Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    im curious to know what the average american makes of your new president?
    from afar it looks like a kind of anarchy has taken over the white house, there is always something going on in that place.
    will this continue for the next days, weeks, months & for your sakes i do hope not, years?
    i can see good & bad in what he's (i think) trying to achieve, but it looks all too messy.
    The average American is hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He's an insane wannabe dictator who fires people that disagree with him, tries to slander and intimidate judges for disagreeing with him, and threatens to use economic sanctions as a weapon on cities and states that don't bow to his will.

Fortunately, we have checks and balances to keep him in check. Unfortunately, one of those is just doing whatever he says to do.
    It's like a nation wide Apprentice! You know he wants to fire presidents and pm's around the globe! He must have pissed himself with Australia when the best he could do was hang up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    He isn't amazing, his muslim ban shouldn't make it past the supreme court, his wall will cost tax payers billions and realistically do nothing, he will piss off our allies, but we will be fine as long as he doesn't start a war.
    Aren't you concerned about Wall Street, production costs and its consequences, environmental matters, education system, and inappropriate use of cheeto dust?

10+ Year Old Account
    Love him. 10/10... all he does is win. If I could give him my kidney, I wouldn't... wtf does he want with my kidney? That's wierd...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It's an interesting time in America, I find most Americans are indifferent though, but if you watch the media you'd get a much different story that the world is ending lol. There are some that dislike the guy no doubt, and there are some that are pleased he won, but most people don't really dwell on the guy as much as the media would imply, it's hard to watch a regular show that doesn't mention the guy on a regular basis. If some minor incident happens, like a KKK guy gives the middle finger to someone driving and yells "vote Trump" it will literally make front page news.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    He's literally Hitler!
    I think he's actually worse. Hitler might've been insane, but he wasn't stupid. Trump wishes he could be Hitler but not only is he not smart enough to pull it off, he doesn't even realize he isn't smart enough. This guy actually thinks he's intelligent. When in reality, he is actually stupider than Zapp Brannigan. In fact, here's Billy West reading off Trump quotes in Zapp Brannigan's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    im curious to know what the average american makes of your new president?
    from afar it looks like a kind of anarchy has taken over the white house, there is always something going on in that place.
    will this continue for the next days, weeks, months & for your sakes i do hope not, years?
    i can see good & bad in what he's (i think) trying to achieve, but it looks all too messy.
    Long answer: I have the opportunity to talk to a fair amount of people in various trades in various places. I never let on my own thinking, or I gloss it over, and instead casually bring up Trump, and I see what they say.

For the most part, overwhelmingly in fact, the people I've spoken to think Trump is a mixed bag, and they have serious doubts about information coming out about him from anywhere, left or right. They also espouse a "wait and see" approach.

Anyway, there are a few people that are adamantly anti-Trump or pro-Trump, and I'd say they're about 20% of the people I talk to. The pro-Trump crowd are almost exclusively people who I would personally judge as not having a positive world outlook, to put it nicely. These people talk about race wars, and the problems with blacks, etc. There have been a couple people with reasonable arguments for being 100% pro-Trump, and who were good people in my judgement.

On the other side, The anti-Trump crowd is passionate in their anti-Trump position and have substantive arguments and reasoning for being that way, though it's 50/50; About half argue that Trump either wants to deport all Mexicans, just initiated a ban on any Muslims coming into the country, or that he was caught raping a little girl but the media didn't cover it, or some other nonsense. But none of the anti-Trump people were what I would describe as bad people.

Short answer: 80% of the people I've talked to think Trump is a mixed bag.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-02-08 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me, he is just another dictator, only a dumb and incompetent one. I've lived in 3 authoritarian/totalitarian dictatorships before moving to the US, and this guy is pretty much the same as the rulers of those countries. Doomsaying, fearmongering, disregard for / manipulation of facts, attacking disloyal media, finding scapegoats everywhere, justifying suppression of freedoms by appealing to security needs, spitting on human rights and on the constitution and law - same old good "Dictator's cookbook, version 384942, revised".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Enjoy your umbrella dude ...

What a nice childish response. I see you still can't show evidence over opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    My position isn't anti-military at all. It was a simple concept. Or should be? Succinct version: a policy to create military jobs requires wars to make any sense; and a policy to create wars because it creates military jobs is fucking insane.
    You can easily create military jobs without being in war.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I see you still can't show evidence over opinion.
    Well I can and have, however in the response I made which you felt was childish - I was making a point.

Apart from the thousands of bits of evidence falling all around you making it obvious, what specific bit of rain would you consider convincing.

Because - torrents of evidence don't convince you, I need to know from you what single drop of water will ?

Then I'll go and get it, so you can deny it as well.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Well I can and have, however in the response I made which you felt was childish - I was making a point.

Apart from the thousands of bits of evidence falling all around you making it obvious, what specific bit of rain would you consider convincing.

Because - torrents of evidence don't convince you, I need to know from you what single drop of water will ?

Then I'll go and get it, so you can deny it as well.
    Go ahead and go get it. Put plz refrain from media stories with unnamed sources or general opinion pieces on the huffington post. I'll be back later to read it being I'm on hour number 12 at work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeph View Post
    Worst case scenario: Courts and Congress keep him in check from going to insane.
    You think Congress is going to keep him in check? Did you sleep through the recent cabinet confirmations?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

So far i like how hes making the US left be themselves with engaging in violence and destruction. For to long have they hide their feelings behind false words of wanting to help and silly slogans like love trumps hate. They are just as angry as the Right wing here but they been forced to put up a front, its good for them to finally be able to release such pent up emotions.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly just want him to go away, it will be a long 3 years and 11 months

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Go ahead and go get it.
    Get what - I need you to define the requirements that will convince you. AS I said, the torrent of evidence currently there isn't convincing you - I need to know exactly special small drop of water will convince you.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The "average" American from friends I've spoken to over there don't really care that much. A few don't really like him but accept him since he is their President. Others like him and are happy he is in.

Most of my American friends realise that a lot of the hatred and bluster about him comes from an extremely bias Media hyperboling shit up and so far they are just getting used to a new president..
    Your American friends sound made up.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    He's literally Hitler!
    So this kid knows nothing about Hitler, I don't see him rounding up Jew's and have people killed that don't agree with him. Speaking of that. That's Something that Hillary HAS done.

But back to the topic at hand, I enjoy having him. Someone with some balls that wants to push back the corruption and not feed it and make it grow. Why do you think Trump is hated? Alot of people on here are out for number 1 and want to keep abusing the corrupted system he trying to fix.

Years ago people talked about how shit Obama was, But here comes Hillary who is Obama 2.0 and a well know Criminal and Information Seller ( AKA Traitor to the USA ) but blinded corrupted fools on here are like " Ohmagawd <3 "

This is what really summons up what is going on here on the Internet.

TRUMP SAYS = So, Based on Data Alot of people coming over from Mexico are coming illegally and many of them are dangerous criminals, There are also ISIS members sneaking into our country acting as refugee's planing terror attacks and killing people. I believe we should have a Travel Ban so we can filter out who is coming in to our country to protect us.

PEOPLE BE LIKE : OMG THATS RASIST!! There's no such thing as terrorism!! Its a lie!! EVERYONE loves the USA!! I sure all them beheads and drugs flooding in for Mexico are fake too!!

HILLARY SAYS = Yeah guys, I sold you all out by E-mail's but hey, You know how it is - Gotta get Paided! Besides once I am President, I'll sweep that all under a rug just like how I had that one bitch in my foundation killed. God she sucked! Anyway one I am President the 1st thing ill do is try to take away all your guns so you cant protect your freedoms, I mean it will start a civil war with millions of us dying but hey? Life is cheap so no biggie, Also after that i will totally open up our borders so anyone can come in! Just think of it! Everyone that wants to kill us like my friends in ISIS who me and daddy have been selling guns to for that last 6+ years can come right over no problem! I am sure all them mexican drug dealer wont mind either! the only people that will be upset is Russia but i mean who care right? its not like they can wipe us of the map with nukes if we upset them so no worry's there!

PEOPLE BE LIKE : WOW! Hillary is totally the best pick for our future!

Now i know this is the greatest post you have ever read on this site. enjoy it while it lasts because you know some salt mod or other assholes will rage, Its okay. The truth stings. You guys lost and come 2020 you will lose again. Move on and deal with the change.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

You can only hope the Trump administration is just trying to get all their changes out now to exhaust the population who won't know which one to be outraged at in the sea of choices. The other goal being for the rage to die down and be partially forgotten for Trump's reelection bid in 2020.

So, hopefully all the insanity coming from the White House will die down soon.

However you view him, know that everyone in the US agrees that polls cannot be trusted. They had Hillary in a landslide with 300+ electors and they also had Brexit stay in a landslide. The polls, for some reason(cough) lean liberal.

If you want to use the polls, take whatever they say and add about 20 points towards the right and you get accurate figures.

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of America doesn't hate Trump. They're reserving judgement.

Only 60% of the eligible voters voted. 40% did not. If children account to roughly 20% of the population, that's 60%. That's not even including illegal and felons.

You cannot possibly know that everyone that voted for Hillary or other candidate hates Trump, or even that some of the people that voted for Trump only did it for "the lesser evil".

The average American doesn't give a shit about narratives as long as their well-being is secured.

MSM sure as hell doesn't care about informing anything or anyone that doesn't support their narrative. So take what you see with a grain of salt.

Any opinion from a non-legal/naturalized American citizen can only be conjecture. Foreign MSM is inherently propaganda, regardless of the context.

Get what - I need you to define the requirements that will convince you. AS I said, the torrent of evidence currently there isn't convincing you - I need to know exactly special small drop of water will convince you.
    You have no torrent of evidence, it's a "special small drop" made of snowflakes. Nobody wants your gay frog water. Worry about convincing yourself why you can't convince other people.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.