Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Not really I know at last 5 Fatsos from UK that cant work coz they are to fat! Each of them take over 2 K a month of free welfare plus Medical costs . Just in UK you have Thousands Examples like that . So yes they are burden to the society coz this money could be spent on Cancer sick children or Refuges instead of fat lichess that don't want to work.
    2K a month?? That is bullshit. Stop spouting lies.

inactive people are more sick.. and die at higher rates...

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Mostly because non smokers don't want the second hand smoke. No fat person can force you to eat their food. One is a problem to everyone around a person, one is problem only to that one person.
    Yeah, this is what people say these days. In practice, we've already pushed smoking to the edges of pretty much everything and it's pretty rare that anyone is actually impacted by it meaningfully. In any case, my only real point is that we're fine with telling smokers they're disgusting, but it's considered incredibly rude to the do the same to fat people.

I don't really care, but claiming that we don't shame smokers is obviously silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's good to be reminded of the ills of society so we can all do our part. Ignorance is bliss after all.
    I'm doing my part (well, not now, currently not enough time because of exams). Make Canada run marathons again!

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    The goverment wastes millions of cash per month and your bothered about 2k? Get a proper grip on reality for fuck sake.
    Many government's pay and subsidize health care. Obese people are far more costly to treat. The increased risk of some cancers, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, and even physical injuries costs tens of billions every year. And by that, I mean way over $100 billion a year, just in the United States.

Deleted
    Fat people will much less likely want to work and instead they prefer to lich on welfare.
    Go and do some research and see how much tax money is spent on unemployment or healthcare compared to all the other costs. The info is readily available online.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    The goverment wastes millions of cash per month and your bothered about 2k? Get a proper grip on reality for fuck sake.

Also bolded part where you tried to troll but failed.
    And on what do you think they are wasting them ?? Like free welfare to thousands of lichess maybe ??

How did I know this was a Tennisace thread before I even opened it There's a lot of things that can be a cost to society, just like Spectral said no one oews good health to society. Seriously there's a lot of reasons people are overweight, some it might simply be due to them enjoying food and others it could be stress/environment they live or work in or a multitude of other reasons. Same thing applies to those that smoke/drink/drugs and even coffee, everyone has their crutch, some are worse than others but we live in a much different society than say 100 years ago.

Fat people will much less likely want to work and instead they prefer to lich on welfare.
    Yeah, you know those fats, just always laying around being fat

10+ Year Old Account
    you might even say it's a....huge drain on society.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

And on what do you think they are wasting them ?? Like free welfare to thousands of lichess maybe ??
    I'm going to go out on a massive limb and guess based on your posting style that you're not actually a massive net contributor to the tax system. Yes, no?

Try keeping up to date the last 15 years in uk and you wouldnt ask them questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, this is what people say these days. In practice, we've already pushed smoking to the edges of pretty much everything and it's pretty rare that anyone is actually impacted by it meaningfully. In any case, my only real point is that we're fine with telling smokers they're disgusting, but it's considered incredibly rude to the do the same to fat people.

I don't really care, but claiming that we don't shame smokers is obviously silly.
    Never said we don't. And the smell of smoke is absolutely disgusting. There's no way around that. Now before you say, some fat people smell too, but not even close to the same. And I personally think that's more due to showering and changing clothes, which is an issue some non fat also have. Mostly men in their 20's, seem like they have no idea how to shower or change clothes more regularly than once a month. Not all obviously, but too many from what I've had to notice. Schools should teach people hygiene, since people can't seem to figure it out by themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you might even say it's a....huge drain on society.
    How can they be a drain? Pretty sure the drain would clog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    In Communist Romania you couldn't buy all the food that you wanted. You were given a daily allowance ( I think it was half a loaf of bread per person per day, stuff like that )
    Pretty much ensures there's no fat people... unless you take your kid's bread, I guess.
    Don't forget the good old fashioned starvation! Never saw an obese starving person!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by spawny View Post
    2K a month?? That is bullshit. Stop spouting lies.
    Welcome to reality , the supplementary welfare in England for fat people is enormous and even worst in Scotland House, med costs, fuel, travel costs and so on . They are recognized as people with disability .

Hey it's their body and their choice.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    While we all agree fat people need to be less fat I'm curious about how you think the government should go about enforcing it.

I saw the suggestion about raising the prices of things with sugar in them but in my experience people don't eat sugary goodness so much as they eat fried chicken, Taco Bell, and all other manner of fast food. Do you want to jack those prices up as well?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Welcome to reality , the supplementary welfare in England for fat people is enormous and even worst in Scotland House, med costs, fuel, travel costs and so on . They are recognized as people with disability .
    If it's so great lifestyle, why don't you give it a go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm going to go out on a massive limb and guess based on your posting style that you're not actually a massive net contributor to the tax system. Yes, no?
    I Work for 18 plus years already ... You ??