Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Audit spreadsheet

So at the start of this expansion I made a Google spreadsheet for my guild to keep track of things like weekly AP gains and World Quests / Dungeons completed, since I did not feel like there was anything out there that did the job well. I have received positive feedback on it so I figured I would share it, for whoever is still looking for a simple but in-depth overview of their guild. You can look at an example populated version here:

https://wowaudit.com/demo

If you want to make a copy, you can use this link. What the spreadsheet shows is the following:

• A summary sheet with everyone's traits (main spec or currently logged out spec), item level (either currently equipped or highest ever equipped), weekly or all-time World Quests/Dungeons completed, and weekly Artifact Power obtained (from Wednesday to Wednesday)
    • A roster sheet where you can see your role distribution, including tier tokens and armor type.
    • An overview sheet with more extensive stats of all your raiders, including rankings for each statistic.
    • A single view sheet where you can look at the gear of individuals, which dungeons they have done, how many tier pieces they have, their enchants, which legendaries they have (it will remember and store legendaries that people have logged out with)

Since Google spreadsheets can become really slow and sluggish if you perform API calls from within the spreadsheet, and it is not realistic to have it store historical data of all your raiders, there are no API calls made from the spreadsheet itself. Character data is refreshed intermittently externally, and the spreadsheet simply displays the data. You just fill in your guild's key in the spreadsheet and it will start displaying your guild's data once the first API call is made (you can create a key here).

I hope some of you find this useful!

EDIT: There is quite a substantial amount of guilds being created, don't be alarmed if your added characters stay on 'pending' status for a while - they have been added to the queue to be tracked and will keep being tracked intermittently. Just enter your key in your spreadsheet copy and after a while the data will be there.

EDIT2: For those who are confused, creating a guild on the website does not mean your members will automatically be tracked. You have to manually add the members you want to be tracked in the next section after creating a guild.

EDIT3: I set up a Discord server in case you have any questions it will be faster if you ask them there. https://discord.gg/86eUAFz
    Last edited by mmoc036e00a042; 2017-06-16 at 07:34 AM.

Nice job, we'll give it a try for our management needs for sure.

Spreadsheet looks great, will definitely be using this
    Only minor issue I can see is if someone is currently using offspec gear (e.g. Retribution when they're set to Heals) - there's no easy way to tell if this isn't their main spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaix View Post
    Spreadsheet looks great, will definitely be using this
    Only minor issue I can see is if someone is currently using offspec gear (e.g. Retribution when they're set to Heals) - there's no easy way to tell if this isn't their main spec.
    Glad to hear you like it!

In the single view sheet you can see Main Spec item level, which will show the last logged out item level in the main spec (Holy in case a Paladin's role is set to Heal). If you are talking about each individual gear slot, yes that currently only shows whatever a player is logged out with, disregarding main spec. I will see if I can add a change in for that

Unfortunately i just get invalid key whenever i try to add a new guild to track

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Unfortunately i just get invalid key whenever i try to add a new guild to track
    You can add a new guild here, after which you will automatically be redirected to the manage page. If you accidentally pressed 'manage guild' after that and didn't see your key you can look in your browser history for the page that had your key as a parameter (in the URL).

Does the weekly dungeons completed count start when we first generate a guild key or should it show the current week count?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    You can add a new guild here, after which you will automatically be redirected to the manage page. If you accidentally pressed 'manage guild' after that and didn't see your key you can look in your browser history for the page that had your key as a parameter (in the URL).
    I put my guild's key in and the info isn't showing up nor any guild members, when i hit refresh nothing happens as well. I even manually added a couple guild members on the website and they show the green tracking beside their name, but still nothing will show on the spreadsheet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgrax View Post
    Does the weekly dungeons completed count start when we first generate a guild key or should it show the current week count?
    It will start when you generate your key, basically it just takes a snapshot at the start of the week (or when you create the guild) and compares against that.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmaxyz View Post
    I put my guild's key in and the info isn't showing up nor any guild members, when i hit refresh nothing happens as well. I even manually added a couple guild members on the website and they show the green tracking beside their name, but still nothing will show on the spreadsheet.
    If the green tracking is beside their name that means it should be working properly. What is your guild's name?

Nah, what i mean is, i put in US, Zul'jin, Souls of Dàrkness, and press track guild and it sends me to the manage page immediately with "invalid key"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Nah, what i mean is, i put in US, Zul'jin, Souls of Dàrkness, and press track guild and it sends me to the manage page immediately with "invalid key"
    You're right, I will look into that, thanks! For now I manually created your guild and PM'd you the key.

If the green tracking is beside their name that means it should be working properly. What is your guild's name?
    Got it working now, was just a little slow to update. Looks great!

Thanks, looks good. Hope it takes off, Guild Audit has unfortunately not been doing so well in Legion for updates.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm having the same issue as Onikaroshi. I put in my information US, Zul'jin, Boss over Adds and get "invalid key" Thank you so much, this tool looks wonderful

Just made one for guild looks great thanks.
    Last edited by Bloodmagix; 2017-02-07 at 12:37 AM.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Is the issue with all guilds on Zul'Jin perhaps? Just tried for my guild, Use Your Imagination, and ran into the same issue as the two others above.

I created the key and put it in for Sardonic Vitriol on US Frostmourne, but it just clears all information on the spreadsheet and doesn't seem to update. I've put the key in and double checked it - am I doing something wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sippycupz View Post
    I'm having the same issue as Onikaroshi. I put in my information US, Zul'jin, Boss over Adds and get "invalid key" Thank you so much, this tool looks wonderful
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotlander View Post
    Is the issue with all guilds on Zul'Jin perhaps? Just tried for my guild, Use Your Imagination, and ran into the same issue as the two others above.
    Yes there was a bug with realms that have an apostrophe in their name. It is fixed now, and I PM'd you your keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    That is indeed a great spreadsheet as well! I only saw that after I made my own, and it makes the API calls from within the spreadsheet which has a bunch of limitations compared to my approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanyxd View Post
    I created the key and put it in for Sardonic Vitriol on US Frostmourne, but it just clears all information on the spreadsheet and doesn't seem to update. I've put the key in and double checked it - am I doing something wrong?
    It can take some time (currently the character data is refreshed about once every 15 minutes) before your characters go from pending to being tracked. Looking at your guild everything should be working fine. Do you still have issues?
    Last edited by mmoc036e00a042; 2017-02-07 at 08:21 AM.

I Love this. Thanks a lot !