Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flowy View Post
    Is it safe to say the token will never be 120k on EU again ? because last night when it came out I bought like 7 tokens when ppl just found out on NA and barely ppl on EU knew about this implementation.
    It likely won't fall that much again, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Scopel View Post
    Brazilian player need to buy 6 tokens to get a character boost
    You have pretty women to look at so it balances out.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could atleast drop the Appearance Change price to 12.99 so we can buy a Skin Color change with 1 Token.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Why? Gold prices will settle around that fact. And people why pay for the service in the first place aren't affected anyways.

You can already see the US prices play catch-tup. When Eu had 100k, US still had 30k. ratio 3:1. Currently its aleady caught up to 2:1 (US prices rising more daramtically then EU prices, EU is still below 200k, US is around 100k).

This would be "unfair" if you could use US tokens for EU services, which you can't. Otherwise supply and demand will regulate the gold price of the token to a value each region sees fit.
    I'm not talking about the gold value but the battle.net balance amounts and the pricing of their services. I mean i can see they've done it so the value you get in balance is equal to that of 30 days game time, but the pricing in different regions means some services require you to purchase more tokens than others. A US player can get an appearance change for 1 token or a level 100 boost for 4 tokens. A UK player needs 2 tokens or 5 tokens respectively.

Seriously, what has Blizzard done? Enabling battle.net balance on the SAME token you use for subscripton?

In the last months I used to pay with my ingame gold for it, but due to the massive increase in demand prices are going through the roof right now, 65% increase and counting within the last day (111k to 184k). Thank you very much.

I just bought a token 5 days ago for 58k with the plan of being able to stick around via tokens if I so wished... guess that plan is dead -_-

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Seriously, what has Blizzard done? Enabling battle.net balance on the SAME token you use for subscripton?

In the last months I used to pay with my ingame gold for it, but due to the massive increase in demand prices are going through the roof right now, 65% increase and counting within the last day (111k to 184k). Thank you very much.
    And how are they supposed to make it any other way? If they made separate tokens, no one would sell gametime tokens, if they cost like 1/4 of the bnet balance tokens...Seriously ppl, thinking isn't that hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    Bloody hell... I was hoping it'd return to 130k... but 180k?! Gonna have to buy me some when I get home!
    Better hurry up with getting home then.
    It's going to be near 217899 per token by 18:00 CET today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    And how are they supposed to make it any other way? If they made separate tokens, no one would sell gametime tokens, if they cost like 1/4 of the bnet balance tokens...Seriously ppl, thinking isn't that hard...

Still, what they are doing right now is tampering with the ingame economy, because now the demand is not strictly tied to the game itself anymore but now an overwatch sale or whatever will have an impact on the WoW economy and that is just bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Toblat View Post
    Better hurry up with getting home then.
    It's going to be near 217899 per token by 18:00 CET today.
    Fortunately, that'll be the rough time I get back! Woop!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    I'm not talking about the gold value but the battle.net balance amounts and the pricing of their services. I mean i can see they've done it so the value you get in balance is equal to that of 30 days game time, but the pricing in different regions means some services require you to purchase more tokens than others. A US player can get an appearance change for 1 token or a level 100 boost for 4 tokens. A UK player needs 2 tokens or 5 tokens respectively.
    Yeah, I know, but I don't see the problem.

Either you are the type of person who buys the services for real money anyways. No change for you.

Or you want to buy the services for the token. Since the token can not be shared between regions, the price of the other region is completely irrelevant for supply and demand in your own region. Gold prices for the token in your region will settle at a value based on supply and demand in your region.

So it costs you 5 tokens, yes. And? The gold price in your region takes that into account. Its completely irrelevant if it takes only 4 tokens in another region. That has zero influence on your token price.

Gold prices between EU and NA have already been vastly different for the token. The fact that services are priced different relative to the token will just mean they probably stay different.

Its hard to say where it will settle, but I hardly see how its "unfair" as long as both regions are seperate anyways. Or are you complaing that pets are cheaper in the US because the dollar is worth slightly less then the Euro?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post

It was hardly a seceret, it was clear this would happen since last November when theyintroduced the string changes to the PTR. Thats when the token first had its major price jump (below 70k to 120k in the EU).

15+ Year Old Account
    OP is connecting the dots the wrong way. Just because you could buy gold with currency doesn't mean that converting the gold into currency should be equal. This isn't a money laundering service, neither is it a bank. If you have spare gold you have the possibility of buying things outside the game which is nice, not many games allow that. Since all is about the wow token, it is still supply/demand for it as well. Having that said, you still get more from going from gold to currency than it costs to buy a 60days subscription card. (You get 26 euro for two wow tokens, but buying a 60day card which is equal costs only 24 euro at least here in Sweden).
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2017-02-07 at 01:36 PM.

They can be traded in for the costs of a months worth of game time. It's not surprising.

Deleted
    In US, a month game time costs 14.99$. So the token gives 0.01$ more.

In EU, a month game time costs 12.99€. So the token gives 0.01€ more.

I don't see the trouble? Blizzard will certainly not adjust the prices in the store according to world market exchange rates. Or would you prefer pets cost more (or less) depending on how the € does against the $ on the world market? I really wouldn't.

Also, supply and demand. The gold price for a token in EU will settle around a value that takes into account that you need more tokens per service then in the US.
    The issue is that services and games have a 1:1 price ratio between regions. For example, Diablo3+RoS costs 30$ for NA and 30€ for EU.

The uneven token conversion means that an NA player only needs 2 tokens to unlock Diablo3+RoS, while an EU player would need to buy 3, because 2 EU tokens are only worth 26€.

So it costs you 5 tokens, yes. And? The gold price in your region takes that into account. Its completely irrelevant if it takes only 4 tokens in another region. That has zero influence on your token price.

Gold prices between EU and NA have already been vastly different for the token. The fact that services are priced different relative to the token will just mean they probably stay different.
    The gold inflation only applies between regions when you look at a single token. So a ~60k NA token is the same value as a ~100k EU token, due to inflation. The costs of services does not influence this, only supply, demand, and the general budget of the region.
    The amount of "work" required to buy a token is the same. But that means that getting enough gold for 5 EU tokens takes 20% more effort than for 4 NA tokens (in their respective markets), if we go by your example.
    Last edited by mmocd0308302fa; 2017-02-07 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fharlion View Post
    The issue is that services and games have a 1:1 price ratio between regions. For example, Diablo3+RoS costs 30$ for NA and 30€ for EU.

The uneven token conversion means that an NA player only needs 2 tokens to unlock Diablo3+RoS, while an EU player would need to buy 3, because 2 EU tokens are only worth 26€.
    Yeah, but supply and demand will drive the gold price of the token. I people want to buy D3+RoS they need three tokens in EE. If the tokens are too pricy, prices will drop. If enough people still buy 3 tokens, prices will rise. Its simple supply and demand and has little to do with how many tokens you need for item X.

So, if you think all should be "fair" then you would only buy a token when its 2/3rds the price of US in the EU. if enough people do that, prices will settle there. If not enough people do that, then clearly most people simply don't care or have enough gold anyways.

this isn't true since I have to pay tax in my state so I need a 3rd token to make those purchases as well

7+ Year Old Account
    this is nothing new... wtf is going on?
    it has allways been 20$ for a token to cover a sub that is 15$
    now you can just get the money
    there is a 5$ extra price as sort of a fee and again you arnt paying 5$.... your getting it for nothing but gold, just 5$ go straight to blizz
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

to my knowledge this is only true for US states without (Sales) Tax, players from states in the US where (Sales) Tax is applicable would also need to buy 3 tokens for that purchase just like EU. In EU al prices are with Sales Tax as its generally not allowed here to advertise prices to consumers without Sales Tax already in the price.

So generally speaking to compare to the US price of 30 dollars (Which is without Tax), the EU price would generally be €25 without Tax. However since they need to advertise with Tax (which on average in the EU seems to be +-20%) Blizzard needs to advertise the price as €30
    Last edited by chronia; 2017-02-07 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    13 is still rather generous
    How is it generous? No seriously, tell me. Blizzard is taking a huge cut and for absolutely no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    How is it generous? No seriously, tell me. Blizzard is taking a huge cut and for absolutely no reason.
    they could just not allow the players to save money by playing. they allow it