Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pro-tip: Don't treat others like shit.

Choosing to harm someone that has done no harm makes you look lame as hell and can ruin the lives others. Don't be a horrible human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    It doesn't have to do with her being attractive or not. She doesn't have an ugly face to me. Her disgusting habits, hygiene and all are manifest. Her mind is ugly to me because it is sick. That trickles down to being dirty on the outside. Not many fat people are clean, so on so forth.
    Can't really get a personality map out of a picture...you know, just looking at it. Yes, she has an ugly personality, but that doesn't have anything to do with her body size... I was only meaning her outward physical appearance...

What even...

And hygiene...er, ok, and you know this...how? Dancers usually keep their hyegiene fairly well...otherwise they don't have an audience...outside of fetishes...and I doubt burlesque dancing is a fetish...

Third; BUrlesque doesn't have much to do with weight, it is a performance...style? Dunno if that's the right word...I'm ill atm and my brain is baked as fuck atm...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    And a heart attack will teach her this very valuable lesson.
    Well, most people don't know when they have a heart attack until it's escalated to the killy ones...and her dying from one doesn't teach her anything...because she'd be dead...

There's nothing attractive about a ball of lard in little clothing.
    Not with that attitude, hey-oooo!
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-02-08 at 05:04 AM.

She is fat. She may not like to hear it but it's true.

More importantly she is allegedly an adult. I mean what good is meant to come of this? You got bullied so you go and bully someone 10x harder? All that does is instil more hatred. it does nothing to really educate or change peoples minds - just goes on to further anchor them in their beliefs. Most normal balanced people would've ignored it and moved on with their lives. If you keep stopping to entertain every person who makes a mean comment in life you're not going to get very far.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    This just in:

Slit your wrists can be paraphrased to "eww gross" - it's just "teenager slang". Totally comparable.

I don't give a fuck if you think fat people are the worst people on Earth. Nobody deserves to be spoken to like that, and to say she somehow deserved or encouraged it is flatly ridiculous, and you should definitely be ashamed of yourself more than she should.

But hey; the president of the united states casually described rape as locker room banter and still got elected, so why should 15 year old boys do differently. She's not naked in the pictures, and at 15 the boy is allowed to watch MA movies (15+ in aus, I'm guessing you have something similar in USA). This has absolutely nothing to do with the suitability of the pictures and everything to do with the reasonability of the responses.

If you think it's ok for teenagers to use language like this kid used, then get the fuck away from any children. The fact that many do doesn't make it appropriate and certainly doesn't mean they shouldn't be called out for it.
    This just in:

Teenagers have poor judgment. This is why they can't do certain things and only have half the responsibility of everybody else.

Their brains are literally underdeveloped, and some are less or more developed than others. This is exactly how teens talk these days, with every generation the language gets more and more crude because they notice it's how they get a reaction. from us (the older generations)

I don't say I agree with the boys language, but you seem to be expecting too much from a child.

She made it a personal vendetta against a child, for acting how teenagers act. She's the adult and acted just like a teenager.

Stop teenager shaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Third; BUrlesque doesn't have much to do with weight, it is a performance...style? Dunno if that's the right word...I'm ill atm and my brain is baked as fuck atm...
    I'd say it's more about body shape than actual weight or mass. She just looks like poorly built snowman to me. :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Poor kid, that's gross, when you see vomit you comment on how disgusting it is
    No kidding. A few extra pounds is ok, being a twig is unhealthy too. But that's just disgusting. I would say she looks like she got beaten with the ugly stick. But she looks like the whole ugly forest fell on her.

It depends on what the kid was doing too. I mean, if he was harassing her or inciting violence that's bad. If he just told her she's fat and ugly...well it's true. She's fat and hideously ugly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    She looks as beautiful as the four women she had to eat to get that big. all mashed together into one horrifying mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelxin View Post
    And yes, if you're addicted to food, there's a program for that.

All of the above is unhealthy, but as far as I'm concerned, as long as they're not affecting anyone else or shoving it in their faces, let them kill themselves with their addiction to drugs, smoking, alcohol or food.

In this case, she put it out publicly shoving it in other people's faces, so she should have expected public feedback. If you don't want to hear other people's comments, don't put it in a place that you will hear them.
    While it may seem contrary to common sense and popular belief, a person who is overweight or obese is not necessarily addicted to food, that is merely an automatic naive assumption.

I also fail to see your point about how she is shoving herself in other people's faces. Those who choose to watch her dance or peruse her social media selfies are doing so because the act is exactly that, their choice. She isn't exactly holding a gun to their heads and telling them that they must look at and fawn over her. So your claim of her "shoving it in other people's faces" is nothing but laughable. Are you so put off by seeing something that you may find repugnant that your automatic self-preserving response is that you were forced to do so?

This woman also seemed to definitely know that she may receive negative responses, but the point is not that if she didn't want to recieve negative comments that she should not post information publicly. The point was that we shouldn't let people who purposefully make negative comments feel comfortable for doing so, and that the online community as a whole shouldn't let trolls and the negative domain of public opinion stand alone as the online public voices that are allowed to be heard. I know I'm all for making people feel bad if they take joy in putting people down online, or in person. If it is okay for them to express their opinions and raise pitchforks, so to speak, to rally against a certain ideal or person that they disagree with then the reverse is easily true. Do everything you can to strip the anonymity from online haters to allow them the opportunity to taste their own medicine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    She is fat. She may not like to hear it but it's true.

More importantly she is allegedly an adult. I mean what good is meant to come of this? You got bullied so you go and bully someone 10x harder? All that does is instil more hatred. it does nothing to really educate or change peoples minds - just goes on to further anchor them in their beliefs. Most normal balanced people would've ignored it and moved on with their lives. If you keep stopping to entertain every person who makes a mean comment in life you're not going to get very far.
    As bad as it is to say you are never going to educate people like trolls, online or in real life, or influence them to change their behavior by being nice to them. They may be people at the end of the day, but their personality type feeds their desire to feel better about themselves by putting others down. At least by sending a little potent directed responses to hate back at them you can at least potentially deal a blow that may put them in their place. Afterall, if you just ignore rude behavior today it will still come tomorrow instead of getting rid of it if the offender is really dedicated to harassing you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Why does she deserve to be insulted and be told to kill herself?
    I've been told to kill myself just because I misjudged demand and ran out of chili, which resulted in 4 items on a menu getting 86'd for a couple days.

People are cruel. I deserved criticism for failing at my job, of course. And since that job was to serve anyone walking through the door... well, people are cruel.

Thick skin. Need it if you're selling a service.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

7+ Year Old Account
    This isn't about rights, tough. This is about not being an asshole to people for no reason.
    The kid in the OP was in the wrong, yes. But not because said something, but because of what he said. And some fat chic posting pictures of herself in skimpy clothing or parading down the street half-naked is a reason to say something. People can't un-see that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Why not? You must commit crimes. If you are a law-abiding citizen and expect everyone else to be the same, you have nothing to fear. You are probably a criminal.
    I hope this is sarcasm. If not, it's probably the stupid comment in this thread. Privacy is not indicative of intent. Most rational people tend to have a preference and expectation of some level of privacy.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-02-08 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    I'd say it's more about body shape than actual weight or mass. She just looks like poorly built snowman to me. :/
    ...that's not really under the control of anyone...people pack fat were they do because of genetics, not were they want to...

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all do realize ... she's in Yellowknife.
    Yellowknife (English pronunciation: /iɛloʊnaɪf/; French pronunciation: ​[jelɔnif]; 2011 population: 19,234[3]) is the capital and only city, as well as the largest community in the Northwest Territories (NT or NWT), Canada. It is located on the northern shore of Great Slave Lake, approximately 400 km (250 mi) south of the Arctic Circle, on the west side of Yellowknife Bay near the outlet of the Yellowknife River.
    Her qualifications for being a burlesque dancer, in that particular area, are 1) Not dead (recently deceased might still be good enough), Female (willing to dress up as a female might pass), 3) Human (Millie the Moose with Photoshop may be enough for cold nights alone), 4) Under the age of 100 (unless lively). Showing leg is a bonus.

For her circle of friends/fans, that was the environment she expected to be posting in. Then, some teen in London decides he wants to have fun mocking her. Welcome to the Internet, a lack of borders works both ways. She submitted the information the headmaster requested, the headmaster acted according to the appropriate standards and policies.

Now, all of you invoking health, get over to the toast rack thread and apply the same concern. You won't, because health isn't really what you care about. Pictures of a fat woman in the middle of nowhere, that sets you off.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    insults about her weight, demands that she kill herself.

"He ended it by posting that I should slit my own wrists and eat my own blubber," she said.
    Nice try. Obesity kills.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why should we let these "vile creatures" get away with it? Why not punish them if possible to make them stop? Kid thought he could be dumb under his real name. I got no empathy for him.

My suspicion is that a lot of the people defending the kid fear that they might get doxxed and feel the consequences of being shit heads one day too.

One of my favorite things on the internet is when people get fired for saying something racist online.

Trolls are a cowardly lot.
    Don´t get me wrong. I celebrate a dose of justice just as much as the next guy. But I also get giggles out of butthurt people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    I'm not trying to help what so ever. Don't put that shit word in my mouth.
    You fuck right off for putting words in my mouth.

She is fat. She is gross. She is obese. She is unhealthy. It's on her to help herself, which she is not doing. When was the last time she sweat enough to burn 1000 calories? Right.. it was the meat sweats while putting 1000 calories on.

So what do you care? You just wanna go back to being a bully like in highschool because its the only time you felt like you were worth something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    ...that's not really under the control of anyone...people pack fat were they do because of genetics, not were they want to...

This is pretty much all one has to say to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    This is pretty much all one has to say to that.
    Ok, that is not what I said, and you know it, so don't put words in my mouth.

Humans cannot control WERE they store fat. Some people, by genetics, store more fat around their hips and thighs (pear shape, and 'healthier') rather than around their bellies (apple shape, the unhealthy fat storage). Either way, you are overweight, which mostly is in our control, outside select genetic disorders, which are so rare that it can't be counted into a generalization. Still, an overweight person who has a pear-shape, is overall healthier than a person with an apple-shape, which is somewhat based in genetics, aka out of our control.

This doesn't defend people being fat as a good thing, it is not, but for fucks sake, can you stop just resorting to infantile straw-men? Please?

Holy fuck, it's like you people are looking for a fight.

Deleted
    No but they can control whether they store fat especially in excessive ammounts, no?

Deleted
    Well, this thread went places...

Imagine trying to explain your behavior to mom.
    "Shit mom, if she didn't want me to make fun of her weight, she wouldn't be so god damn fat." Not a difficult explanation.

That's the advice you always get to internet bullying.... Turn the other cheek.*Don't respond. Ignore it. Turn off the computer. Delete your account. Or keep your account private.
    There's a good reason that's the standard advice. Because now that this made the news, the abuse is probably never going to end. This is why social media has things like block buttons. Feeding the trolls just turns it into a feeding frenzy. Fighting the trolls can only, at best, end in a Pyrrhic victory. Escalation might have fucked him up, but the internet will always out-escalate you.

Lets be honest though, the real victims of this tragedy are the people that saw her picture.