Poll: Well?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    Well unfortunately there's no mathematical formula to compare the power of an old god with a 10k year booster in relation to her drawing magical energies from the titan soul inside our planet...

Either way, she probably won't be and end boss and she'll still get killed by a nameless band of adventurers.
    Yeah, it's just my guess. Void vs Titan. Could go either way. We don't know what exactly happened to the magic from the well after is blew up. She could have absorbed some of it, or it still could be present under the sea. All just guess work of course. If "energy cannot be destroyed" theory is also true for Azeroth, then the power has to have gone somewhere. What i'm saying is she could be wielding both powers at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know anymore. With all the talk that Sargeras is going to be the final boss of Legion I don't trust Blizzard to do anything anymore. I would love an expansion with her at the head of it but I just don't think it can happen at this point. They would need to make it make sense. I still feel like the Emerald nightmare was somewhat wasted. I knew we werent getting an expansion out of it but I would have at least liked to see it as a sort of Sunwell type thing where there was a quest hub around it. The argument could be made that Val'sharah was that but whatever lol.

But as for Azshara. I really feel like they are going to just make her a raid boss for some random raid before we fight N'zoth. He's the last living Old God on Azeroth after they retconned that we can indeed kill these things (which is also bonkers to me). Now if they actually make us able to kill Sargeras it will be fucking dumb lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    An end boss of a major raid? Yes.
    Last big baddy of an xpac? Nah
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    But is she powerful enough to be the final boss of an expansion was the question. Someone said she is less powerful the Kil/Archi, so she may not be up to snuff as the final boss of the expansion. She could easily be the final boss of like 8.1 or 8.2 though.
    Was Garrosh powerful enough? Even with the heart boost? Heck, was Garrosh stronger than Kil'jaeden or Archimonde at that point?

Also, Azshara was described as being inferior only to Archimonde and Sargeras when she was first introduced 10,000 years ago. Then she was a regular, mortal night elf who happened to be exceptionally gifted at magic. Mannoroth remarked to himself that Azshara was more powerful than himself, and only Archimonde and the lord of the Legion would be stronger than she was.

And that was before she was transformed by the Old Gods and spent 10,000 years in their service.

I could see N'Zoth as being the final boss of an expansion that featured her, though I'd prefer her to be the final boss and N'Zoth to escape at the end to raise hell in an underworld expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    I think it makes a lot of sense. I voted yes.
    As a last boss in a raid? Definitely. As the last boss of an expansion? Hardly. I mean, yeah, she's powerful, but I see more like Anub'arak was to the Lich King, to her Old God masters. In my opinion, she'll end up a last boss like Gul'Dan is, right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I see her as a mid tier boss at most in an N'zoth expansion.

Depends. Obviously, she'll share the expansion with N'zoth, so the question remains which one is mid-tier boss and which one the endboss. Up until Legion, I thought it would be Unknown T1 > N'zoth T2 > Azshara T3 because imprisoned N'zoth wouldn't be that big of a threat, especially because he was already the weakest old god. However, after all the hints and teases throughout Legion about N'zoth breaking out of his prison and pillars of creation being the keys that break him out, I've changed my mind to Unknown T1 > Azshara T2 > N'zoth T3. The only thing that could make Azshara > N'zoth is if somehow she takes his powers for herself, which I wouldn't put past her since she is quite powerful, but probably not more powerful than a free Old God, even if he's the weakest one.

After I was done writing this post I thought that maybe Zul could be the "Unknown" boss of T1 and have a cool sunken Zandalar raid with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I personally don't find her all that interesting so I voted no.
    What does your own personal opinion about the character have to do with this? Doesn't matter if she interests you or if you like her, she's still a villain that we're going to have to deal with.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2017-02-08 at 12:42 AM.

I hope she is. About to trigger some snowflakes but it would bring a good diversity to WoW and I could definitely see her on the box art cover.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you asked me before Legion, I would have said yes. But the with the power levels of the bosses we've fought and will fight, I feel like Azshara is just a tad on low end when it comes to expansion bosses. She will either be a tier boss or the 2nd to last boss of the expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    he also has voice lines in wwo, a few of them
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yeah. I think there is a good chance it will be next expansion too, they could tie it in to Suramar nicely.

I think the last boss of an azshara expansion would be n'zoth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    I hope she is. About to trigger some snowflakes but it would bring a good diversity to WoW and I could definitely see her on the box art cover.

yea brutha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Was Garrosh powerful enough? Even with the heart boost? Heck, was Garrosh stronger than Kil'jaeden or Archimonde at that point?
    MoP was a pretty tame expansion. In fact I'd say the raids/bosses there were the weakest lore-wise of any boss of any other expansion.

TBC we had Illidan and KJ
    WoTLK we had TLK
    Cata we had old god empowered Deathwing (I'd actually argue that this was the most powerful being we killed so far. Look at the damage he did to Azeroth, it's still there to this day)
    MoP we had angry Garrosh...
    WoD we had Archi
    and in Legion we'll prob have Sargeras or his avatar.

Garrosh is by far the weakest of the bunch.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    no, old gods are creations of the void.
    seeking world souls to corrupt and turn to madness for their lords.

demons are the manifestations of chaos.
    beings born just to destroy things and spread chaos further everywhere.
    SHIT. I wasn't paying attention when I wrote this. God, talk about a brain fart. My apologies!

Void <--------> Light
    Chaos <------> Order
    Death <------> Life

Importantly, you said they are seeking world souls to corrupt and turn to madness

I like this spotlight, it adds that Void <---> Light are important, but they also represent
    Madness <---> Sanity

which is a parallel to
    Chaos <-----> Order
    but not exactly the same thing.

The Old Gods seek to induce madness on the world souls, not chaos.

Good check Arafal, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    MoP was a pretty tame expansion. In fact I'd say the raids/bosses there were the weakest lore-wise of any boss of any other expansion.

TBC we had Illidan and KJ
    WoTLK we had TLK
    Cata we had old god empowered Deathwing (I'd actually argue that this was the most powerful being we killed so far. Look at the damage he did to Azeroth, it's still there to this day)
    MoP we had angry Garrosh...
    WoD we had Archi
    and in Legion we'll prob have Sargeras or his avatar.

Garrosh is by far the weakest of the bunch.
    Alternate-timeline Archi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind Azshara is N'Zoth. Unless N'Zoth would be a Ra-den/Sinestra style fight, Azshara wouldn't be the end boss of an expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    She can hold her own as a final boss, but her Naga can't hold an expansion on their own. She either has to piggyback on another threat or be doomed to patch boss status.

Knowing Blizzard, Thrall killsteals her in a cutscene during questing
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

End Boss, her power is so strong that it's said she ranks among Sargeras LT's such as Kil'jaeden and Archimonde and even then it's questionable if the two eredar lords would survive a battle against her.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOtaku666 View Post
    End Boss, her power is so strong that it's said she ranks among Sargeras LT's such as Kil'jaeden and Archimonde and even then it's questionable if the two eredar lords would survive a battle against her.
    I feel as though she's long overdue to make a true appearance though. The appearances she makes on Darkshore and Azuna kind of ruin her mystique. She's supposed to be a massive abomination of a naga, but they just give her a Lady Vashj like model. The fact that we see her slither around really ruins it for me.

Kil'jaedan wasn't seen until he erupted out of the Sunwell, before that he controlled things from behind the scenes.
    Arthas wasn't seen again until we actually enter Northrend. Before that he was sleeping on the Frozen Throne, purging Ner'zhul from his body.
    Deathwing has been MIA since the Second War I think. The guy just randomly erupts out of the planet and wrecks the World. We had so many theories on where he was such as Grim Batol, turns out he was in Deepholm.

For a big bad she doesn't keep a low enough profile.