Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    We've been hearing about all the businesses leaving for decades, due to taxes, liberalism, etc. Hasn't happened yet.
    Wtf are you talking about...its been happening. Google how many businesses have moved from CA to TX

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Im absolutely serious.
    I wouldn't go that far.
    Every policy you seem to advocate makes us weaker as a nation to the benefit of others. Why do you even live here?
    Really hard to get a decent cheese burger overseas.

Im absolutely serious.

Every policy you seem to advocate makes us weaker as a nation to the benefit of others. Why do you even live here?
    It's very clear. From his posts, it shows he has very little experience in any professional setting. He's yelling for Data about things that are standard in any financial statement. I'd tell him to go look at his company's financials, instead of googling for his answers, but real life examples come hard sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    I don't support ending the program, but there's little doubt that there was a lot of abuse of the system particularly in the IT fields.

The H1B program was supposed to be for finding people for jobs you can't find in the US, not because you don't want to pay the prevailing US wages. Yet go to any IT-focused community and ask around, and you'll hear stories about people being forced to literally train their replacements.

Edit: Upon reading the article, nowhere does it say the program is ending, by the way.
    Didn't Disney get in all kinds of trouble for firing all its IT department, replacing them with foreign workers and even make the fired folks train the new workers in order to receive their benefit package?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    D A T A
    Yeah, that's what I thought. You should excise yourself from this conversation regarding Labor expense if you have no idea what that entails in a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought. You should excise yourself from this conversation regarding Labor expense if you have no idea what that entails in a company.
    Gonna just start citing my own vague personal experience every time I make empirical claims about labor statistics.

Gonna just start citing my own vague personal experience every time I make empirical claims about labor statistics.
    I'm actually citing my company's financials which are confidential with regard to their specifics, but this trend has been confirmed by a majority of claims as well, namely the tech industry and hospitals.

My dad was underpaid on his H1b visa as an anesthesiologist by almost 110K, but that's another vague comment.

You should cite your company's financials as well, but it seems you don't have access to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Yup and it's just a way for companies to pay foreigners less money.
    Good but congress will never pass the laws on this one they are in the pocket of business and this is anti business move as been called by the GOP for decades when we liberals have objecting to this wage dump practice

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Didn't Disney get in all kinds of trouble for firing all its IT department, replacing them with foreign workers and even make the fired folks train the new workers in order to receive their benefit package?
    That's got to be the worst shit ever. Training somebody who is taking over your job, just so you can get the pittance that the company owes you for your time served with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf are you talking about...its been happening. Google how many businesses have moved from CA to TX
    Fewer than came to CA. If you only look at one side of an equation, anything can look bad. CA is doing great.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    That's got to be the worst shit ever. Training somebody who is taking over your job, just so you can get the pittance that the company owes you for your time served with them.
    Yep, this is exactly why this is the worst for our domestic labor base.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/31/tech...ech-companies/

Another move by Trump to put Americans first is to end the H1B visa program. This will free up many good jobs, mostly in tech, and send many foreigners back.

#Americafirst
    Shame he isn't focusing on agriculture in the same way.

Deleted
    So America wants to become 1990s China to beat 2010s China? Top kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I'm actually citing my company's financials which are confidential with regard to their specifics.
    Uh huh.
    You should cite your company's financials as well, but it seems you don't have access to them.
    This is the weirdest iteration of internet tough guy I've ever seen.

I mean this really is super simple. If you're discussing national labor policy, claims should be based in verifiable facts with like numbers and stuff. Not nonspecific anecdotes that can't be in any way verified or backed up.

Another move by Trump to put Americans first is to end the H1B visa program. This will free up many good jobs, mostly in tech, and send many foreigners back.
    If done correctly, this is a good move - however if it is just a blanket ban then it will destroy the USA. Not all positions can be filled locally, and to destroy US business just because of some grand dream is wrong.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

From my understanding it's not being ended but just upping the minimum base pay, from 60,000 to 130,000 (think the 60,000 was set back in the 90's?)

if they are that highly skilled doesn't 60'd seem a bit low?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    CA has seen a net increase in high tech jobs, not shrinking... that is where all the workers are. Most tech workers are liberal, and really hate Trump.

NEW STUDY: FOR EVERY NEW HIGH-TECH JOB, FOUR MORE CREATED
    http://www.bayareacouncil.org/commun...-more-created/

California has one of the largest shares of high-tech workers in U.S.
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...202-story.html

So keep dreaming that Liberal workers are going to move to Kentucky or some other Red state.
    Many have moved to texas.

Pethaps the feds could create a law giving any business that moves from CA to another state a 5 year tax exemption if they become a sanctuary state.

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    I found the article
    https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/u...ents.html?_r=0

Uh huh.

This is the weirdest iteration of internet tough guy I've ever seen.

I mean this really is super simple. If you're discussing national labor policy, claims should be based in verifiable facts with like numbers and stuff. Not nonspecific anecdotes that can't be in any way verified or backed up.
    No you're right, it is simple. I can very easily state that your graph contains a subset of H1b workers, which in conjunction with improvements in technology directly supports the argument that the workerbase in America is very productive without seeing the proportional pay increase, as suggested by the flatline of the salary line. Therefore, based on your own data, you have a high productivity with no increase in pay due partly to Improvements in tech, and partly to H1b brain drain.

Second, I told you that these claims have a company specific base (my company). I just won't show them to you. Salary information is confidential, and productivity is subjective. You can read any article for those vague generalizations if you want for generalized national labor policy. Clearly, the story that is cited by these individuals who are behind this national policy change to stop H1b has a story aligns with mine.

Many have moved to texas.

Pethaps the feds could create a law giving any business that moves from CA to another state a 5 year tax exemption if they become a sanctuary state.
    The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence[note 1] and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
    Article I, Section 8, Clause 1