10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by magiee View Post
    so was just wonderng if somone could steer me in the right direction do holy pallies go for 4 set or just stay on 2 set
    Go for 4 set.

Quote Originally Posted by magiee View Post
    so was just wonderng if somone could steer me in the right direction do holy pallies go for 4 set or just stay on 2 set
    2pc is, what, around 2% HPS increase? 4pc is 6-8%. Go for 4pc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeleena View Post
    You sure it's garbage? In the spreadsheet, this trinket actually shoots way above anything else.
    You're asking the wrong question.

If you had less than two legendaries, the cost of using Velen's would have been giving up another trinket. The spreadsheet can tell you how high that cost is. In that scenario, Velen's is a clear winner.

You have at least two legendaries, however: shoulders and neck. The cost of using Velen's is now giving up another trinket AND another legendary. Well, as it turns out, Velen's is a downgrade: you will lose HPS if you replace your shoulders or your neck (hence the "garbage" comment). The cost of replacing another legendary is beyond the scope of the spreadsheet, so the answer seems to make no sense if the spreadsheet is the only thing you use to make a decision.

[QUOTE=MCC;44460196]2pc is, what, around 2% HPS increase? 4pc is 6-8%. Go for 4pc.

- - - Updated - - -

so whichc peices should i be going for
    chest legs hands shoulders?

chest, legs and helm for sure. 4th piece is either shoulders or gloves, depending on what gear/legendaries you have access to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cybertier View Post
    Resto shaman here considering rerolling to hpala for M+.
    In our group there is this notion that a hpala could bring a lot of dps to the table while still healing the group. Is this true for high-ish M+?
    Theoretically yes but it really depends. I'd suggest basing this decision on what class you enjoy more because they're both very good M+ healers.

Quote Originally Posted by huerohueroxxx View Post
    What is the best LAST talent for 5man m+? Beacon of virtue or Beacon of lightbringer?
    Whatever works for you.

Deleted
    It has lower stats than all comparable trinkets, so only if you do not have anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    2pc is, what, around 2% HPS increase? 4pc is 6-8%. Go for 4pc.

- - - Updated - - -

You're asking the wrong question.

If you had less than two legendaries, the cost of using Velen's would have been giving up another trinket. The spreadsheet can tell you how high that cost is. In that scenario, Velen's is a clear winner.

You have at least two legendaries, however: shoulders and neck. The cost of using Velen's is now giving up another trinket AND another legendary. Well, as it turns out, Velen's is a downgrade: you will lose HPS if you replace your shoulders or your neck (hence the "garbage" comment). The cost of replacing another legendary is beyond the scope of the spreadsheet, so the answer seems to make no sense if the spreadsheet is the only thing you use to make a decision.
    In theory the spreadsheet should be able to handle this... just run it with all three combos and see which one provides the best results. It will be impacted by what your replacement item is (i.e. if you have a titan warforged socketed neck to replace your legendary, but only a crappy replacement trinket (or vice versa) then one may prove to be a larger upgrade than the other, at least until you get a better replacement item for that slot).

I have the 3 best (according to icy veins) legendaries.

Obsidian Stone Spaulders
    Ilterendi, Crown Jewel of Silvermoon
    Chain of Thrayn

I'm a filthy casual and typically just pug normal and heroic raids. Which two should I equip? Does it matter whether there is another paladin with JoL in the raid?

Deleted
    shoulders and ring. chain will be mostly overhealing in normal/hc pugs.

no.

Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    chest, legs and helm for sure. 4th piece is either shoulders or gloves, depending on what gear/legendaries you have access to.
    What he said. The cloak slot is taken (you'll be using Drape of Shame). Tier shoulder stats are ungood, so I suspect you'll want tier gloves unless you have legendary gloves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rude Hero View Post
    I have the 3 best (according to icy veins) legendaries.

Obsidian Stone Spaulders
    Ilterendi, Crown Jewel of Silvermoon
    Chain of Thrayn

I'm a filthy casual and typically just pug normal and heroic raids. Which two should I equip? Does it matter whether there is another paladin with JoL in the raid?
    Shoulders and ring. The belt makes your AW into one monster of a cooldown, and it is unlikely that you'll need that if you are not doing mythic raiding.

JoL shouldn't matter. You won't be judging on cooldown, you'll be doing it only when there's enough health deficit for you to heal.

Thanks!

Follow-up questions, think they should be the last:
    Given those items, should I be taking Sanctified Wrath or Judgment of Light? Does it matter?
    How much better is Beacon of Faith in nighthold? I kind of prefer taking advantage of mastery through Beacon of the Lightbringer, but if it's hurting my numbers i'll switch

Seems like Beacon of Faith (100% base, 20% 1st beacon, 20% second beacon = 140%) gives the same overall healing (100% base, 40% 1st beacon), but Lightbringer gives you guaranteed uptime on mastery

Thanks!

Given those items, should I be taking Sanctified Wrath or Judgment of Light? Does it matter?
    How much better is Beacon of Faith in nighthold? I kind of prefer taking advantage of mastery through Beacon of the Lightbringer, but if it's hurting my numbers i'll switch

Seems like Beacon of Faith (100% base, 20% 1st beacon, 20% second beacon = 140%) gives the same overall healing (100% base, 40% 1st beacon), but Lightbringer gives you guaranteed uptime on mastery
    Beacon of Faith is 20% reduced from 40% which ends up being 32%. So it ends up being 100% + 32% + 32% = 164%.

Thanks!

JoL is your go-to talent, unless the fight has enough damage to support SW or another holy paladin in the raid has JoL and you cannot persuade them to switch (protection or retribution paladins have no business taking JoL; if they do, tell them to stop being bad).

I am not sure what you mean by "guaranteed uptime". Your mastery is always active.

BoL improves your AoE healing and makes your performance less sensitive to positioning. BoF gives you more tank healing (in theory) if both tanks take damage at the same time. Try both beacons and keep the one that gives you better numbers. I suspect it will be close.

Why wouldn't you be judging on cd for the extra healing from ring. Ask someone to change. Most will be willing.

Deleted
    With the ring you should really be timing your judgements for massive LODs/(Prisms)/Holy Shocks. While you are doing it, you may as well pick up JOL. JOL is great healing and since the heal scales with spellpower, a holy paladin is the best JOL caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    With the ring you should really be timing your judgements for massive LODs/(Prisms)/Holy Shocks.
    Actually... no, you don't. You should be judging whenever you think there's enough damage to heal. If you use it with hard-hitting cooldowns, that's great. If not, FoL or LotM is still good enough to cast while you have the ring buff.

Quote Originally Posted by MCC View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by "guaranteed uptime". Your mastery is always active.
    I think he meant the two circles of mastery (one with you at the center, the other with your beacon target as the center), rather than mastery not always being active.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I think he meant the two circles of mastery (one with you at the center, the other with your beacon target as the center), rather than mastery not always being active.
    It still doesn't track since that's not how mastery works (the bonus decreases linearly with distance between the target and the caster), but okay. I guess it was just a figure of speech or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plus it's a decent amount of damage going to the boss and it procs Knight of the Silver Hand for that extra defense. Every bit of damage helps.
    Shouldn't we always be doing that if possible? Im playing without ring/JoL and I still try to time that GCD for Judgement before some big damage hits. And I also try to sneak in as much damage as possible in downtimes (or when just few people are hovering at 90% life). We raid with HPriest and RDruids, they soak up those small heals just fine. I always thought it was one of Pally's major strengths to stand in melee and plain auto hit the boss when nothing's happening and HoTs are ticking. It always amazes me how high my damage parses, when I'm simply trying to use my entire healing team to its most efficient use.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ofc you should but sadly not everyone does. Also some times you cannot afford to be on melee range but you can always judge
    Well, I've been a Disc Priest for two addons until this very recent reroll, so sneaking in damage feels natural to me. Which actually brings me to one of the major issues I currently have:

We're standing in front of Krosus (M) at the moment, toned down to three healers to meet the dps check. I'm used to playing with Devo Aura, Divine Purpose and Crusader's Might, but switched to Sacrifice, Holy Avenger and Light's Hammer last night in order to push more numbers and generate more throughput on a harsh fight. But now I find myself majorly struggling. The fluidness of spamming lots of Shocks/Dawns is missing, I feel clunky and slow and even though I am slightly above the other two, it feels as if I should be generating even more heal. As healer officer, I'm basically looking for confirmation to keep me on that 3-healer team, instead of switching in someone else. Any ideas on how to improve on that particular boss?