Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    "We're not first every boss? BUFF!", meanwhile, so many classes are not even relevant or viable for cutting edge progress... gotta love mages crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Its unlikely any changes will happen until next big rewamp - say, next expansion. Mage era is over, a lot of time have to pass, until we can get some love again, not to aggro mage-is-developers-class people.
    See. Right after my post. There is still bunch of such people. Imagine ton of butthurt from them if Mages get buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We're not first every boss? BUFF!", meanwhile, so many classes are not even relevant or viable for cutting edge progress... gotta love mages crying.

Gotta love the assumptions as well... Smh..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    See. Right after my post. There is still bunch of such people. Imagine ton of butthurt from them if Mages get buffed.
    Other classes' feelings aren't our problem.

It's up to them to lobby Blizzard for their own improvements.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see some of your guilds parses so I could see how relevant your opinion is.

Deleted
    First raid in the history of WoW that melees are better than rangeds and people already cry. Give me a break, it was damn time after 18 tiers. First time i haven't ahd to bench half of my melee roster for fight mechanics/spread/aoe damage bullshit like ascendant council.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    First raid in the history of WoW that melees are better than rangeds and people already cry. Give me a break, it was damn time after 18 tiers. First time i haven't ahd to bench half of my melee roster for fight mechanics/spread/aoe damage bullshit like ascendant council.
    First time in wow's history? Boy, talk about hyperbole (glaived rogues say hello). So you're saying it's fine that melee can top meters by tunneling the boss whilst not having to deal with mechanics? Do you realize how pretentious this makes you sound? There needs to be balance, period. It's not up for debate.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2017-02-07 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Wasn't that fight like 6 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    What are the chances? Seriously, I'm tired of competing with dk's that pull 800k single target...
    Did you really just say "I'm tired of competing with dk's"? Like for real DK has not been top in a really really long time and a lot would argue that their "class fantasy" would should make them have high dmg. Beyond that though how fuck, as a mage, can you hold the stance of im tired of competeing with a DK? You guys didnt have to compete to in EN. both dk specs were trash. And you didnt have to compete with DKs in any WoD tiers. Especially HFC where arcane stood king on almost all the fight for the entire tier, except for heroic week where frost dk was overpowered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkaz View Post
    DH's and DK's with need a little nerf. DK's with perma breath with lust is super dumb.
    Nobody gets a 2 min breath even with lust unless you get some godly rng

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisongaz View Post
    Did you really just say "I'm tired of competing with dk's"? Like for real DK has not been top in a really really long time and a lot would argue that their "class fantasy" would should make them have high dmg. Beyond that though how fuck, as a mage, can you hold the stance of im tired of competeing with a DK? You guys didnt have to compete to in EN. both dk specs were trash. And you didnt have to compete with DKs in any WoD tiers. Especially HFC where arcane stood king on almost all the fight for the entire tier, except for heroic week where frost dk was overpowered.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody gets a 2 min breath even with lust unless you get some godly rng
    I'm generally referring to all melee classes as per the logs suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    I'm generally referring to all melee classes as per the logs suggest.
    Well you specifically Dks so sorry if i assumed. That being said the spec that DK is running right now to pull those numbers is one of, if not the most mechanically intensive spec in the game right now. ANY weird movement with the boss or any small screw up fucks you for the whole fight. Unlike so specs, I wont say any names, that have 2 maybe 3 button rotations.

This might sound like I'm being cocky but I've been first in my guild's DPS pretty much every single time mages were even halfway decent. Now I'm far behind DH and other melee in any kind of single target scenario. I have all the BiS legendaries also. All the other mages pretty much got sat because they can't even really compete since you have to work your ass off to do any kind of decent damage once your raid gets around 900 ilvl. The only reason to bring a mage right now is a token ranged spot and to give them gear in case Blizz has mercy on us. That's why you still see top guilds bringing one to kills. Where's the mage on the gul'dan kill? Not even visible on the meter. And that's actually one of the decent mage fights. Mages are really really bad right now in anything other than mass AoE situations. But I don't expect a buff too soon due to the ongoing anti mage circle jerk ever since Legion's been out.

Stop complaining, all rangeds are behind on DPS in NH because of the lack of mechanics melee has to deal with in there. The balance right now seems much better than a few months ago when mage/hunter/spriests dominate every fucking fight.
    Mages are fine the way they are now, you just want to be the first on dps in every fight without putting any affort on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    Stop complaining, all rangeds are behind on DPS in NH because of the lack of mechanics melee has to deal with in there. The balance right now seems much better than a few months ago when mage/hunter/spriests dominate every fucking fight.
    Mages are fine the way they are now, you just want to be the first on dps in every fight without putting any affort on it.
    Yup, that's exactly it. You should consider applying for blizzards class dev team.

In all complete honesty, WHY does fire need buffs at all? Hasn't it been getting small buffs fairly steadily? Is it not acceptable that, at its best and being played by the best, that its firmly in the middle of the pack (single target) after being way overpowered for the first tier of raiding? How is it so bad that it desperately needs attention? And finally, what does it actually matter? If you have the luxury of complaining about what sounds like a fellow raider contributing to the defeat of an encounter, why is it that you have to be above them?

Everyone has a right to an opinion, your right to be of the mind that fire needs buffs, and me to wonder why it matters when fire isn't in a bad spot at all. If it was bottom of the barrel, behind every spec and every class by a wide margin, then sure, I could only agree with you. Given that this is not the case, it just feels like jealousy. You were used to being on top, or beating certain raid members handily, and now you're not. Instead of complaining about punishing raid mechanics for ranged classes, imbalance in talent builds, or poor raid scaling for different raid modes, you're stuck on the sort of selfish "Why aren't my numbers bigger!? I do more and deserve more!" sort of rant, hence some of the blow-back you're getting from the forum. So, my own answer would be, no, its doesn't need buffs. If you actually really like fire, as a spec and theme, then go own it. Get better, make it your own, and quit relying on sims, logs, and meters to make excuses for your own deficits, because someone who enjoys a spec and plays it masterfully will always be better than a FotM Bandwagon-er.

It sucks but i'm not too worried since blizzard was always fast to rebuff us when we underperform and all the whine and qq "omg op mages shut up!" means jack shit when blizzard has access to logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikuman View Post
    In all complete honesty, WHY does fire need buffs at all? Hasn't it been getting small buffs fairly steadily? Is it not acceptable that, at its best and being played by the best, that its firmly in the middle of the pack (single target) after being way overpowered for the first tier of raiding? How is it so bad that it desperately needs attention? And finally, what does it actually matter? If you have the luxury of complaining about what sounds like a fellow raider contributing to the defeat of an encounter, why is it that you have to be above them?

Everyone has a right to an opinion, your right to be of the mind that fire needs buffs, and me to wonder why it matters when fire isn't in a bad spot at all. If it was bottom of the barrel, behind every spec and every class by a wide margin, then sure, I could only agree with you. Given that this is not the case, it just feels like jealousy. You were used to being on top, or beating certain raid members handily, and now you're not. Instead of complaining about punishing raid mechanics for ranged classes, imbalance in talent builds, or poor raid scaling for different raid modes, you're stuck on the sort of selfish "Why aren't my numbers bigger!? I do more and deserve more!" sort of rant, hence some of the blow-back you're getting from the forum. So, my own answer would be, no, its doesn't need buffs. If you actually really like fire, as a spec and theme, then go own it. Get better, make it your own, and quit relying on sims, logs, and meters to make excuses for your own deficits, because someone who enjoys a spec and plays it masterfully will always be better than a FotM Bandwagon-er.
    The issue is that it was never 'way overpowered'.

Fire was good/alright, Xavius pushed our numbers up way too much.

Also that last part is objectively not really true lol.

Were there any boomkins in the world first race? If so, how did they perform?

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Were there any boomkins in the world first race? If so, how did they perform?
    Not sure why it matters or why should mages care? Druids have their own forums be that mmoc or blizzard official where they can give their feedback about spec performance, no one is going to say "oh look boomkins are crap also its all fine now".

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    The issue is that it was never 'way overpowered'.

Fire was good/alright, Xavius pushed our numbers up way too much.

Also that last part is objectively not really true lol.
    You're sorta just pointing out what you disagree with, but not the point I make. Even if that's a slight exaggeration on my part, fire was certainly among the best in EN, and had to be toned down even, so it wasn't just "ok".

The last part, I will stand by. Not that I do or do not believe people posting here are part of Mythic progression for NH, but how people complain make it sound as if they are on of the World First teams racing to the finish, which makes the complaining sound really pretentious. If you are really one of the game's greatest mages, and on the absolute cutting edge, I wouldn't be inclined to disagree, and perhaps be eager to learn something. But because the people posting here are NOT that, they absolutely have room to improve themselves, and it is of my opinion that passion and comfort for the spec will have massive returns, rather than spec hoping for FotM. Now THAT is something I have seen plenty of times before, not that you have to agree with it.

Point being, fire is still in a good spot, people should work on themselves and stop looking at the cutting edge, crying foul, or asking them to make decisions for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikuman View Post
    You're sorta just pointing out what you disagree with, but not the point I make. Even if that's a slight exaggeration on my part, fire was certainly among the best in EN, and had to be toned down even, so it wasn't just "ok".
    Well thats just not true https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...853&dataset=90
    if you go per boss fights it goes like this
    Nythendra: 9
    ll'gynoth: 6
    Spider: 4
    Usroc: 4
    Dragons: 2
    Cenarius: 17
    Xavius: 3

So even with few fights where fire should shine it still wasn't taking top spots and it certanly didnt need toning down.

And lets see ToV

Odyn: 19
    Guarm: 11
    Helya: 9

Mkay op spec
    Last edited by Desparil; 2017-02-07 at 08:22 AM.