx View Post
    You dont use BoS on cd because you want the synergy with HRW every time to pump out Rime procs like a madman. Delaying it is very much worth it.
    This isn't always true and I already explained why.

first, you're playing a death knight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedthetank View Post
    I know im late to the party but feel like this has been mostly skipped over, do not take horn of winter, take freezing fog you're missing out on a ton for dps/synergy with your 2pc by taking horn
    Hey, yeah i'm missing out on some dmg but i thought that without the horn it is pretty tough keeping up bos for a good amount of time

Hey, yeah i'm missing out on some dmg but i thought that without the horn it is pretty tough keeping up bos for a good amount of time
    naw its perfect synergy with our 2pc/4pc and if you were RNG lucky to get the legendary headpiece its even more damage.

Deleted
    Stop that BoS obsession seriously!!! And no, don't use Horn but Freezing Fog.

This is why you dont like your damage(like other players as people are misinformed).

I told you what you need. Practice the rest, but don't focus on BoS uptime. You either BoS with HRW or you don't(you just keep it up for 30+sec and spam Rime). SIMPLE. Period.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-02-04 at 05:56 PM.

Deleted
    Stop that BoS obsession seriously!!! And no, don't use Horn but Freezing Fog.

This is why you dont like your damage(like other players as people are misinformed).

I told you what you need. Practice the rest, but don't focus on BoS uptime. You either BoS with HRW or you don't(you just keep it up for 30+sec and spam Rime). SIMPLE. Period.

i do sim with 564k with freezing fog insted of horn. Thats a 16kdps los according to simcraft

Deleted
    A 16k dps loss is a potential indicator that Freezing Fog is a better talent to take even on ST fights since sims assumes perfect uptimes of breath. I'm not denying that Horn isn't a good ST talent but in an actual boss encounter, if your breath uptimes are short regardless, Freezing Fog increases your throughput significantly with or without breath active.

Syncing breath with HRW means that every breath can go up to 45 secs as minimun, every 3 minutes.

So it's up to boss uptime to confirm if you got more breath time syncing it or not

Assuming no leg ring nor Convergence trinquet,

In a 5 minute boss, you have a total of 90 secs of breath uptime if you sync it with HRW (breath in minute 0 and minute 3, 45 + 45= 90 secs)

Without syncing, you get 45 secs (minute 0) + 15-20 secs (minute 2) + 45 secs (minute 4) = 105-110 secs of breath uptime

In a 5 minute boss, you get more uptime for breath if you use it on cd than syncing

Let's look at a 10 minute fight (ala Gul'dan)

Syncing: 4 breaths with 45 secs (minute 0, minute 3, minute 6 and minute 9) = 180 secs

Not syncing: 3 breaths with HRW (minute 0, minute 4 and minute 8) 135 secs + 2 breaths without it (minute 2 and minute 6), 15-20 secs for each, 30-40 secs total= 175 secs max

So in order for not syncing to get ahead of sync, you should get more than 22-23 secs for each non-HRW breath, which i don't know if its doable because i dont have 4 tier piece nor belt

Can anybody check this shitty math i pulled from my ass and see if there is any error?

The error is that breath uptime is almost irrelevant ad its not what youre shooting for, you go by how many casts of HRW you get, because thats your true DPS cd. HRW reduces also your gcd, keep that in mind. On progression you will have mostly 6 min + fights where without syncing you will only get 2 casts off while with sync you get 3. With convergence you can apply the same rule to 5 min fights. The longer the fight the more you benefit.

Deleted
    Any reason why everyone is so hyped on CoF when it's been nerfed? The passive on the ring is basically the same as the trinket effect? It's pretty low on Sims also - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=922852293

People only using it if they don't have ring or?

Deleted
    Stop this BS talk about BoS uptime. Please. STOP IT.

Get the LEGENDARY HELM. Thats what matters. After that, you sync everything(every BoS with HRW. Period). Nice and easy.

- - - Updated - - -

i do sim with 564k with freezing fog insted of horn. Thats a 16kdps los according to simcraft
    You are litteraly comparing a proc(that you are going to use anyway)with Horn which is 30sec CD. This means, you have to use it PERFECTLY every 30sec in order to do 16K more damage.

I don't know whats so hard for you, but you don't listen. I rest my case now.

Stop this BS talk about BoS uptime. Please. STOP IT.

Get the LEGENDARY HELM. Thats what matters. After that, you sync everything(every BoS with HRW. Period). Nice and easy.
    Why are you the only one that says this. No one in Discord or even the newly released Babyjace's Guide on this forum says to sync everything. In fact he specifically says his 3rd and 4th are anywhere from 10-20 seconds.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Go HDD and anhillate everything screw the class system :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Why are you the only one that says this. No one in Discord or even the newly released Babyjace's Guide on this forum says to sync everything. In fact he specifically says his 3rd and 4th are anywhere from 10-20 seconds.
    Because the helm is the prize, not the BoS uptime(and nobody mentions this). This is how difficult it is for people figure out basic information, just by thinking. If you want to do BoS for 10sec and think that is doing something for you, be my guest(the damage would be so little, that you could do more with regular rotation, just be frost strike spam)and defo makes it worth to wait and sync.

Im just thinking, isnt the last part logic?
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-02-06 at 09:07 PM.

Because the helm is the prize, not the BoS uptime(and nobody mentions this). This is how difficult it is for people figure out basic information, just by thinking. If you want to do BoS for 10sec and think that is doing something for you, be my guest(the damage would be so little, that you could do more with regular rotation, just be frost strike spam)and defo makes it worth to wait and sync.

Have you even watched his new video... have you watched any of them or are you just saying your opinion? He doesn't have the Helm or Ring or CoF... but he's still pulling amazing numbers.

You're literally saying the opposite of everyone else.

Helm has nothing to do with BoS though, and everything to do with remorseless winter.
    Sure, during rune weapon you get longer winters, but that doesn't make it syngergize with BoS.

You are the one refusing accept what is in front of you. Twice in this very thread it has been explained to you that always syncing BoS and HRW isn't the the best option, yet you ignore it. You are free to keep your head in the sand of course, but then you lose the right to accuse others of failing to think.