Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    There is no "matter of perception". EVERY token in play in the game always costs $20. There are NO free tokens given to anyone. ALL of them are paid for.
    The token that was bought by person X cost them $20. The person who spend gold to buy the same token only cost them time not $$$$.....

For the person who only spent time to get the token its free for them(via no cost of $$$ on there end).

Get it yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    By the way, can anyone on NA confirm if tokens bought before this went live were also redeemable for Bnet balance?
    Yes I can confirm this. Had 10 tokens before it went live and unloaded them all into my bnet.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    for them its free
    No, it wasn't free. Someone paid $20 for them to use a token.

If you go to a movie with your buddy, but he pays for you to get in, you did not get to see the movie for free, your buddy paid for you to see the movie.

^ seconded. had 10 sitting on an alt, now i have $135 bnet balance. in hindsight i should have got 20 lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I can confirm this. Had 10 tokens before it went live and unloaded them all into my bnet.
    Cheers .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    ^ seconded. had 10 sitting on an alt, now i have $135 bnet balance. in hindsight i should have got 20 lol
    10 is the max you could hold anyway, so :P

If you go to a movie with your buddy, but he pays for you to get in, you did not get to see the movie for free, your buddy paid for you to see the movie.
    Its still free for me because it didn't cost me shit. It doesn't matter if it cost someone else something, On my end in my wallet its free.

Simple concept you clearly don't understand.

This doesn't even argue with my original point that people will be doing transfers via gold and that will hurt some servers.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    Cheers .

- - - Updated - - -

10 is the max you could hold anyway, so :P
    good to know

actually had 9, duh. thought it was 10 but that $135 doesn't add up lol

Its still free for me because it didn't cost me shit. It doesn't matter if it cost someone else something, On my end in my wallet its free.

Simple concept you clearly don't understand.
    If you use a token to transfer your character to another server, SOMEONE paid for your transfer, you did not get to transfer for free.

If you transfer to a server for free, that means NO ONE paid for you to transfer.

by your logic the word "free" shouldn't exist because someone always pays the cost.

If you use a token to transfer your character to another server, SOMEONE paid for your transfer, you did not get to transfer for free.

If you transfer to a server for free, that means NO ONE paid for you to transfer.
    no blizzard handled the cost of it. so still not free by your logic

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    blizzard handled the cost
    Blizzard doesn't give away tokens for free. A customer must pay $20 for a token for it to be given to anyone.

What part of ITS FREE FOR ME, Do you not understand.

I'm not saying it didn't cost, I'm saying it didn't cost me shit.

By ur logic the word free isn't real. You are just arguing to argue at this point.

By ur logic the word free isn't real. You are just arguing to argue at this point.
    It does cost you. The time it takes you to gather the gold that someone who paid $20 for the token wants to sell it to you for.

Blizzard doesn't give away tokens for free. A customer must pay $20 for a token for it to be given to anyone.
    we weren't talking tokens, we were talking server transfers. and blizzard has given "free" server transfers in the past. and by your logic they are not "free" because blizzard handles the cost.

It does cost you. The time it takes you to gather the gold that someone who paid $20 for the token wants to sell it to you for.
    It takes me no time to gather gold. It was free based on me not having to spend real life $$$$$$.

Once again simple concept that you clearly can't seem to wrap your head around. Done replying to this since its clear u don't understand and I'm done repeating myself.

My original point still stands.

Deleted
    This might make me more rich on bnet than in real life lol

takes me no time
    False. Gold doesn't just appear in your bags. You must take the time to gather it by playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahlee View Post
    I don't think Blizzard thought this one through. One of the big things they fail to realize < this is just based off of friends that play and guild members > is A LOT of people play on free tokens and there are many who use tokens that will not pay Blizzard real money again. If tokens go to absurd prices.. they'll just quit. Blizzard has lost the trust and faith of way to many people including myself. Only reason I stick around is well.. literally I play for free and have since the token launched. 25-40k is a reasonable price. 65k+.. for most people isn't viable and I honestly can see their subs dropping even further due to this. They need to imo put a cap on the cost of tokens in game and w/o one.. it's only gonna hurt their bottom line.

Just another cash grab by their dev team. Due to the terrible devs they have this xpac and the resulting huge decline in subs they are doing what ever they can to filter more cash in.
    I strongly doubt the devs are sitting in their offices thinking, "You know what we should add to the game, tokens you can buy with WoW gold that converts to battle.net balance. Yeah that sounds great!"

There's a force behind all of this. Assuming the devs were responsible for this is wrong imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    How is this desperate? And who loses? "Full play to buy" would imply everyone gets the game and all its expacs free right? Your comment (aside from a little P2B on the more hardcore end) is misleading and pointless.
    Everyone loses - Warlords of Draenor and Hearthstone were borderline browser games. Open your eyes!

And yes, customers will be getting Blizzard games for free, since time is a commodity that millenials have aplenty, and millenials are the primary purchasers of Blizzard products.

Now ask Chris Metzen if he can buy a Yacht or a Sandwich off of the time of his customers. The answer is: he can't! Blizzard is basically sending the message that the money just isn't there anymore, and that player retention has reached critical levels of "must improve at any cost".
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2017-02-06 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it. Game time went up 20k since the last time I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Costs $20 of actual money to buy a token, selling a token only gets you $15 of in store credit. Seems logical.
    You know those credit card charges you get for processing payments?

Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Time spent getting gold has or had (if you gathered the gold some time ago) a "cost" also, seeing you could also do other (possibly more fun / usefull) stuff in that time, in the end you might even argue that free time is more valuable then money, for some atleast.

I mean i play this game for fun, so i pay Blizzard €12 euro a month or something to play, for me not a big seal since it costs me less that a hour to make the €12. I rather work +- 160 hours a month, use the money i make to sub tot wow and have fun all the hours i play, than that i work 160 hours a month, and also use valuable free time to grind (which i find not fun, some ppl might though) the gold needed for the 120K or something token a month, especially if the prices will skyrocket now and the gold will take even longer to grind.