Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yup, it's pretty standard that game companies don't know how conversion rates work(Euro = Dollars apparently), but I really don't think it's too much to ask to at least keep the relative prices consistent within each currency.
    ????????¿?????¿?? You think a billion dollar company doesn't know how money works? They are ripping people off on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    you totally missed the point, but nice rant

problem here is that 20$=15$ but 20€=13€ not that we want it free
    you have it easy... here in brazil... it's like this:

you have it easy... here in brazil... it's like this:

token = R$70 = R$24

and at the same time.... char transfer: R$80

so we are really fucked...

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    The only inconsistency I see so far is US need 1 token for appearance change , $15, and EU needs 2 for €15 (yes I know there will be like €11 left after that but still.
    Its not really inconsistant, US needs 1 token, only if the state of that player does not have Sales Tax as the $15 US price for appearance change is without Sales Tax. If the state does charge Sales Tax, the US player also needs 2 tokens.

In the US a Token buyer gets $15 out of the $20 the token was originally bought with, which is 75%

EU Prices are with Sales Tax, The €20 token price in EU is with +-20% Sales Tax, which is +-€16,50 without Sales Tax (to make it easy).

So in EU a Token buyer (when we not count the sales tax the original buyer paid), gets 12.99 which is +-78% of the original price of 16,50 (Excl Sales tax). So Sales Tax not included the EU buy actually gets +-3% more. However that 12,99 won't buy you a appearence change as the €15 price for that is including Sales Tax again (which it has to be by law in the EU). Thus you need 2 tokens for that purchase, just like any US player who lives in a state with Sales Tax.
    Last edited by chronia; 2017-02-07 at 03:30 PM.

Why are people defending this is beyond belief. Its blizzard only currency. It's not money, once you convert token into battle net balance. The only reason for downgrade of the value is greed. There is literally no other reason for this. Nothing wrong with it, it's business company. But come on.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Deleted
    I remember when the sub count dropped below 10 million people were asking "how are Blizz going to make up their sub losses?" I don't think many people considered wow tokens and battlenet balance for gold. Fucking genius to get players to buy other players services for 25% price hike haha

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    Why are people defending this is beyond belief. Its blizzard only currency. It's not money, once you convert token into battle net balance. The only reason for downgrade of the value is greed. There is literally no other reason for this. Nothing wrong with it, it's business company. But come on.
    exactly , white knights are defending blizzard, ofc they are a company , ofc they want to make money , but this destroyed WoW, it became official p2w game. People dont seem to realise AH prices will go up, boost prices will go up, 5k now will worth 1k in terms of value..in order to keep up everyone will have to buy tokens to sell for gold or they will just quit. From my point of view blizzard is milking their already dying cow and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    I remember when the sub count dropped below 10 million people were asking "how are Blizz going to make up their sub losses?" I don't think many people considered wow tokens and battlenet balance for gold. Fucking genius to get players to buy other players services for 25% price hike haha
    Yeah. It's almost beyond belief. Genious, Devious, Fucks up economy which is already pretty fucked. Sad part is, it hurts casuals and new players the most. And that is 80+% of the playerbase. Well played blizzard, well played.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalodrei View Post
    it became official p2w game.
    Welcome to when they added Level-up Token.

in order to keep up everyone will have to buy tokens to sell for gold or they will just quit.
    No, items will sell for more, item keep increasing in price, even though the value of said gold is lessened, that's called inflation.
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2017-02-07 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    gold ingame is so useless that almost all it is used for is to buy tokens

old china farmer meme comes to mind - their reaction on this must be priceless

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    Yeah. It's almost beyond belief. Genious, Devious, Fucks up economy which is already pretty fucked. Sad part is, it hurts casuals and new players the most. And that is 80+% of the playerbase. Well played blizzard, well played.
    I definitely dont disagree. It will fuck up the economy for a while but it will always adapt and settle eventually. It will just be a different model

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    gold ingame is so useless that almost all it is used for is to buy tokens

old china farmer meme comes to mind - their reaction on this must be priceless
    Probably something along the line of "They stole our jobs!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Yeah they doubled in price in the US in about 10 hours. The price is just going to keep sky rocketing.
    The system seems to be set up so the max growth rate is 3% per hour +/- a hickup here and there. The least time it takes for the price to double is 24 hours. But yeah, we are getting there in an hour or so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    The system seems to be set up so the max growth rate is 3% per hour +/- a hickup here and there. The least time it takes for the price to double is 24 hours. But yeah, we are getting there in an hour or so.
    Or until the system run out of Tokens, which happened in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGhostDS View Post
    just because there are not any tokens available doesn't mean the price wont increase

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    just because there are not any tokens available doesn't mean the price wont increase
    I cant say it will or wont, since i don't think that ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGhostDS View Post
    With hardly any token available on EU (and a ton of ppl at the AH trying to buy) the price is still going up with +3% a hour even on EU. Which is quite logical seeing there is a huge demand and hardly any supply.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like it then fork over real cash like normal humans do.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    All i wanted was to race change my rogue but im not willing to spent 400k for this. It also seems that i will have to resort to paying my sub with real money again, as the current and ever increasing price of wow token means that i wont be able to sustain my monthly subscription without going bankrupt in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    They must have change the rate of growth then. The token was 58k yesterday afternoon and is 120k last I saw it, well short of a 24 hour window. No matter what the growth rate is it is going to keep going up for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    When the demand out weighs the supply the token price raises. The only way that might not happen would be if neither side tried to buy or sell then it would sit flat.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

200k now on EU

i guess the real reason to do this is to combat gold sellers lol