Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads up - I got like 3 spare keys for CBT3 if someone wants - just PM me. It's a pretty fun looking game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got into CBT3 curteousy of your local kind dragon and I have to say I enjoy the game more than I did Blade and Soul. The combat isn't as snappy as say, Tera, but I like the aesthetic and combat so far. There are a LOOOOT of secondary systems that I don't even begin to understand and the intro is very run and talk heavy as opposed to combat and learning the game systems, but otherwise I don't have a lot negative right now.

Seems like a good foundation, just have to keep playing to see if everything else reveals itself.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Got into CBT3 curteousy of your local kind dragon and I have to say I enjoy the game more than I did Blade and Soul. The combat isn't as snappy as say, Tera, but I like the aesthetic and combat so far. There are a LOOOOT of secondary systems that I don't even begin to understand and the intro is very run and talk heavy as opposed to combat and learning the game systems, but otherwise I don't have a lot negative right now.

Seems like a good foundation, just have to keep playing to see if everything else reveals itself.
    Yar I also got in to CBT3 thanks to theWocky and I'm derping around to see how the classes I picked play out. I liked Blade and Soul's combat a bit more from its first impression when that game came out but it is still early in this game so I haven't gotten to fully test everything out yet. It is tough to try and get a grasp on all of the systems so far because not everything is translated so for now it is the ol trial and error system. I'm having fun exploring and can't wait to try out some dungeons now that I hit 20.

Gamespot is giving away 5000 codes, just go to there link, do what they want and you get one.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rev...GSS-05-10aaa0b

Forgot I even made this thread lol. I mite give it a go if I'm bored enough.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    My husband got bored with what he was playing (WoW) and started looking for other games, leading to him being very interested in this one and hyping it up to me. We just missed all the CBT3 code giveaways as we found out it was in CBT3 right when we started looking at it, but luckily they extended the beta for a week.

After reading through a few different forums to find out people's opinions on the game and watching a few different Youtube reviews, we decided to purchase the cheapest founders packs to try it out.

My opinion of the game so far is that I really like it. I am a fan of Asian MMOs in general, and this game feels to me like a mixture of BnS, Tera, Aion and GW2. I have played all of those and loved them. Visually, it probably looks the most like Tera. I had trouble with this at first as the characters look great close up, and the world looks nice, but if you zoom out the graphics of the characters in the world look a bit amateurish. My computer isn't top of the line, but increasing all of the graphics to max helped remedy this quite a bit for me as far as how the game looked. Character creation is pretty amazing and is pretty much on par with BnS's character creation.

I really like that you can choose from three different combat systems to play the game with. For the time being I've been playing with regular MMO tab targeting, although I might switch to action combat at some point. There is a emphasis on needing to dodge big attacks, which reminded me of GW2 and BnS and I really love that aspect as for me it makes the combat feel more fun.

As for Aion, it's obviously the wings that are reminiscent of that game, but that plus the sprinting/air gliding system that feels very BnS feel pretty great. There are also portal systems everywhere so it's very easy to get around between sprinting, ground mounts (which also sprint), flying (you can sprint in the air), and flying mounts.

There is a lot more that I need to learn and I'm a little concerned that the gear enhancement system is going to feel too much like BnS's gear system to me, which is what drove me away from that game (felt way too hard to get all the materials you needed for upgrades and like you were always behind). On top of that, I know there has been a lot of concern about the game being PW2, especially with the company that is running it. I watched a video on that and was disappointed in a few respects. First, they added an initial version of the cash shop in CBT3 and some of the items that are needed to advance gear (that you would usually get from dungeons/dailies) are in that cash shop. I don't want to get into a discussion about pay to advance versus pay to win (they don't have anything in there that is exclusive to the cash shop and can't be obtained in game), but it did really remind me of aspects of the cash shops for NCSoft games like Aion and BnS where there are clearly going to be people who pay and are then able to get their better gear quicker than normal players.

I do still plan to play this game, regardless of that. I think it's quite fun and for me it's going to be a question of how many people are advancing their characters in that manner and if it becomes a problem of me not being able to catch up to a lot of people or just a select few. I am well aware that even though something like this might not bother someone like me so much, it's commonly ill regarded in a Western market and will turn a lot of potential players away from the game (which could decrease the player population and kill games).

The other issue I have is the founders packs themselves. They look great, but then you find out that the items that are in them are not account bound but instead are bound to a single character, and that is the reason that they let you buy multiple packs.

Right now people on their official forums are wondering when they will tell if there is going to be a CBT4 or if the game will go into OBT instead. From what I've seen as far as the amount of localization changes that still need to be done, I think that it will probably most definitely have to go through another CBT. As far as cutscenes go, they have removed the sound from most of them as they don't have voiceovers done yet in English, but there are still a few in Mandarin. Text in the game is also far from all being translated and there is a good amount of it still in Mandarin and also in Russian in certain places. I'm not sure how long this is going to take them, but it seems to be the biggest issue I saw.

One thing that I am happy about (being a GW2 player), is that this game has been something that Dulfy has added to her website and already has a lot of information up about. Having her cover the game is going to make it a lot easier for a lot of people.
    Dulfy New Player Guide

I just wanted to finish out the post by linking two of the videos that I watched that I found particularly helpful. The first is a review by TheLazyPeon where you get to watch some gameplay and then he breaks down what he thinks are the pros and cons of playing (he does recommend the game).

The second is a rant video by Yuber detailing some of the possible PW2 issues, for those of you who are concerned with that.

All this being said, I enjoyed it so far and think it'll be worth a try at least when it goes into OBT for people who want a F2P game that will keep them busy for a bit.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2017-02-06 at 01:55 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting that Dulfy is covering this game out of all the potential games. GW2 and SWTOR are pretty big britches compared to Revelation. That being said, I played the heck out of the game for two weeks and took a break because I've seen all I need to know I will play the game and I don't even know if beta progress stays or goes away (assuming the latter). Even if it did stay, I just don't trust it after so many promises of no resets followed by resets.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Interesting that Dulfy is covering this game out of all the potential games. GW2 and SWTOR are pretty big britches compared to Revelation. That being said, I played the heck out of the game for two weeks and took a break because I've seen all I need to know I will play the game and I don't even know if beta progress stays or goes away (assuming the latter). Even if it did stay, I just don't trust it after so many promises of no resets followed by resets.
    I followed my quest to the hot spring yesterday and even saw Dulfy there. Like seeing a celebrity. :P

I believe I've seen them saying on official forums that progress will be wiped between each closed beta and won't be wiped after open beta starts. With F2P games it's pretty common that OBT is seen as a soft release before the official release date. Who knows, though. I'll keep an eye out for info on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for them to implement that invert mouse
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I got a beta code, installed and created a sexy swordmage yesterday...and that's about it. Character creator is basically Blade and Soul, with presets looking like they came straight out of that game...just with less shiny skin. It's on point.

I played through maybe 2 quests and only really got to move around and attack a dummy, but the controls feel very fluid and the animations are nice. Really looking forward to putting more time in the game. Only "complaint" is that the dark mage scythe wielding Occultist is the support class/ healer...but i didn't play it so can't say much. Was hoping it would be a magic/ melee damage dealer but that's what swordmage ended up being. Anyone have any play experience with the Occultist to say how the leveling experience is or how they do in groups? What's the game play like?

That cash shop LOL. Yup, staying as far away as possible from this P2W game.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    That cash shop LOL. Yup, staying as far away as possible from this P2W game.
    This.

Was kinda looking forward to this game, too

10+ Year Old Account
    Just came to post a quick update as they just released more info today.

Unfortunately the name reservation doesn't apply to the cheapest pack, only the mid and top tier packs.

Well, March 6 isn't too long to wait. Should have a bit more time on my gaming plate by then, so I'm alright with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i'm actually going to play this, was fun in closed beta. Also the cash shop didn't feel super p2w, but I also don't fully understand all the systems lol.

I spent $66.00 in closed beta to I had it for when early access starts since it's refunded, I also got the deluxe pack cause the cat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really know if I'd play this if it were as P2W as people say it is, but once thing I seriously appreciate from what I've seen from TheLazyPeon is that you can change your appearance for free. I'm always so nitpicky with creating my characters that I always get the "always greener on the other side of the road" kind of feeling if I'm stuck between multiple faces for example during creation once I'm done creating.

Also the flying and the world looks really, really cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I don't really know if I'd play this if it were as P2W as people say it is, but once thing I seriously appreciate from what I've seen from TheLazyPeon is that you can change your appearance for free. I'm always so nitpicky with creating my characters that I always get the "always greener on the other side of the road" kind of feeling if I'm stuck between multiple faces for example during creation once I'm done creating.

Also the flying and the world looks really, really cool.
    I actually can't remember if it was in his video or not, but the character creation thing is this...

You can change anything on the appearance of the character you've created for THREE DAYS after you create it. After that time period, you can still change it but will need to pay.

Personally, I'm getting really hyped up for the 27th. My SO and I got the deluxe packs and I'm pretty bored right now with nothing I want to play so I'm really looking forward to it.

I've read a lot of threads on the PW2 thing and it's really a matter of which you believe, but the paying to advance aspect doesn't really bother me that much even if I'm going to not be one of the ones spending a ton and there are some players that spend and get ahead of me. I honestly don't believe they will get THAT far ahead that I'll need to worry about it. I've played other Asian games that had this type of cash shop and I've started to agree with the mentality of the F2P players of those games that are actually grateful for the "whales" as they call them that spend a lot of money in the cash shop because it allows for the game to be able to continue to be run and for the F2P players to stay F2P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Still waiting for them to implement that invert mouse
    It's not new info but as I'm waiting for head start, I've been browsing forums and I found this thread on the official forums.
    https://ro.my.com/forum/thread/7427-...tion/?pageNo=1

Someone mentions later on that the option exists on CN but you have to adjust a game file or something to get it. Not sure what this means for you, just thought I'd mention it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    It's not new info but as I'm waiting for head start, I've been browsing forums and I found this thread on the official forums.
    https://ro.my.com/forum/thread/7427-...tion/?pageNo=1

Someone mentions later on that the option exists on CN but you have to adjust a game file or something to get it. Not sure what this means for you, just thought I'd mention it.
    Thanks for the info. But what it means for me; I won't touch the game until it's implemented in the game and working.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

15+ Year Old Account
    The game just launched and it's still missing invert mouse. Just a heads up for others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty, plays nice, but I everything I hear about the cash shop is negative.