Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Cost of tokens shot up to 74k gold on my server

So with this new feature I could buy Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, etc and the expac(s) (not sure if there is more than one)?

And if there is a sale, is it a forced retail price via b.net currency or do you still get a sale price? (again not sure if they have frequent sales).

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    So with this new feature I could buy Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, etc and the expac(s) (not sure if there is more than one)?

And if there is a sale, is it a forced retail price via b.net currency or do you still get a sale price? (again not sure if they have frequent sales).
    its just like using a credit card on their site, you get all sales and stuff

if you go for starcraft 2 with expansions get the battlechest, basically its one free xpac(I got the premo version for more pets)

Can anyone clear up 2 things for me?

- When/if is it coming to EU Region?
    - Are you able to pay for Race change, Faction change, Server change etc in WoW?

Wasn't able to see it among the FAQ

EU server token price is now 144,908

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    EU server token price is now 144,908
    If it keeps going up with 3% per hour, it might end up over double the original pre-announcement price tomorrow, (112k)

450k gold per transfer/race change/faction change here we come
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-07 at 04:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    If it keeps going up with 3% per hour, it might end up over double the original pre-announcement price tomorrow, (112k)
    kinda hard if they keep selling out.

No Tusk Club.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    kinda hard if they keep selling out.
    It still went up from 112 to 145k , at 3% per hour. (EU) (over a 30% increase within the last 10 hours) https://wowtoken.info/

US went from 63 to 79, which is also about 30% at the same rate (+3.03%/hr according to that site)
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-07 at 04:34 AM.

Buy tokens using different accounts, accumulate balance then buy tokens and resell them for gold when the price of the token is doubled.
    You're welcome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    It still went up from 112 to 145k , at 3% per hour. (EU)
    yeas but now they are sold out. again. Blizzard screwed the pooch with this one. They should never have allowed the saving up for tokens for this.

No Tusk Club.

Use this macro guys to help get your token, just spam it with the AH menu open and keep your mouse on the "accept" button. If the token is out it will take your gold and send it to the mailbox (try again).

/script C_WowTokenPublic.BuyToken()

Double price? Yeah right. Assuming you can even get one right now. They're going to go for A LOT more since they let you buy *anything* that Blizzard is offering digitally. I'd expect the price to start slow down around 1 million gold. That's when the casuals players start draining, the gold farmers and what not will still keep buying them.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    Double price? Yeah right. Assuming you can even get one right now. They're going to go for A LOT more since they let you buy *anything* that Blizzard is offering digitally. I'd expect the price to start slow down around 1 million gold. That's when the casuals players start draining, the gold farmers and what not will still keep buying them.
    At the current rate it will be far more then double increase every 24 hours but yeah eventually they will plateau out.

Especially since you typically need 2 tokens for a transfer/race/faction change which is likely the most used for WoW (aside from game time)

I really wonder what effect it will have on the rest of the WoW AH long-term.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-07 at 04:42 AM.

They removed the 36 cap a month or so ago. I bought a ridiculous amount of those things which gave me time for 15 years. It's not like I use gold for anything in the game and have way too much. At least now it has more uses so that's nice.

That script someone posted it doesn't work the way you think it would. It will take you money but it won't buy the token, you will get your gold back of course in the mail.
    Last edited by huldu; 2017-02-07 at 04:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave up on the tokens. I was capped from my one account. My game time had 8 days left on it and I still wasn't able to buy anymore. I'm now linked to my credit card. The token crap is messed.

They should really add a bunch new expensive mounts to wow, 150k ones preferably, if they are to in any way keep Token sales reasonably priced.

Sure in a few days you can become super rich ingame by selling tokens bought with real money. But what's there to buy with that gold? A spider mount for an obscene amount of gold, and some old mounts everyone that's played a while, already has.

There should be more things to buy with ingame gold outside the store, if we're to make selling tokens more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    But what's there to buy with that gold?
    Boosts mostly. People buy them for outrageous amounts. 500k for a m+ run so you get 1 piece of gear in your weekly cache that might 1) have bad stats for your spec 2) be for a slot you don't care about because you have for example a legendary in there 3) be obsolete in a few months anyway as the ilvl inflation proceeds, etc. etc.

No idea who buys them and why but people DO buy them. I have friends in hardcore guilds and they sell everything, m+, karazhan, raid boosts, achievement runs and so on.

congrantz to method for world 3rd!!!
    Last edited by Tarx; 2017-02-07 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    No idea who buys them and why but people DO buy them. I have friends in hardcore guilds and they sell everything, m+, karazhan, raid boosts, achievement runs and so on.
    And then presumably the people in those guilds spend the gold from their boost-selling to buy tokens to cover their sub, and the cycle of life is maintained.

Deleted
    160k in europe