Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good. Flying ruins immersion.

This is so smart. I would like to totally get rid of flying but this is almost the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yeah, Legion has few problems and sure as hell retarded terrain is one of the biggest flaws. Often it feels as if they went extra lengths to inconvenience the player. For example I can't remember so many small doodads everywhere which were BLOCKING character movement. Normally you could just run through them in earlier zones. But not here! Fences that are JUST high enough you cannot jump through them. Slopes that are steep JUST enough that you cannot climb them. All that shit everywhere. And then some shitty mob dazes you just to salt the wound. The time I have wasted finding my way to the next objective in this expansion is absolutely staggering and exceeds all previous expansions combined.
    I don't miss flight so much. I miss terrain that is not fucking frustrating.
    Agree with this. Legion's world design is a claustrophobic clusterfuck. Northrend shits all over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There's no opinion here. It's a literal fact that in any game which uses a subscription model, anything that slows down the pace translates to potential monthly profit. Whether or not that pacing is enjoyable or acceptable to the playerbase is irrelevant unless it reaches a point where a player subs or unsubs.

Everything about Legion is geared towards making tasks take longer. Arbitrary Daily and weekly lockouts. Timed order hall missions. Even flight paths. All of which are not intended to make the game better, or to get you to your objective more quickly, or to allow the player to play the game at their own pace for their own enjoyment. They are not there because "pacing makes the game better". They are there because it's an MMORPG that makes profit from keeping people subbed.

All you need to do is compare WoW to any game which does not use a monthly sub to see the differencs. Diablo 3 is the closest and easiest example I can think of. Instead of flight paths you have instant teleports. There are no daily or weekly lockouts on "World Quests" or keystones. You just do them, and when they're done you do them again without delay, if you want.

It's not that WoW doesn't have some good aspects, or can't be enjoyable. But people need to realize just how much of the game is built the way it is because of the influence of the monthly sub. Being used to the sub doesn't change that. Liking the game how it is doesn't change that. Being a fan of Blizzard doesn't change that.

Taking away flying might have had the effect of making people spend more time to appreciate the landscape and world design, but it was NOT the primary reason it was done. Enjoyment of views and appreciation of vistas and terrain are 100% purely subjective and not something Blizzard can control. You can't FORCE someone to enjoy a sunset, no matter how beautiful you might think it is. But the time it takes to get somewhere in the game? That is static. That absolutely is something that Blizzard can control. And if you think they aren't doing that when the stakes of millions of dollars EVERY MONTH are on the table....then you aren't willing to be critical or objective.|

A quote I read online a few months ago seems to apply here: "It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they are being fooled."
    Or you know, it gives them time to develop more content for that expansion because people aren't blowing through it at an asinine pace and then going onto the forums to bitch about lack of content or the content they do get is very little and Blizzard sucks...........but hey what do I know?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Sorry/not sorry you feel that way.

Blizzard went to enormous trouble to create interesting terrain for Legion. By "interesting" I mean sometimes terribly frustrating (where's that goddamn world quest miniboss?!?) but Suramar, for example, is incredibly intricate and worth learning.
    Suramar is aids.

Yesterday i spent half an hour trying to find the NH entrance (among all the mobs that basically rape you) and still failed. (yes i'm a casual player this expansion)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    dang... i hadn't though about the argus thing but you could be right uhg... I'll never understand why blizz doesn't use flying as a stand out feature of their MMO vs others.
    because blizzard themselves have stated they regretted ever putting flying in, so now they are finding a middle ground where you get to fly eventually when it dosnt have much impact.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    Suramar is aids.

Yesterday i spent half an hour trying to find the NH entrance and still failed.
    And how is that Blizz's fault? You did the questline before, you should've known where it is by now.

Deleted
    I like it. The new model rules. Period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darebel View Post
    And how is that Blizz's fault? You did the questline before, you should've known where it is by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Sth View Post
    If there'd still be certain things to do, they wouldn't enable flying there. That would go against the whole reason to disable flying in the first place.

The reason they disabled flying is that if you can fly, the outdoor content becomes trivial. You can skip over hurdles, and you can complete it faster.

It is their new philosophy to always have flying disabled when it matters.
    You work at blizz?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's not a problem.
    I wasn't trying to convince you, personally, of anything. You've made your stance on the matter quite clear in previous posts. I was simply stating a fact: Subbing to the game means you are supporting it and whatever decisions the devs decide to make for the game. That's not an arguable point; it's just truth. Because of this, if a person doesn't like how Blizzard is handling ANY aspect of the game, their opinion literally doesn't matter as long as they're subbed.

This means that the only effective form of expressing your desire for the game to move in any particular direction is to unsub. Money talks. And if enough people unsub, then things can happen. Of course the opposite is true as well: If enough people DON'T unsub, then Blizz will just keep doing whatever they want.

So yeah...sure, there are plenty of people who don't care one way or another because they're either too invested in the game to quit over something they view as relatively minor, pr they like the direction the game is going. But there's also people who DON'T. And telling them to STFU and GTFO just because they don't like the same things you like is...well...there's not a polite word for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Or you know, it gives them time to develop more content for that expansion because people aren't blowing through it at an asinine pace and then going onto the forums to bitch about lack of content or the content they do get is very little and Blizzard sucks...........but hey what do I know?
    And really...why would blowing through the content actually be a problem for the PLAYER? They'd just unsub and go play something else until new content was released. This is literally how every B2P game works. The reason why people complain about a lack of content is because they're constantly being charged every month with nothing new to show for it. There are plenty of games that don't operate off a monthly sub. Do people complain that they suck? Sure...if the game sucks. But if the game is actually good, they play it, enjoy it, and then go on to something else.

Stop and think about that for a little bit, then get back to me.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-02-07 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darebel View Post
    Because it's a fucking multi-level maze.

The game is much more interesting without flying as we don't get to skip everything in the way when going for an objective. Flying is now just something to cover ground faster in out-dated content. I hope it stays like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    The game is much more interesting without flying as we don't get to skip everything in the way when going for an objective. Flying is now just something to cover ground faster in out-dated content. I hope it stays like this.
    I don't mind ground mounts in Cows area or Vrykyl, etc. but Suramar design and navigation is fucking retarded. I'm also about 850 ilv and the mobs in Suramar is a fucking roadblock, it takes hours to get through them (Ele shaman) to your destination just to do a couple of quests. It's just frustrating AF.

I don't mind ground mounts in Cows area or Vrykyl, etc. but Suramar design and navigation is fucking retarded. I'm also about 850 ilv and the mobs in Suramar is a fucking roadblock, it takes hours to get through them (Ele shaman) to your destination just to do a couple of quests. It's just frustrating AF.
    Suramar was probably one of the best solo experiences for me because it had a sense of danger and it wasn't just faceroll content like most other quests. Yes the guards can easily kill you if you're undergeared and you pull more than you can handle, but that's a major part of the fun. You're supposed to be sneaking around and if you're caught then you should run away or you can hide in one of those large bags or use grappling hook points. Btw as a Shaman your best bet for retreating is to go out into the water with water walking imo, that's how I used to get away from the guards on my DK when it was still undergeared.

Because it's a fucking multi-level maze.
    Just use the Sanctum of Order portal mate, takes you right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    but Suramar, for example, is incredibly intricate and worth learning.
    Sorry but in my case, this place is beend outdated since I hit revered and dont worth the trouble.

Thank to non flying, Legion is a 4 zones. continent

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Legion is a steaming pile of dumbed down dung with boring gameplay, terrible writing, unrewarding and simplistic gearing and complete disconnection of the player from the world.
    So you mean it's classic warcraft then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Just use the Sanctum of Order portal mate, takes you right there.
    People have no interest in learning how to play, they just wanna stomp their feet and whine because they don't have exactly what they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    But there's also people who DON'T. And telling them to STFU and GTFO just because they don't like the same things you like is...well...there's not a polite word for it.
    Didn't say anything at all like that. If I did then quote it back to me. Otherwise stop acting like an ass.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Sth View Post
    They really have. By only enabling it when it doesn't matter anymore.

7.2 will enable flying, but it will be done after people have spent months on the Broken Isles doing their quests while not flying. After we unlock it, that will probably be it in terms of content, before they release the Argus patch. At that point we won't need to fly on the Broken Isles, because we'll be on Argus, which will probably be not flyable either.

It's just like with WoD, where we were only able to fly once nobody needed to anymore anyway. Because the expansion was over. When the flying patch came out, I had 2 days of gametime left. And I didn't renew my sub at that point and went on a 1-year break, because the expansion was over anyway.

This will be the standard now. Flying is gone.
    There are a lot of "probably" in your guesses. Blizzard stated you will use flying to get to the demon ships in the air and that you had to get exalted with the new faction before you could fly in the broken aisles. The new zone will include a raid portal to argus, argus will be a raid, not a new zone. There is nothing on Argus living aside from burning legion. Argus is a raid zone, not a questing zone. Much like the emerald nightmare, which has no living creatures like Npcs, animals, or other things that allow interesting quest events.

The new zone will be in the broken aisles, with a new faction. Once you are exalted and do some quests you will be able to fly there if you have pathfinder 1.

Sorry but you can't just guess and make up rules that sound good in your opinion, you are not the real Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I don't know about you but I skip everything in the way by either kite gliding over it or just running past on my mount until it gives up and runs back. Anything left just gets tanked by my demon and I aoe it down. There is no challenge in questing zones.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.