Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suar View Post
    Just to be sure. Can I buy a realm change this way?
    Yes, anything on the Battle.net shop. https://us.battle.net/shop/en/produc...=game-services

15+ Year Old Account
    Over 102K gold for a WoW Token in US now... That's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    I finally got to buy one and it doesn't show any option to redeem it for $15 on your account? I only get the 30 days of sub option!
    It is not live in the EU...

Deleted
    If there is no upper limit this "feature" will remove a lot of poor players from the game. People are waiting for the 500k in EU. I know gold sellers who will buy gold when the token reach 400k and trust me it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    65k = skyrocket.
    I Lol'd.
    102k who's LULing now

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So the NA market is dry. There are no tokens to buy. Incoming prices soaring skyhigh.
    60k when I went to bed. 100k when I woke up. Nailed it. Lol.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    If there is no upper limit this "feature" will remove a lot of poor players from the game. People are waiting for the 500k in EU. I know gold sellers who will buy gold when the token reach 400k and trust me it will.
    Is the assumption that it will be 400-500K for a while and then drop radically back down? I don't get why gold sellers would buy gold unless they expect a huge crash later.

Whelp, guess this is one way to break the WoW addiction...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Is the assumption that it will be 400-500K for a while and then drop radically back down? I don't get why gold sellers would buy gold unless they expect a huge crash later.
    It has to crash and Blizzard has to respond because there is at least 5 times bigger demand than supply. Soon there will be no tokens for players only BOTs with 10nano sec reaction time can buy tokens.

Blizzard is too greedy and now here comes their huge shitstorm.
    Prices will never drop so much... max 20-25%. /bye bye East-European players...

And with that move Blizzard made a huge market for gold sellers! The irony...
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2017-02-07 at 02:35 PM.

"well i'm getting bored of wow since i have done all the raids in legion now"

Blizzard - "Let's raise the price of wow tokens so the people buying subs with them will quit when they get too high"

Damn, blizz you smart.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    Blizzard - "Let's raise the price of wow tokens so the people buying subs with them will quit when they get too high"

Damn, blizz you smart.
    Why would Blizzard want that? They make more money from the people who play with tokens than they do from normal subscriptions.

200,628 on eu server now

Deleted
    Anyone in EU managed to use coin to get money on bnet account yet? I can only extend my gametime with it... do we have to wait for something?

yep up to little over 200k on EU right now

Deleted
    This feature isn't even announced somehow in EU and the prices skyrocketed to 200k+, which is a bit sad and unfair
    I've got my 10 tokens bagged since the initial mentions of the conversion, bought at around 120k each.

Extended my sub for 10 months now to be able to buy some more for kind of reasonable prices (190-200k). I'm left now with a bankroll of around 400k gold, 10 tokens in bag and waiting for the feature to hit EU asap. I might use bnet-credits to get some gold in case I need some.

The funny thing is as long as the number of tokens being sold per day increases as a result of this it doesn't matter on paper if every single token-subbing player quits, Blizzard will still by definition be making more money. The question is whether or not higher token sale volume is sustainable, and what indirect effects would result from so many players quitting.

For example, if half a guild consists of token-subbing players and enough of them quit, the guild might collapse leading to other players to quit as well. All of those players might have been the type to spend real money on special mounts and pets, so that revenue is lost as well. Tokens could easily create a brief window of increased profit, but after sales normalize result in less money for Blizzard due to lost players.

That's all speculation though, I don't think anyone without a time machine or psychic powers knows what will happen.

Unless a massive amount of tokens get put up, the price will keep going up. At this rate US will reach EU prices, while EU will most likely sit at what the China tokens were at before this mess started.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

15+ Year Old Account
    The price of EU WoW Token has started to sharply decrease. It’s now at least 4K lower than the peak of 200,628g.

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    The price of EU WoW Token has started to sharply decrease. It’s now at least 4K lower than the peak of 200,628g.
    Well, when the first people start to really throw their tokens on the market it will decrease quickly again...cause everyone who wants to get the max gold for his money will have to buy the tokens for money now. Not sure if this was the max peak or if it will reach another peak once the feature goes live in europe...but fact is: Once the initial demand is covered the price will go down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Meow View Post
    Because a lot of people saw the 200k mark and thought it was the right time to sell. Once enough people did that, the price dropped because of it, which compelled more people to sell before the price drops even more. This will pass, especially when the feature actually goes live in EU tomorrow and demand increases again.

Not that any of it matters. These are just the initial reactions of the market. What truly matters is that demand will never again be proportionate to supply the way it was before this change; and even before this change low supply and high demand kept the price on a steady increase. From now on it will be going up for the foreseeable future at an increased rate.

So, for example, if the token price used to increase by 10k each month before this change (which it did) from now on it will increase by 20k each month on average. That's not counting the 90k spike of today of course, which won't go away.