Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mark of prey Farming?

So I sit here dead, after having gotten 1 mark of prey. CD still 11 minutes, and just /sigh.

I gank one innocent guy just doing his stuff, then get RIP'd by a guy close to him at a pvp world quest tower.

To get 420 marks like this seems a bit much. Its worse than Bloody coin or some....Least one could buy boost for that.

What can we as players do to speed this up? I saw they fixed AV method....Seems they are busy fixing a lot of fun....Maybe next will be mana farming on the Dalaran iceland for fishing, cause they also did fix rat stallion raid farming etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

find a holy priest friend. Go to a place with an automatic resurrection gy. Tell the priest to download an addon which automatically releases their spirit. Kill them over and over and over again. Tedious but consistent. For max results they should remove their gear.

"When you turn into a spirit as holy it resets the debuff on you. The addon is there so that the priest can go watch netflix or something."
    Last edited by Nixl; 2017-02-07 at 03:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    find a holy priest friend. Go to a place with an automatic resurrection gy. Tell the priest to download an addon which automatically releases their spirit. Kill them over and over and over again. Tedious but consistent. For max results they should remove their gear.

"When you turn into a spirit as holy it resets the debuff on you."
    w..what? for real? holy shit i need to do dis
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    w..what? for real? holy shit i need to do dis
    Unless it has been fixed recently, it's how I helped a few guildies do it early on after reading it here somewhere.

Unless it has been fixed recently, it's how I helped a few guildies do it early on after reading it here somewhere.
    When was this? AV method was fixed some time ago like mid december, maybe they fixed other things. anyway something needs to happen...Im fucking over so many people in arena skirmish etc....Like Blizzard just makes me a toxic player due to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    When was this? AV method was fixed some time ago like mid december, maybe they fixed other things.
    Month or so after the grind was added maybe. We used the gy's at bareback brawl.

On the bright side, it's not a great mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

If the class you're trying to complete this on has a tank specialization, switch to that.. I farmed all of these pretty quickly as a bear (most of which came before the buff to bear PvP recently).

Deleted
    I found people at the Warden Towers are completely confused and out of their depth when attacked. Only problem usually are larger groups. I personally prefer to stay inside the tower or at the top. Leave tanks be they're almost immortal. Stunning people inside mob packs can help as the mobs will actually do damage under those circumstances.

Casters such as mages are at a serious disadvantage on the stairs or at the top of the tower with lots of LoS breaking things and the movement being rather restricted. If you find yourself hugely outnumbered just use a kite to fly around the tower and down. Works quite well for me.

Expect a lot of insults, people getting extremly angry and flaming though.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I found people at the Warden Towers are completely confused and out of their depth when attacked. Only problem usually are larger groups. I personally prefer to stay inside the tower or at the top. Leave tanks be they're almost immortal. Stunning people inside mob packs can help as the mobs will actually do damage under those circumstances.

Casters such as mages are at a serious disadvantage on the stairs or at the top of the tower with lots of LoS breaking things and the movement being rather restricted. If you find yourself hugely outnumbered just use a kite to fly around the tower and down. Works quite well for me.

Expect a lot of insults, people getting extremly angry and flaming though.
    This is what I mean. To do this grind I haft to be a complete dickhead...Sigh.

I found people at the Warden Towers are completely confused and out of their depth when attacked.
    Can confirm, was wondering why I could target a tauren shaman on my undead priest, but didn't really give much thoughts to it. He waited on the stairs until I was up in the tower and pulled the captain and all adds there, then he stunned and killed me. Wasn't aware this was a thing to do, so you might be lucky with that.

Deleted
    This is what I mean. To do this grind I haft to be a complete dickhead...Sigh.
    Not really. These are ultimatively PvP quests. People who go there should expect PvP to possibly happen. Warden Towers are not mandatory or necessary for anything PvE related.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Can confirm, was wondering why I could target a tauren shaman on my undead priest, but didn't really give much thoughts to it. He waited on the stairs until I was up in the tower and pulled the captain and all adds there, then he stunned and killed me. Wasn't aware this was a thing to do, so you might be lucky with that.
    Yeah, a lot of the people are also PvE players. Casters trying to cast right into your face, melees trying to walk backwards through you to get in front of them etc. Many of them end up dead long before they figure out what just hit them.

Not really. These are ultimatively PvP quests. People who go there should expect PvP to possibly happen. Warden Towers are not mandatory or necessary for anything PvE related.
    Except when they reward AP which everyone can use, then they become PvE related.
    Last edited by Occam-OC; 2017-02-07 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling ftw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    Except when they reward AP which everyone can use, then they become PvE related.
    It's still a PvP area. As a purely PvE player, any time I do the warden towers I go in knowing full well that someone could attack me and I won't really be able to fight back. It's just a risk you have to take going in. If someone really doesn't want to take that risk, there's plenty of other sources of AP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't bother with Warden towers but I farm at the falcosaur areas and ffa pvp areas (which I usually only get 1 ) it's pretty slow right now but my friend tells me it goes pretty quickly once you get the item that allows you to farm in BGs. I'm 30~ tokens in so far.

Some tips:
    1) Highmountain arena WQ is your friend. You can use the berserk to make people disappear and then u can run to the smoke to survive. There are always new people so you have less worries about the debuff.
    2) Use arena skirmish to reset the cooldown on the item in case you died before 15 minutes passed.
    3) Save your tokens for darkmoon 10% rep = 10% les tokens.
    4) Not sure if it's still working but once you are honored buy the new item and go ashran, farm mobs and even the critter wasps gives marks.

Quote Originally Posted by krogy View Post
    Some tips:
    1) Highmountain arena WQ is your friend. You can use the berserk to make people disappear and then u can run to the smoke to survive. There are always new people so you have less worries about the debuff.
    2) Use arena skirmish to reset the cooldown on the item in case you died before 15 minutes passed.
    3) Save your tokens for darkmoon 10% rep = 10% les tokens.
    4) Not sure if it's still working but once you are honored buy the new item and go ashran, farm mobs and even the critter wasps gives marks.
    Again this is what I mean. Like sigh, should just have made a petition on official forums lol. So you wan't me to do abuse 1 world quest, do it in the worst way, I mean it's even boring to just camp the shadow waiting for berserk debuff spawn, and if you die you are gonna fuck over some dude in arena ^^ blaaah.

There was a reason why I gladly payed was it 80k for bloody coin boost xd

Deleted
    So I sit here dead, after having gotten 1 mark of prey. CD still 11 minutes, and just /sigh.
    The item only has a 10m CD, so no?

To get 420 marks like this seems a bit much. Its worse than Bloody coin or some....Least one could buy boost for that.
    You needed 500 KBs for the mount and 5k for all ACMs. Definitely worse. And on an PvE server, your only hope was to get people to attack you are have them run into your AE (yes, for some bilities that still worked back then).

You only need to get the first 90 (120?) Marks of Prey in World PvP. You can do the rest in BGs with the item available from the Rep vendor.

I got mine pretty fast. Go to the FFA PvP quest areas. best is Azsuna, second best Stormheim, third is Highmountain. Stay clear of the one in val'shara. Try to hop onto a PvE realm. ppl will try to do the quest but don#t want to fight. Mind your own business, watch for ppls HP. If they have 2.2k HP or less, go for them. 2.5k can still be ok, but is tough. Everything above 2.5k don't touch. Gank them quickly. Don't stay too long on the same realm. If you killed some ppl they ill start to gang up on you and corner you 3_1 or worse. Unless you are tank, thats not a fight you can win. Hop to another realm, gank ppl again. if you lose the buff, queue for arena, lose the game, CD of the item is rdy again (unless they fixed that, too).

If you manage to mount stormtalon, great! If you kill ppl with stormtalons breath, you get the mark, but they don't get the debuff. Makes farming easier. Hpriests are great too, they don't get the debuff when they become the fallen angel (but you still the mark, unless thats fixed, too).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krogy View Post
    they fixed that, along with the troggs in the mines of AV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam-OC View Post
    BGs reward AP, this means BGs are now PvE related. Dungeons reward AP, this means Dungeons are now PvP related.

So you wan't me to do abuse 1 world quest, do it in the worst way, I mean it's even boring to just camp the shadow waiting for berserk debuff spawn
    You're not abusing anything here given the game is providing you these tools. The shadow exists on purpose, the berserk exists on purpose, you are able to attack other players on purpose. The spawn is also almost instantly. You don't even have to be the one to pick it up. The person who picks it up gets double damage too so depending on class you can blow them up before they know what happened to them.
    and if you die you are gonna fuck over some dude in arena ^^ blaaah.
    Never really was necessary for me to do this. You can also always stay if you chose this. Skirmish tends to only last for a minute or two at most, you get some honor and AP for it too.
    There was a reason why I gladly payed was it 80k for bloody coin boost xd
    Sorry but this kinda feels like entitlement. "I want the mount and the achievment but I do not want to do what is actually required of me.". Did you buy a gladi boost or high warlord too?

Month or so after the grind was added maybe. We used the gy's at bareback brawl.
    When I die at that area, I just spawn at a normal GY? Haft to wait the 30 sec. Is there another one?