Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if Fat people want to be Fat. But at least admit you are Fat because you lack self-control and at least admit you are unhealthy instead of lying to yourself and everyone else that you are "Healthy at any size."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    How many times are you going to open this same discussion. It's starting to feel like spam. Have you run out of new things to be outraged over?
    I'm making this forum great with interesting threads. What are you doing bud besides trying to put people down.

Citing Urban Dictionary as an argument. Rofl.

Deleted
    The majority of people are fat because in a lot of countries fastfood is much cheaper than healthy food.

If they want to fix it, put 50% taxes on fast food and then remove all taxes of healthy food, problem solved.

However the amount of jobs lost would be so high that no politician doesn't even wanna think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I'm making this forum great with interesting threads. What are you doing bud besides trying to put people down.
    Pointing out the nausiating repetition of the same topics seen over and over again. You are clogging up the off topic section with repetitious nonsense. You are not making anything great at all.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Instantly not trusting this because they're talking about BMI. BMI is bunk. You don't measure with BMI anymore because it's been proven to be incorrect.

Though I suspect Denmark has an obesity problem, seeing as how their eating habits aren't exactly healthy.
    What are the danish eating habits?

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    You know, you literally can't gain weight if you consume at a caloric deficit? You could drink 2k calories worth of soda a day, if you had no other calories you wouldn't gain weight.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...iet.professor/
    Literally no one is ONLY drinking soda as their entire diet. Why even try to argue that? I never said they do. I said that people who eat normally and add one soda a day will gain weight. The studies show this to be true. I'd trust a Harvard study over an opinion piece published by CNN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Citing Urban Dictionary as an argument. Rofl.
    Does it really matter though, you don't need a PHD to realise being Fat is extremely unhealthy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't be bothered to read beyond the first and last page of any given TA thread, so:

Stopped reading at "Danish". Don't care, not relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I don't get why, even though we continuously get such research and results, those in power refuse to act. It's time to take a stand and implement more firm measures. Is that really so difficult to do?
    Individual Freedom > *

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is collectivist nonsense. No one owes society good health. Our modern societies are historically bizarre constructs with all sorts of different conditions and incentives than anything that's existed in human evolution. Societal policies should be constructed around helping those in those societies, not insisting that each individual owes some dividend to society.
    Basically what I was about to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Pointing out the nausiating repetition of the same topics seen over and over again. You are clogging up the off topic section with repetitious nonsense. You are not making anything great at all.
    It wouldn't surprise me if he actually had a calendar for tracking the topics he posts. It's getting pretty infantile.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Literally no one is ONLY drinking soda as their entire diet. Why even try to argue that? I never said they do. I said that people who eat normally and add one soda a day will gain weight. The studies show this to be true. I'd trust a Harvard study over an opinion piece published by CNN.
    People can eat normally and drink a soda without gaining weight. Its called knowing your caloric threshold and having some cognizance about what you are eating. Its easy to over indulge on sugary products because they are simple carbohydrates that don't leave you full. Some people choose not to control their eating habits, and go well beyond their daily calorie need.

People can eat normally and drink a soda without gaining weight. Its called knowing your caloric threshold and having some cognizance about what you are eating. Its easy to over indulge on sugary products because they are simple carbohydrates that don't leave you full. Some people choose not to control their eating habits, and go well beyond their daily calorie need.
    Yeah, okay, you're not going by the facts. You're just spouting opinions. And obviously you can drink a soda without gaining weight as long as you watch your calories and exercise the appropriate amount. That's also not what we're discussing. Most people don't count calories. Most people drink more than one soda daily. I am not saying soda is the devil and that no one should be allowed to drink it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is spam and should be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Banning unhealthy food would protect Americans more than a travel ban would.
    Gov't can go full on nanny mode and only allow nutritious healthy foods, ban alcohol, tobacco, require 1 hour of physical activity, etc. etc.

Think I'll take freedom any day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This thread is spam and should be closed.
    Right on both definitions.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    So are sex, smoking, alcohol, driving cars.

But we only shame fat because it's unappealing eh.
    I feel like all of these except driving cars (in general, drunk or while texting is another story) is shamed pretty heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I feel like all of these except driving cars (in general, drunk or while texting is another story) is shamed pretty heavily.
    Sex is shamed?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Sex and alcohol aren't shamed.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, okay, you're not going by the facts. You're just spouting opinions. And obviously you can drink a soda without gaining weight as long as you watch your calories and exercise the appropriate amount. That's also not what we're discussing. Most people don't count calories. Most people drink more than one soda daily. I am not saying soda is the devil and that no one should be allowed to drink it.
    I'm am going by facts, nothing I said was an opinion. Also, you are contradicting your posts, by first stating it will cause weight gain, and now by being responsible. Though some of your posts it has sounded like you are on a crusade against soda.
    I think in Philadelphia, there is a soft drink tax at a state wide level though.
    http://6abc.com/news/new-philly-beve...shock/1682844/

Quote Originally Posted by urasim
    Literally no one is ONLY drinking soda as their entire diet. Why even try to argue that? I never said they do. I said that people who eat normally and add one soda a day will gain weight.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Sex and alcohol aren't shamed.
    Drunk driving is certainly shamed. Being "slutty" is shamed. Not having 'responsible' sex is shamed. Being "that friend" that drinks too much is shamed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Sex is shamed?
    Uhh, yes. Go to any thread on abortion?

I'm am going by facts, nothing I said was an opinion. Also, you are contradicting your posts, by first stating it will cause weight gain, and now by being responsible. Though some of your posts it has sounded like you are on a crusade against soda.
    I think in Philadelphia, there is a soft drink tax at a state wide level though.
    http://6abc.com/news/new-philly-beve...shock/1682844/
    Did you not read the study? It causes weight gain. You can negate it by doing more exercise or cutting other calories(which the vast majority don't do). And since we can't make people exercise, we have to help the system by supplying more funds through taxes.

No, I like to drink soda. But I have WAY more will power and knowledge about soda to negate the weight gain. I still support a tax on it. Since there's a growing need to support people who are fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Banning unhealthy food would protect Americans more than a travel ban would.
    On this we can agree.