Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Winning, so much winning I've got that Chris Mathews feeling up my leg.

I already expect in the midterm elections in two years the democrats will be running on an "impeach Trump" plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Depends who you ask. Most liberals think he is a fascist,
    Correction - ALL observant persons KNOW he is a fascist.

When you literally meet all the criteria the word is defined by, you are that word. That's the point.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Correction - ALL observant persons KNOW he is a fascist.

When you literally meet all the criteria the word is defined by, you are that word. That's the point.
    Correction: opinion without any hard evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    I already expect in the midterm elections in two years the democrats will be running on an "impeach Trump" plan.
    Good luck to them though: 10 of the Senate seats up for grabs in 2018 are held by Democrats in states that Trump won in the election, some cases in large margins.

I think it is more likely that 2018 Dems will lose 2-6 seats in the senate, break even maybe gain +10 in the House, then have to wait until 2020 to flip the Senate, maybe.

I could be wrong but I think the house is in Republican control until Dem's learn how to talk to rural voters again. You can't win the house by sticking to an Urban-only voter outreach strategy.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    im curious to know what the average american makes of your new president?
    from afar it looks like a kind of anarchy has taken over the white house, there is always something going on in that place.
    will this continue for the next days, weeks, months & for your sakes i do hope not, years?
    i can see good & bad in what he's (i think) trying to achieve, but it looks all too messy.
    Anyone who says they regret voting for him after 2 weeks didn't vote for him, that is almost a guarantee. On the other hand there are people like myself that thought Obama was going to be the great unify-er in 2008 only to be demonized for the outrageous act of being white. Then his cuts to the military essentially laid me off from the Navy, and my uncles business in Coal mine safety and rescue closed. They wonder why we are so mad?

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Correction: opinion without any hard evidence.
    Enjoy your umbrella dude ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

As an Australian currently working in the USA I feel that Trump's ideas are a bit of mixed bag for me.

For example, the travel ban stuff doesn't really bother me too much - I mean it makes sense to clamp down on countries like Syria and Iraq where you are literally engaged in war with different factions. And all in all I think nobody would have cared if the wording had been a bit different.

For example: Iran has not only committed direct attacks but it has also committed terrorism by proxy through Hezbollah, Hamas, the Taliban, militias in Iraq, and a plethora of other terrorist groups. Iran has a long history of terrorist attacks against the U.S. and Israel, mainly through bombings, abductions, and hijackings. So it's not like there is no basis for such a ban against them.

But then on the other hand he does things like order the gutting of Dodd-Frank - the laws enacted after the 2008 crash to keep Wall Street from ever again bilking Americans into oblivion. Which to me seems kind of dumb since they have shown the world over why there needs to be some measures in place to manage that lot.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2017-02-08 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Most sane Americans think he's an mentally unstable idiot who is dangerously trying to pass off lies as fact. We are pissed off at the neo-Nazi rhetoric that seems to have crawled out of the woodwork since his election win. While not a dramatic shift since the election, the number of Republicans that support him seems to be dwindling.

On the upside of things, Obamacare will hopefully be around for at least another year, and his H1B visa changes weren't too bad.

Almost everything else has been terrible.
    So 45% of the country, see this is the problem with the debate. All liberals are violent anarchists that destroy places like Starbucks and wear vaginas on their heads to protest..... I'm not sure what. See how this works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    Which will be another losing strategy, what is the democrats message? The better come up with one quick because they are going to lose a bunch of seats in the senate in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Then his cuts to the military essentially laid me off from the Navy, and my uncles business in Coal mine safety and rescue closed. They wonder why we are so mad?
    You're mad that Obama didn't land us directly in any wars, and that coal mining in general has been on the way out for decades? Cool story.

Anyway, about Trump. I've started logging the number of things he calls "fake" or similar. So far we have fake news, fake polls, so-called judge (i.e., fake). Pretty much anything that disagrees with his narrative. Soon, we'll likely have fake demonstrations, fake protests, fake laws, fake people...

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    You're mad that Obama didn't land us directly in any wars, and that coal mining in general has been on the way out for decades? Cool story.

Anyway, about Trump. I've started logging the number of things he calls "fake" or similar. So far we have fake news, fake polls, so-called judge (i.e., fake). Pretty much anything that disagrees with his narrative. Soon, we'll likely have fake demonstrations, fake protests, fake laws, fake people...
    Yea sorry bro that I'm not cool with people losing their jobs and businesses for political agendas. Such a fringe position I know.

So 45% of the country, see this is the problem with the debate. All liberals are violent anarchists that destroy places like Starbucks and wear vaginas on their heads to protest..... I'm not sure what. See how this works.
    I see that's what the right seems to think.

Yea sorry bro that I'm not cool with people losing their jobs and businesses for political agendas. Such a fringe position I know.
    So, you want the US to get involved in more wars just so there are more military jobs?

I read a story that made me chuckle. There's a group in New Jersey, it's an immigrant assistance office mostly funded by state and federal money. Most of the office had to be laid off because of a lack of immigrants to help. Then, the part that made me chuckle, they were complaining that we need to let in more immigrants so that 200 people could keep their jobs helping the immigrants.

I'm a hardcore leftie, or what have you, but that made me chuckle.

Why?

For the same reason I don't care about a navy contract job or a coal mining job when we actually don't need either.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    We have a system in place that doesn't allow one state to dominate our national elected offices you mean.
    That is a ramification, yes. But what I said is also 100% accurate.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The "average" American from friends I've spoken to over there don't really care that much. A few don't really like him but accept him since he is their President. Others like him and are happy he is in.

Most of my American friends realise that a lot of the hatred and bluster about him comes from an extremely bias Media hyperboling shit up and so far they are just getting used to a new president..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I see that's what the right seems to think.
    The Left strikes again
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I read a story that made me chuckle. There's a group in New Jersey, it's an immigrant assistance office mostly funded by state and federal money. Most of the office had to be laid off because of a lack of immigrants to help. Then, the part that made me chuckle, they were complaining that we need to let in more immigrants so that 200 people could keep their jobs helping the immigrants.

I'm a hardcore leftie, or what have you, but that made me chuckle.

Why?

For the same reason I don't care about a navy contract job or a coal mining job when we actually don't need either.
    Well then your position is in the minority, because a lot of people care about the military in the US, and a lot of people in places like Pennsylvania, WV, and Kentucky care about the coal industry. You know, states that Trump won.

Well then your position is in the minority, because a lot of people care about the military in the US, and a lot of people in places like Pennsylvania, WV, and Kentucky care about the coal industry. You know, states that Trump won.
    My position isn't anti-military at all. It was a simple concept. Or should be? Succinct version: a policy to create military jobs requires wars to make any sense; and a policy to create wars because it creates military jobs is fucking insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The "average" American from friends I've spoken to over there don't really care that much. A few don't really like him but accept him since he is their President. Others like him and are happy he is in.

Most of my American friends realise that a lot of the hatred and bluster about him comes from an extremely bias Media hyperboling shit up and so far they are just getting used to a new president..
    I must say I agree. People's interest in him tends to go as far as what is he doing to help them. If he puts a policy in place that doesn't affect them or has little to do with them then most people don't really care.

The media like him since a few comments from him basically fill out your news segment or news paper for the next few days.

I mean just look at the mileage they are getting from a Judge deciding that a temporary ban order on his "travel ban" should be upheld since both states involved have grounds for a case. If you watch the video he makes it clear that this is only a temporary measure and that he suggests it should be taken to the 9th Circuit of Appeals to have the appropriate level of consideration of the case occur.