Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Well to be frank, it majorly improved upon the shitshow that were the prequels. Outside of the core fans, few really cared about the EU (triggered flame response inc), because it's the universe outside of the cinema portrayals that made the franchise popular in the first place.

You're voicing your concern on continuity issues, but CW mostly respected the timeline and tried to make sense of every little thing. A thing few media outside of the major franchise can say.

Well, good for you that you know better media than I apparently do regarding SW, but seeing as CW is part of the canon and the EU isn't, it doesn't really matter now does it, because the new owners of SW don't regard it as part of their story.
    I revile Disney for cancelling this series and replacing it with Rebels, but if anything it's the only connection to your precious EU you even have anymore.

I get where you're coming from with your arguments, but all I'm really reading here is someone who cared more about continuity and mourns the loss of the EU than someone who can find actual arguments as to why CW is a bad series.
    IMO Clone Wars is one of the best StarWars media (movie, series, etc) made. Its fun, combats are amazing and the story is good even if theres many fillers. It doesnt fully follow the story, but you get pieces of it, so you're never stuck in a neverending story during a whole serie. Characters are great and well acted.

I strongly suggest it for any StarWars fan.

I watched Season 1 of Rebels.... its not as good as CW at the moment, but it continues on its footsteps (story-wise, but like 10-ish years later). I was thrilled at first because you gt to see Darth Vader in action, but not that much. And theres a lot of similarity in some scene from Rogue One and SW:Rebels, mainly the Darth Vader scene where he walks (Darth Vader don't run anyway) in a corridor to get to Princess Leya, copy-paste from a scene in Rebels.
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2017-02-06 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Back to the Future triliogy
    ok, welcome to the 21 century man ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I got a few:

The godfather
    Alien-Aliens
    Star Wars (episode 5)
    American History X

But if i have to take one then i pick the Godfather.
    Why: because it is the best maffia movie ever made and next to that this movie has been made in 1972 that is crazy if you see it today it still looks better then most movies.
    You go back a while, and I like it. Yes, another dude said it, but American History X is also in my top 10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    I've honestly never watched the Clone Wars. Maybe I'll have to check it out.
    Don't bother, it's not gonna make your top 10.... I would hope.

Hard to pick one, but if I had to it would be Shawshank Redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by fanto View Post
    I don't agree.

The Clone Wars was a lousy series that openly ignored and wrecked a lot of the EU. It deserves scorn, because it did nothing but bring trouble to Star Wars.

Between the huge continuity issue of giving Anakin a Padawan, the continuity issue of trying to cram a 5-season TV show into the space between two episodes of the existing Clone Wars series that was already made in 2003-05, the show retcons (Mandalorian retcon - for example) to so many things that it really already seemed like it was trying to be its own canon and not part of existing Star Wars.

The Clone Wars is best treated not as canonical Star Wars, but as some sort of in-universe holodrama that takes actual events and mangles and distorts them.

If you liked the show, good for you. But I know there are way way better SW media then stupid Disney and Filoni stuff.
    Dude, you can be my editor in the imaginary show I will not be making. You will be managing director of cutting out BS ;-)

There can only be one: Grosse Pointe Blank

And Silence of the Lambs, Two Hands and Let the Right One In.

There can only be four.
    Last edited by ashamel; 2017-02-06 at 10:58 PM.

Deadpool, for no other reason that I like over the top violence.. Also probably why I genuinely enjoy the Sharknado movies.

Thanx guys for all your replies.
    While I enjoy your opinions very much, I want you to watch The Proposition and give some feedback on that... is it just me that finds this film so good?

Quote Originally Posted by Kmids View Post
    Thanx guys for all your replies.
    While I enjoy your opinions very much, I want you to watch The Proposition and give some feedback on that... is it just me that finds this film so good?
    It is very good. You should try Ghosts... of the Civil Dead as well, by the same guy.

Deleted

True, it was very watchable, however the lack of detail to the books brings it abit down the list in my world
    I'm the opposite, I found the LOTR/Hobbit books to be pretty boring and slow, but loved the films.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Who cares if such and such series is "canon" or not. If it's enjoyable then it's enjoyable. Let's not forget that it is science-fiction and is meant to entertain and inspire, not to spark arguments over which series is better and actual "canon".

That said, I heard they bring back Darth Maul in the Clone Wars. That just seems silly to me. But I haven't actually seen what they do with that so what do I know.

Also, Han shot first.
    I was just pointing out to the other guy that CW 'wrecking the EU' doesn't really matter because EU isn't canon anymore, therefor it isn't an actual argument as to why the show itself is supposedly bad. It isn't in the first place anyway.

I enjoy CW mostly because it's just fun and easy to watch. Emotional moments and complexity in the plot are just a nice bonus IMO.

Yea, tbf I wasn't that keen on it either, but some of the best stuff happens with Maul and they portray him in such a manner that the 'ressurection' is justified IMO.

The DVD release ruined more than I thought possible...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    I watched Season 1 of Rebels.... its not as good as CW at the moment, but it continues on its footsteps (story-wise, but like 10-ish years later). I was thrilled at first because you got to see Darth Vader in action, but not that much. And theres a lot of similarity in some scene from Rogue One and SW:Rebels, mainly the Darth Vader scene where he walks (Darth Vader don't run anyway) in a corridor to get to Princess Leya, copy-paste from a scene in Rebels.
    I'm up to date with Rebels (currently near the end of the third season), and for every trailer they release and the hype surrounding it from its fans, it usually fails to deliver.
    All the good hype moments are because of established characters. I'd recommend to just pick out the 5-6 relevant episodes, because the remaining 10-15 are basically CW filler on steroids.
    After 3 seasons, I still care more about CW character 99 (appeared in 2 episodes) than Ezra after 45-ish.
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-02-07 at 12:30 PM.

I find it really hard to choose my all time favourite because I tend to separate movies into two categories, those that blew me away on the first watch and those that I can watch time and time again. The Hurt Locker, No Country for Old Men, and The Usual Suspects, are examples of movies that I really enjoyed the first time but I don't find the desire to watch repeatedly. The Departed, Moneyball, and National Treasure I can watch any given day. As you can imagine my two lists for favourite movie is very different but if I had to pick one, it would probably be The Departed.

I have 5 or six that would probably be on equal footing for all time favorites that I never get tired of.

Big Trouble In Little China
    The Princess Bride
    The Fifth Element
    Alien/Aliens
    The Last Starfighter
    The Illusionist

There are actually more as I think about it that could easily take a place in there as well, but the above feels like a solid list for me as I could never hope to pick just one.

Some great picks in here, but not enough animated movies! Inside Out! I've always loved Disney + Pixar but few of them (maybe The Lion King) have caused me to think over some of my own life choices up to this point, and reminded me that I still have room to grow.

(Plus the credits were just incredible)

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

the big Lebowski
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Ironman
    jackass#2
    good night and good luck

This exact thread seems to pop up every other month, but I guess I'll just play again.

The Lord of the Rings are still my favorite movies of all time, The Return of the King if you want to get specific. After that, it's The Dark Knight, Interstellar, Inception, Inside Out and V for Vendetta. Which is all the 8 movies I've rated 10/10 so far.

So hard to choose: Tommy Boy, Star Wars, Godfather, Tropic Thunder?
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Deleted
    The Dark crystal, was a good film. Watched it as a kid, when i had trouble sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    My best movie is probably the video I made with my current gf.

It really captured my good side.
    =(

I just made a 5 hour 3some vid that would have been amazing, if my gopro didn't have the indoor video quality of a potato. Wish I would have known they need way more light beforehand. Vid is still ok but can be grainy, I am dissapoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Can't choose.

It's the third
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.