Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Umm is there magic in this game for players to cast or is it only the eldritch stuff?
    Apparently not at the moment. The AMA mentioned them adding two different magic systems in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Apparently not at the moment. The AMA mentioned them adding two different magic systems in the future.
    Any information on what kind? Having an unmodded survival game with an interesting magic system would be kinda neat.

magic, and i hope they add more gods. ibis, ishtar, borri, ymir, so many.

also, keep your eyes open everywhere you go. might find notes and stuff. i found one in a yog worshipper camp.

Any information on what kind? Having an unmodded survival game with an interesting magic system would be kinda neat.
    I am guessing the same magic we had in Age of Conan, but evolved and improved. Something like that. Age of Conan magic: http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Magic has spellweaving and I bet it will be implemented. Spellweaving :
    Spellweaving is the art of stringing together a series of spell to create one massive spell that will produce devastating and otherwise extreme results. Spellweaving is an art that will take skill to master, and it is very much a tactical and strategic part of the game that require planning and thinking to carry out.

Not much: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...ently/dda7z4f/

Sorcery and necromancy. Will require corruption. Will not be anything like Skyrim etc.

Ah I see, so it will probably be mostly static stuff :/.

shame that sorcery will require corruption. i could understand necromancy, since it's usually painted as evil. but just general magic use? that's not really evil.

i know set is the most active in dealing with mortals, but surely good gods can grant magic too. mitra's pretty active in mortal affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    shame that sorcery will require corruption. i could understand necromancy, since it's usually painted as evil. but just general magic use? that's not really evil.

i know set is the most active in dealing with mortals, but surely good gods can grant magic too. mitra's pretty active in mortal affairs.
    Magic in the Hyborian Age was pretty much an evil thing, and Mitra isn't really a good god, I know he's the god of justice but he is also vengeful and jealous af.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

Yeah that's just odd. Necromancy makes sense to have corruption of some sort.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Skayaq View Post
    Magic in the Hyborian Age was pretty much an evil thing, and Mitra isn't really a good god, I know he's the god of justice but he is also vengeful and jealous af.
    well, i mean, he's basically yahwe. so, not good, but he's against all forms of blood sacrifice at least. by conan standards he's one of the good ones.

i mean, i guess the common view of magic would see it as something scary and evil. but all the gods can grant it, so it doesn't have to be. guess set's the only one putting out the magic.

Btw, have anyone found an in-game feedback/reporting tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Absolutely, but it has other issues, elsewhere, like clunky combat. Like having to do the tutorial every single character you roll, like... plenty of issues. It's the best storytelling MMO in a horror setting around, but it also has no competition. They put in the effort, but the end-result simply wasn't perfect.
    No game is perfect. I have only played TSW from Funcom and have had a boat load of fun with the game. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it's certainly entertaining. That to me is one of the most important parts of a game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    No game is perfect. I have only played TSW from Funcom and have had a boat load of fun with the game. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it's certainly entertaining. That to me is one of the most important parts of a game.
    Goto agree so far, and the scenery is epic. They really did a good job on capturing atmosphere.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Welp, they confirmed 320K copies sold and they've recouped all their development costs already. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how much of a hit this is, bodes well for their troubled finances.

So how often are we to expect updates for early access games?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So how often are we to expect updates for early access games?
    Often, I will put up a server this weekend and use a mod some fanbase dood made for autoupdatiting/autorestarting the server.
    It has been 1-2 updates per day since I started playing this last Friday.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, they confirmed 320K copies sold and they've recouped all their development costs already. I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how much of a hit this is, bodes well for their troubled finances.
    I wonder if that number includes all the pirated copies out there? After they accidentally released a DRM free beta build.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    I wonder if that number includes all the pirated copies out there? After they accidentally released a DRM free beta build.
    Any reasonable person would say no, given that they see no revenue from those versions.

If you wanted to take a shot at them for that mistake, go for it, no need to ask silly questions. And I'm sure all the pirates can enjoy their launch version which will not be receiving any updates.

Can someone tell me how many servers there are in official version? Is it possible to find completely empty server to start with a friend? And are servers any laggy now?

15+ Year Old Account
    If I want food to last longer in server settings does food fall under DurabilityMultiplier=x setting as well?
    Anyone know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    Can someone tell me how many servers there are in official version? Is it possible to find completely empty server to start with a friend? And are servers any laggy now?
    Finding a new one is doable for sure, problem is you have no idea how stable it will be, if it will be up for a week or 4 months whatnot.
    Either way it might be better to join one with at least some players cos it says some little bit about stability you can also use: Link to get server stats, uptime etc.
    They are not laggy except if its poor hardware or the current patch is poor(most often the case).