Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yes they would. In fact in the demon hunter order hall there is a number of shivarra that have already betrayed the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if we get some defectors on Argus. They are only aiding him because they are forced to, most of them at least. Once we get there and they find out they have a chance to be freed, I wouldn't be surprised if a race or two asks us for help.

This could even have already taken place. Perhaps these demons are part of the Army of Light with Turalyon.
    Umm..

I feel like we've covered that by this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimad View Post
    Yes they would. In fact in the demon hunter order hall there is a number of shivarra that have already betrayed the legion.
    Not just shivarra. All over Outland, and in BT particularly, there are Illidari demons of every size and shape that defected away from the Legion. There's also the purified Dreadlord in the paladin order hall.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    Umm..

(Holy Dreadlord Image)

I feel like we've covered that by this point.
    That guy, assuming they haven't changed the story from alpha on him, is actually a human paladin. A Dreadlord attempted to possess him, and somehow the paladin used light magic to accidentally reverse the possession. So, the Dreadlord ceased to exist, and the paladin "possessed" the Dreadlord instead.

EDIT: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lothraxion

Huzzah, he actually IS a certified Dreadlord who was infused with holy light instead of demonic fel. He isn't and was never a human. I'm actually very happy about this because I thought the "reverse possession" thing was kind of lame, and I really liked the idea of a "good" Dreadlord who was redeemed somehow.

Makes me want to level my paladin.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2017-02-07 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    That guy, assuming they haven't changed the story from alpha on him, is actually a human paladin. A Dreadlord attempted to possess him, and somehow the paladin used light magic to accidentally reverse the possession. So, the Dreadlord ceased to exist, and the paladin "possessed" the Dreadlord instead.

EDIT: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lothraxion

Huzzah, he actually IS a certified Dreadlord who was infused with holy light instead of demonic fel. He isn't and was never a human. I'm actually very happy about this because I thought the "reverse possession" thing was kind of lame, and I really liked the idea of a "good" Dreadlord who was redeemed somehow.

Makes me want to level my paladin.
    It sounds like you're thinking of Loramus Thalipedes. I can't find any reference to that plot being used for Lothraxion in the alpha/beta phase, but it pretty much exactly describes Loramus in Legion (well, except that it was a demon hunter, not a paladin).
    Last edited by Draeth; 2017-02-07 at 06:06 AM.

As Aquamonkey stated, a big factor for the Demons seems to be their addiction. It takes a strong source of magic to break a dependence like the Legion has on the power Sargeras and his forces provide. Without replacement, you're probably not going to be steadfast in your rebellion for very long.

An added factor, besides Sargeras' strength, is the fact that there's little alternative to servitude to the Legion right now. No force has permanently held out against the Burning Legion yet, besides Azeroth so far. Among worlds in numbers uncountable. So escaping the Legion's grasp means no permanent safe haven. Sooner or later, all worlds will burn. Every demon that takes the step to betray the Legion and join some other force is taking a big risk. Historically, it's not worked out well.

Lastly, you remain a demon, so few people would actually be willing to accept you as a part of their forces, let alone offer you shelter and power.

Illidan was able to provide many factors like that. Offering the power to break the Legion's bonds. The promise of the Legion's downfall. And a willingness to offer them a place at his table. For a rebellious demon, it is a good deal.

The Shivarra seem especially to have joined him. This is speculation, but as they are described as devout, and have priests, perhaps they have foreseen Sargeras' downfall. Heck, for all we know, it was Xe'ra that prophesized it and sent them on a path to Illidan. Sounds like something that crazy Naaru would do.

Why not?
    Lots of demons have done it

Satyr. Some of them are loyal to OG. ILLIDAN or Sargeras
    Naga. While not demons. They stilm follow different orders like Legion Old Gods. Illidan etc.
    Nathrezim and other legion races also are seeing working alongside Illidans forces in outland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    Nathrezim and other legion races also are seeing working alongside Illidans forces in outland
    There's a Nathrezim somewhere in Legion -- in one of the artifact scenarios maybe? -- who tells us something to the effect of, "The Nathrezim are always on the winning side." I may not have that exact quote correct or I may have misunderstood him. It made perfect sense to me though if understood it correctly in that regard; while uttered as a threat to the PC at the time, later on, the moment that Sargeras begins to look weak then the Nathrezim will be scheming against him and flipping sides.

Deleted
    Not to mention warlocks reigning over the Dreadscar like their own personal army. I hope Illidan doesn't end up being the Bolvar of the Legion, keeping the hungry demons in check after Sargeras is done for.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    There's a Nathrezim somewhere in Legion -- in one of the artifact scenarios maybe? -- who tells us something to the effect of, "The Nathrezim are always on the winning side." I may not have that exact quote correct or I may have misunderstood him. It made perfect sense to me though if understood it correctly in that regard; while uttered as a threat to the PC at the time, later on, the moment that Sargeras begins to look weak then the Nathrezim will be scheming against him and flipping sides.
    There are several named and unnamed Illidari allied Nathrezim in Outland

Quote that you mention is " I'm always on the winning side" and it is said by Varimathras in Wc3 and in wow
    Also by some other dreadlord in TBc if I remember correctly

Also during fel fire quest for warlocks, Ebonlocke mentions how demons alligned to illidan are missing fel lights. As Illidan gave them different source of power beyond fel magic of lwgion

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Sargeras got demons doped up on his fel. Break that addiction or substitute it with something else and you get your own army of demons. Just ask Illidan.
    I wonder if something like this is gonna happen on Argus. But what could we offer demons? Maybe Illidan has something stored for emergencies

In Warcraft 3 it was hinted that the Nathrezim are more independant of the Legion than it usually appears.

Detheroc: The Legion may be defeated, but we are the Nathrezim!
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/A_Kingdom_Divided_(WC3_Undead)

Varimathras: But I... It is forbidden for one of the Nathrezim to kill another! My defection was one thing, but this...
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/A_New_Power...n_(WC3_Undead)

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    In Warcraft 3 it was hinted that the Nathrezim are more independant of the Legion than it usually appears.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/A_Kingdom_Divided_(WC3_Undead)

http://wow.gamepedia.com/A_New_Power...n_(WC3_Undead)
    It would be cool if somehow from Legion's eventual downfall Nathrezim come up as ultimate victors. Like while Army of Light and BL are at each other's throat they make some scheme to put themselves on top of demon hierarchy... Since Legion launched Nathrezim lost their cunning personality and became just generic "threats yelling" demons. But what I saw from 7.2 spoliers maybe Mesphiroth will reedem the situation.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-02-07 at 05:27 PM.

Read up on these demons:

Ulthalesh - a nathrezim dreadlord that initially didn't want to follow Sargeras when he freed them all from Mardum;

Sataiel - Wanted to, eventually, overthrow Sargeras using the very weapon of Ulthalesh.