Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Glad I bought a token for game time last night!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Tokens price skyrocketed already with such announcement?
    Because everyone expects a EU release soon, and many want to get a token BEFORE it gets more expensive, by which they actually make it expensive.

Bottom line: I don't think it will be feasible for the average joe to finance WoW via token any more. 120K/months is currently very doable but I won't be surprised if token breach the 500K mark, now that they are useful for A LOT more than gametime.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    It's 12$/month if you pay for 6 months as far as I know, instead of 15$.

This seems like a loop hole, so we'll see.
    No. You cannot set up subscriptions with Battle.net Balance. Subs are only set up with credit/debit cards.

You can purchase digital gametime cards, which you can get like 180 days for 77.94. So, that might work for you; however, keep in mind that some states charge taxes, so say for example, you were just looking at the 30 day digital gametime card for 14.99, depending on where you live, that could be 16.xx after taxes, so the 15 USD you got from one token wouldn't be a enough.

So, to get the 180 days of game time, if you live in a place that charges taxes on digital purchases, you'd need 6 tokens (or 384,000 gold, roughly based on current prices). No taxes means you could do it for 5 tokens (320,000 gold).

They already did when the feature was datamined but unconfirmed. Now that it's clear it's going through did you really expect anything else?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Eew and the token price skyrockets.

Or to be precise: "there are currently no token for sale, try again later".
    Token prices on NA have been relatively stable since November, give or take ~10k depending on the time of day.

Hopefully token sellers will flood the market today, and the prices will plunge, but... we'll see. I wouldn't say we're seeing prices skyrocket yet, but there doesn't seem to be much demand for gold these days, which bodes ill.

I wish Blizzard would do a bit more to artificially manage token prices. They get $5 extra in profit on each one sold, and the money remains entirely within Blizzard's ecosystem, so you'd think they'd do more to encourage people to buy them. Letting the supply and demand completely dictate the sale price means sellers can withold stock and drive up prices, reducing the total number sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Token prices on NA have been relatively stable since November, give or take ~10k depending on the time of day.

Hopefully token sellers will flood the market today, and the prices will plunge, but... we'll see. I wouldn't say we're seeing prices skyrocket yet, but there doesn't seem to be much demand for gold these days, which bodes ill.

I wish Blizzard would do a bit more to artificially manage token prices. They get $5 extra in profit on each one sold, and the money remains entirely within Blizzard's ecosystem, so you'd think they'd do more to encourage people to buy them. Letting the supply and demand completely dictate the sale price means sellers can withold stock and drive up prices, reducing the total number sold.
    well.. went from 59k to 65.5k now since it bne balance was rleased..

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

Why would they flood the market today lol? Wait a week when they're 100-150k per. Gotta be smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    65k = skyrocket.
    I Lol'd.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They already went from 112k to 120k tonight on EU.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    well.. went from 59k to 65.5k now since it bne balance was rleased..
    They hit 65k a week ago, too. Obviously the number is going to continue to climb until stock is replenished or it hits the 24-hour limit Blizzard has in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    Why would they flood the market today lol? Wait a week when they're 100-150k per. Gotta be smart.
    Well, there seem to be a lot of people who don't understand market dynamics. If everyone was intelligent about WoW tokens then we could collectively min-max the supply and demand so everyone gets the best deals.

However, innevitably, dummies get nervous or impatient and buy or sell way too soon.

Blizzard Entertainment has gone full P2B (Play-2-Buy)

Can we just go back in time when gaming was still a niche thing for nerds, and the realities of the market didn't force the developers to take increasingly desperate measures?

Anyone know how much Australian $$ worth of b.net balance you can redeem a token for? I'm at work and can't log in to check.

Based on Blizzard's pricing I would hope $16.50, but I'm worried that they'll round it off to $15.

and now to wait till this is in EU as well. Gimme, gimme!

I don't think Blizzard thought this one through. One of the big things they fail to realize < this is just based off of friends that play and guild members > is A LOT of people play on free tokens and there are many who use tokens that will not pay Blizzard real money again. If tokens go to absurd prices.. they'll just quit. Blizzard has lost the trust and faith of way to many people including myself. Only reason I stick around is well.. literally I play for free and have since the token launched. 25-40k is a reasonable price. 65k+.. for most people isn't viable and I honestly can see their subs dropping even further due to this. They need to imo put a cap on the cost of tokens in game and w/o one.. it's only gonna hurt their bottom line.

Just another cash grab by their dev team. Due to the terrible devs they have this xpac and the resulting huge decline in subs they are doing what ever they can to filter more cash in.

Why would i sell now for 65k when I can wait and and sell for 150k? Im going to sit on these tokens till the price goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort Zone View Post
    Blizzard Entertainment has gone full P2B (Play-2-Buy)

Can we just go back in time when gaming was still a niche thing for nerds, and the realities of the market didn't force the developers to take increasingly desperate measures?
    How is this desperate? And who loses? "Full play to buy" would imply everyone gets the game and all its expacs free right? Your comment (aside from a little P2B on the more hardcore end) is misleading and pointless.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2017-02-06 at 10:58 PM.

Congrats blizz... Now you gona lose at least 20-30% of your players, who just don't want to pay a monthly fee for a game because of principles. You did great with the other games like diablo and starcraft because they gona get a new playerbase but you fuc*** the wow players who pay their playtime with gold.

you can still pay gold for tokens, just wait a little while for people to put tokens on the ah.

Quote Originally Posted by gkko View Post
    Congrats blizz... Now you gona lose at least 20-30% of your players, who just don't want to pay a monthly fee for a game because of principles.
    So, you don't want to pay for a game because of "principles" but you're happy to play for free.

Can you explain to me exactly why Blizzard should reply to you leaving with anything other than "don't let door hit you on the ass on the way out!" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    They already went from 112k to 120k tonight on EU.
    the only guessing is when will it stop? i wouldn't be shocked seeing the token go over 200k.