Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    The whole punch-a-Nazi thing is funny, but that's about it. What you're really condoning is punching the freedom of speech that many have fought to defend.

No, we don't like the alt-right or real Nazis or whatever. We also do not like the Westboro Baptists. Even some 9-11 "truthers" can be obnoxious shit-weeds. We might all want to punch them in their stupid mouths.

However, we should NOT address this by going out and actually punching them. This isn't World War 2, you're not Indiana Jones or Captain America, we're not in Germany and these aren't members of the actual Third Reich. Punching them here and now is no different than a redneck going out and punching a Muslim.
    People love to bring up freedom of speech of speech inappropriately.

Unless you think there is a legitimate effort to make it a legal requirement or some such. I know there are people who say it isn't freedom of speech, but those are probably people from countries where it isn't a freedom. The US is pretty unique in regards to our freedoms, and I think it's safe to say it's not a threat to freedom of speech.

simple question, what dose punching Nazis actually accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    If the aftermath of this attack is any indication, it turns the man into a hilarious joke and ensures that he's afraid to go outside to spout his rubbish.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Who'd they defend it from I wonder.

A street-preacher intimidating children by saying they're all going to burn for eternity because they didn't believe in a magical entity, that guy deserves to be punched.

A muslim fanatic demanding Sharia law: deserves to be punched.

But again, all that matters is that we aren't making it legal. Surely you agree with this position? So why is there so much debate and mental gymnastics from so many in this thread trying to defend the idea of violence against those they disagree with? "Oh, but those ideas are so powerful that they are dangerous! What if we end up in Nazi USA?"

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    If the aftermath of this attack is any indication, it turns the man into a hilarious joke and ensures that he's afraid to go outside to spout his rubbish.
    i would think the mass amount of publicity hes gotten from this has likely done more to help him recruit then it has hurt him, and with the internet he doesn't need to go out to preach his bullshit.
    Last edited by Canpinter; 2017-02-06 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    You don't see the dangerous possibilities that can create, right? :P

i would think the mass amount of publicity hes gotten from this has likely done more to help him recruit then it has hurt him, and with the internet he doesn't need to go out to preach his bullshit.
    I really don't see someone signing up to the ideology that promotes genocide and ethnic cleansing just because the Führer got punched, and anyone that did is already a shitty human as it is. He was already preaching his bullshit on the internet, but this just made him a joke on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Google that shit. They started in Europe during WWII and the armed side of the political spectrum in the US is the right.

...and in France, too:

People 'deserve' to get slapped for all sorts of things. That doesn't mean you get to actually go around slapping people and if you assault the wrong person in this country you wind up getting shot.

Should I be allowed to delve out my own version of justice on the people I see as 'deserving of it'? Also, how many former French colonies in Africa have engaged in ethnic cleansing of some kind? Like 80%?
    yes we are proudly anti fascist in Europe and yes slapping an idiot that calls for ethnic cleansing is ok over here. You might have complete freedom of expression in the US of A where you can spew and vomit your hatred freely, not so over here in Europe. Thank God for that.

your post linking so called refugees supposedly attacking a french man is a tell tell sign that you are one of those alt right people with alternative (lol) facts and plenty of false news spreading.

Why are you even talking about genocides in Africa, do you even for one second pretend that something that bad is ok to happen because it happened in Africa and during the second world war?

please enlight me:
    is fascism ok?
    is genocide ok?
    a yes/no will be enough to suss you out.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    yes we are proudly anti fascist in Europe
    ...Europe is where fascism was created. Also, antifa is directly responsible for the suppression of freedom of expression here in the US which makes them just as bad as the other side.

and yes slapping an idiot that calls for ethnic cleansing is ok over here.
    I doubt it. I don't see too many of your radical imams getting slapped when calling for the direct equivalence of ethnic cleansing.

You might have complete freedom of expression in the US of A where you can spew and vomit your hatred freely, not so over here in Europe. Thank God for that.
    Yes, we do.

your post linking so called refugees supposedly attacking a french man is a tell tell sign that you are one of those alt right people with alternative (lol) facts and plenty of false news spreading.
    No, smart guy. I was linking that video as a direct response to your claim that people don't have guns where you are at. They do, and as evidence by the video they are willing to defend themselves against violence with a firearm if need be. Same over here with people thinking it is ok to attack another person because of bullshit ideological differences.

please enlight me:
    is fascism ok?
    is genocide ok?
    a yes/no will be enough to suss you out.
    No, of course not.

Perhaps a feelgood result, but otherwise nothing. I personally see it as counterproductive.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

then you should be advocating for violence that actually stops them, a punch in the face dose nothing to hidden their efforts, ether pick up a gun and kill them because you think they pose a real threat or defeat them with debate and discourse. petty low grade violence accomplishes nothing.
    Oh I wasn't saying a punch would stop them. Plenty of people punched the brownshirts.

Just that I don't think patient debate will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You need both. Obviously a country has to have laws and reliability, but stagnancy is decay and humanity is not particularly orderly by nature. Successful societies can rectify the two needs and liberal democracy is very good at doing so.

No, I think its an acceptable response to not liking nazi fascism.

- - - Updated - - -

How about we take a swing at them and then laugh at them when they cry on camera.
    No you don't need chaos. You can't have both order and chaos. Its an oxymoron.

It sends the message that some people are seriously opposed to their ideology and are committed enough to go to serious lengths in fighting it.

It may not be morally right when you consider freedom of speech and it certainly is not legal, but such signalling may serve an important civic purpose in confirming to that part of the electorate that thinks the alt-right may just be a little over the top but is unwilling to speak up first that yes, it is indeed beyond the pale.

I wonder how some people would react if we are faced with the same shit that happened in the 30's:

nationalism growing
    racism and xenophobia becoming ok
    fascism taking hold
    Nazis rising to power.

Do you speak up against shit like that. What would you do if someone get abused or attacked in front of you? Do you turn around and pretend nothing happened?
    it is 1930s all over again right now: what would you do? Join or fight?
    Knowing what happened in the past, are you going to let thing repeat themselves?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    I'm talking about the feral savage piece of shit that assaulted an innocent person.
    Those poor innocent facists.

Im starting a kickstarter campaign especially for them.

How about you fuck off back to brietbart?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not liking what someone has to say doesn't give you the right to assault them. That itself is a fascist attitude.

I wonder how some people would react if we are faced with the same shit that happened in the 30's:

nationalism growing
    racism and xenophobia becoming ok
    fascism taking hold
    Nazis rising to power.

Do you speak up against shit like that. What would you do if someone get abused or attacked in front of you? Do you turn around and pretend nothing happened?
    it is 1930s all over again right now: what would you do? Join or fight?
    Knowing what happened in the past, are you going to let thing repeat themselves?
    I'd hypothetically kill your mother before she could give birth to you. That'd solve the problem of your stupid scenarios getting posted on these forums. How about that?

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-02-07 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Not liking what someone has to say doesn't give you the right to assault them. That itself is a fascist attitude.

I'd hypothetically kill your mother before she could give birth to you. That'd solve the problem of your stupid scenarios getting posted on these forums. How about that?
    Are you a fascist?
    What has my mother or myself has got anything to do with the post?

What a courageous fool you are!

note: If you had the courage to say that to me face to face, I would turn you black blue and pink like your avatar and send you crying back to the hole you crawled out from. No punches, just slaps. Punches are only for men, you aint one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    No you don't need chaos. You can't have both order and chaos. Its an oxymoron.
    Obviously you can't have them in the same place at the same time. No shit. But you can have an orderly society that still allows for some chaos, change, and mess. You have to. You can't iron that out of humanity and you shouldn't want to.

The need to be the "saviour", from some people in this thread and in general, is quite alarming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Those poor innocent facists.

Im starting a kickstarter campaign especially for them.

How about you fuck off back to brietbart?
    Never read breitbart. Not american and I give no fucks about american politics.