Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Trump has said he is going to put sanctions on his own citizens(in CA)... so yeah, less violent, but just as Authoritarian.
    For denying federal law by becoming a "sanctuary state" yeah.

Sorry, we here in AZ couldnt pass our own laws in circumvention of federal immigration law, neither can you jackaloons

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Temporary people are the wrong people, outside of short events like tourism.
    An argument backed up by nothing more than your desire to not see foreigners in your.....clean America.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its US nonfarm worker productivity. Pretty simple. BLS data.

A claim you haven't actually provided any data for.
    So it includes H1b in the data set or no? Sounds like it does and you still haven't responded to my comment that productivity increases can be linked to tech improvements and systems improvements without increasing salary.

Second, you don't need a graph to showcase that a company underpays H1b visa holding employees. They choose them specifically for their high skill set & low labor expense. This is on every single financial statement in this country.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's what you get for abusing the program.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    For denying federal law by becoming a "sanctuary state" yeah.
    Its not the State's duty to enforce immigration that is under the federal purview and the Feds don't have the legal authority to force a state to do their job for them.

You should know this. It was a major part of National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius

Sorry, we here in AZ couldnt pass our own laws in circumvention of federal immigration law, neither can you jackaloons
    CA isn't circumventing law, they're declining to do the Federal government's job for them, which is their prerogative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    So it includes H1b in the data set or no? Sounds like it does and you still haven't responded to my comment that productivity increases can be linked to tech improvements and systems improvements without increasing salary.

Second, you don't need a graph to showcase that a company underpays H1b visa holding employees. They choose them specifically for their high skill set & low labor expense. This is on every single financial statement in this country.
    Still waiting on that data.

7+ Year Old Account
    An argument backed up by nothing more than your desire to not see foreigners in your.....clean America.
    Yeah I like citizens vested in the local region. I don't want to see that many temporary foreigners. Not everyone is obsessed with global transience.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yeah I like citizens vested in the local region. I don't want to see that many temporary foreigners. Not everyone is obsessed with global transience.
    Its always fun to see conservatives suddenly argue for laws making goods and services more expensive.

Its not the State's duty to enforce immigration that is under the federal purview and the Feds don't have the legal authority to force a state to do their job for them.

You should know this. It was a major part of National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius

CA isn't circumventing law, they're declining to do the Federal government's job for them, which is their prerogative.

- - - Updated - - -

No, its forbidding state law enforcement from cooperating with the feds. No one is asking them to do the job for them.

Jesus wells....do you hold any policy position that doesn't put america into a disadvantage or make us weaker as a nation?

No, its forbidding state law enforcement from cooperating with the feds. No one is asking them to do the job for them.
    Which again, is their prerogative. States can't be compelled to do the federal government's job. Immigration policy and enforcement is the Federal Government's job.

Jesus wells....do you hold any policy position that doesn't put america into a disadvantage or make us weaker as a nation?
    You're cute.

A dataset that showcases what exactly? A comparison between a non H1b employee and a H1b employee with the same job title, and then their respective industry-specific productivity to highlight that someone from India does more and get's paid less than someone of equivalent stature from the US with company/industry specific productivity standards?

Yeah, I wish and good luck getting that comprehensive answer. For now, you'll have to just trust that the Financial analysts who do salary level analysis on the salary line for his/her company and creates the FTE budgets for the year knows the answer, and the answer is uniform across industries.

Don't worry, gravity exists too.
    Last edited by Dragoncurry; 2017-02-07 at 06:23 PM.

A dataset that showcases what exactly?
    My claim regarding productivity is that a foreigner on an H1b can do 300 claims in an hour and you can pay him significantly less than an American who does 10 claims in an hour.
    Are we going to go around in circles on this or are you going to actually back up your position?

Are we going to go around in circles on this or are you going to actually back up your position?
    I answered it:

A comparison between a non H1b employee and a H1b employee with the same job title, and then their respective industry-specific productivity to highlight that someone from India does more and get's paid less than someone of equivalent stature from the US with company/industry specific productivity standards?

Yeah, I wish and good luck getting that comprehensive answer. For now, you'll have to just trust that the Financial analysts who do salary level analysis on the salary line for his/her company and creates the FTE budgets for the year knows the answer, and the answer is uniform across industries.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    No:

Trump’s threat to defund Berkeley after protest of Breitbart writer makes no sense
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...akes-no-sense/

CA sends more money to the Fed than we get back, so the current thought, is if he does put any sanctions in, we just take that money out of the tax we pay to the Fed.

California Weighs Withholding Monetary Transfers to Federal Government
    http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/01...federal-taxes/

Fine.

With the exodus of businesses and productive people that would move to other states to get out of CA i almost hope CA would just break away.

Lol let me know how that new gas tax works out for your poor.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the exodus of businesses and productive people that would move to other states to get out of CA i almost hope CA would just break away.
    We've been hearing about all the businesses leaving for decades, due to taxes, liberalism, etc. Hasn't happened yet.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I answered it:

A comparison between a non H1b employee and a H1b employee with the same job title, and then their respective industry-specific productivity to highlight that someone from India does more and get's paid less than someone of equivalent stature from the US with company/industry specific productivity standards?

I'm not sure what you think a citation is, but its not repeating your premise.

I'm not sure what you think a citation is, but its not repeating your premise.
    Did you ever create an Labor Budget for your company or were involved in the Labor Budget in your company in an indepth level in your professional career?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    We've been hearing about all the businesses leaving for decades, due to taxes, liberalism, etc. Hasn't happened yet.
    CALIFORNIA IS COLLAPSING!

*continues to be one of the largest economies on the planet*

Did you ever create an Labor Budget for your company or were involved in the Labor Budget in your company in an indepth level in your professional career?
    D A T A

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    The question is do we have enough competent workers/college grads in America that can fill the void. In my experience there's far too many people in CS that just barely get by and only do the work required, they have no passion for the subject. Well, not that you need a passion but those foreign workers/students always tended to score higher in everything compared to native.

Not to say American students/workers are dumb as there's still good talent out there but STEM is being flooded with people that have no place being there.
    Due to large competition in the employee pool many never feel secure in their position. Likewise this had led to a rise in the "We'll only hire if you've already done this" bit which has prevented many young from getting careers in their chosen fields since there was always a significant pool of foreign experienced to fill positions who will fill those positions for less that.

H1B prevents the populace from rising and bettering themselves.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Which again, is their prerogative. States can't be compelled to do the federal government's job. Immigration policy and enforcement is the Federal Government's job.

You're cute.
    Im absolutely serious.

Every policy you seem to advocate makes us weaker as a nation to the benefit of others. Why do you even live here?

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Due to large competition in the employee pool many never feel secure in their position. Likewise this had led to a rise in the "We'll only hire if you've already done this" bit which has prevented many young from getting careers in their chosen fields since there was always a significant pool of foreign experienced to fill positions who will fill those positions for less that.

H1B prevents the populace from rising and bettering themselves.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this.